Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's considered to be "rich"?

jakojakojakojako Member Posts: 332

Hey, I was just wondering what amount of isk makes people consider you to be "rich" in this game. I know it's probably a lot, maybe 500 bill and up is considered rich, but I was wondering what your opinions were.

Personally i've played for about 3 months and i have around 5 bill, but i still feel extremely poor.

Comments

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

In my time playing Eve I never exceeded 10 billion isk.

With my limited playtime I had all the isk I could ever want.

"Rich" totally depends on your style of play.

Edit: Like a noob I ment to say 10 Billion ISK!!!!!!!! not 100 lol. sorry.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

How Many months?

Nice to know you came back

• jakojakojakojako Member Posts: 332
    Originally posted by qazyman

How Many months?
    Nice to know you came back

ha, well it's been an on and off thing which has totalled to around 3-4 months

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

i been playing for 7 months and havent broken 700mil...though of course i own 3 battleships, and a small fleet of battlecruisers all tech II fitted.............

damn me and my shipping

• XennithXennith Member Posts: 1,244

Ive played for about 3 years and have had at most 1.2 billion in isk, right now i have about 800 million isk, an orca, 3 battleships, 2 hacs, 2 recons, a hic, 2 BCs, a couple of interceptors and a few tech 1 cruisers. so probably 3 billion in assets.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228
    Originally posted by jakojako

Hey, I was just wondering what amount of isk makes people consider you to be "rich" in this game. I know it's probably a lot, maybe 500 bill and up is considered rich, but I was wondering what your opinions were.
    Personally i've played for about 3 months and i have around 5 bill, but i still feel extremely poor.

rich= income 2x your expenses

BestSigEver :P

• GoSonicsGoSonics Member Posts: 167

Have had as much as 5bil. Currently at 1bil, not a lot but it's more than enough for what I fly so I suppose that's good :)

• skintradeskintrade Member Posts: 6

it really depends if you hoard your iskies or spend em on toys, if you don't spend you can accumulate a lot if you grind manufacture and sell. I remember when i broke my fist 100 mil..... ah i felt like a very rich man back then... then the day i could buy a tier 3 battleship, have the cash to fit it and still have change in my wallet.... 

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Rich is a state of mind in EVE rather than a state of wealth.

As long as you can afford to fly the ships you want to fly whenever you wish to fly them you are fine.  If you have enough isk to lose several and just keep buying them then you're rich.

I personally don't consider myself "rich" just 'wealthy' and I have about 2 billion cash, about another 3billion in assets and another 3 billion in investments.  Am I rich by some people's standards?  Sure... by other's I'm just getting by.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• gholstongholston Member Posts: 83

5 Billion isk and you have only played 3 months?

I don't believe you whatsoever. The only way you have 5 billion isk is if you bought PLEX cards.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by gholston

I don't believe you whatsoever. The only way you have 5 billion isk is if you bought PLEX cards.

Easy to make, truly believeable.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

depend allot on what u are doing exploration give quite much money and other factor is how may h per day he play

BestSigEver :P

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    Originally posted by cosy

depend allot on what u are doing exploration give quite much money and other factor is how may h per day he play

Yay!! Maybe he plays a lot

Originally posted by alakram
    Originally posted by gholston 5 Billion isk and you have only played 3 months?

Yay!! Maybe he plays a lot image

No, he doesn't nor he is doing exploration.

He just plays smart and I am quite sure about the way he made his ISk :)

grind missions for the first billion, then play the market in the mission hub while grinding more missions?

seems like the easiest way to make cash to me.

• Sain34Sain34 Member UncommonPosts: 293

I consider myself to be fine as long as I can aford to replace what I lose.

Originally posted by Xennith
    grind missions for the first billion, then play the market in the mission hub while grinding more missions?

Nope, it is not. Also it is not particulary smart :)

• KossuthKossuth Member UncommonPosts: 56

Originally posted by jakojako

rich= income 2x your expenses

Not sure the distinction is meaningful as from an industrialist or traders viewpoint isk unused is wasted.

By that standard despite selling hundreds of t2 ship per month, 20-50 caps and several supercaps I'm poor as a church mouse.

If you don't constantly move forwards in terms of capability you're stagnant and not gaining relative to your competitors.

On the 5bn its vaguely possible I suppose with a lot of help from an established group of players but then i'm not sure thats really qualifying as your income. There are several mission runner hubs where people can do it but tbh you're just leeching then. Not sure dark glitter mining qualifies in 3 montsh and then again you'd be leeching. Trade - sorry that couldn't be your assets your trading. 0.0 ratting mmh well again at 1-3 months thats not really you its friends helping you out.

Now scamming maybe.

Bjoern / Sir Prime

Habitual Euthanasia
    Pandemic Legion

Originally posted by Gdemami

Nope, it is not. Also it is not particulary smart :)

I disagree, playing the market is the easiest way to make cash (also to lose cash) and mission hubs make a good place to do it. and while you're there, why not grind some missions for guaranteed iskies?

I disagree, playing the market is the easiest way to make cash (also to lose cash) and mission hubs make a good place to do it. and while you're there, why not grind some missions for guaranteed iskies?

Making 1 bill on fresh character by running missions? Eww..

As poster above hinted, I believe that he got his ISK via scam. Scam beats trading in profit/efficiency and I personaly put it on 1st place in ISK earning.

Second option might be he has got some other account/char before and he transfered the ISK to new toon, it is a bit unclear to me from his earlier posts.

Or combination of both.

Scam is very lucrative way to make ISK and you can make 1 bill per week comfortably, if you have the guts hehe :)

Edit: Typos

• jakojakojakojako Member Posts: 332

Nope, no plex's (or selling other gtc's or buying isk). I'll admit the way i earned the isk wasn't the most honorable though.

scamming or corp theft do look like easy cash, but once - before i joined UK - i tried scamming on an alt. gave up after a few hours, either im no good at it or its harder than it looks.

i think i just dont have the right mentality to fraud the hell out of people.

• Blackwell99Blackwell99 Member Posts: 352

I love EvE but this is the one area that kills it for me.

I remember when seeing someone with a Battleship was an "uber sighting."  Now-a-days there are tons of people with less than 5 million SP cruising all over the universe with ships over 100k.

When i see a HAC or anything else that cost over 100 mil isk---I usually assume that it was bought with RL money.

I can't tell the difference between the real gamers and the imposters. EvE should implement a system where your ships are a different colour or something if you never sold a PLEX.  Without material success, EvE somewhat becomes nothing more than a Wallpaper background for your PC.

whenever i see a hac or recon i always assume that the player in it has at least 20 million sp, bought the ship with isk they earned via trade, have backup and are looking for a fight.

assuming that expensive ships are bought with rl cash and flown by newbs is a good way to underestimate your enemy.

Originally posted by Blackwell99
    I love EvE but this is the one area that kills it for me.

I remember when seeing someone with a Battleship was an "uber sighting."  Now-a-days there are tons of people with less than 5 million SP cruising all over the universe with ships over 100k.
    When i see a HAC or anything else that cost over 100 mil isk---I usually assume that it was bought with RL money.

I can't tell the difference between the real gamers and the imposters. EvE should implement a system where your ships are a different colour or something if you never bought a PLEX.  Without material success, EvE somewhat becomes nothing more than a Wallpaper background for your PC.

Do you even play the game? :)