Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just curious, what determines a poster's rating?

ericbelserericbelser Member Posts: 783

I don't especially care (as I haven't posted for ratings since the ancient days of a WWIV message board where you got points and ranking for posts and forums wars :) but I am curious what drives the rating changes here? I've watched mine go up and down for apparently no reason at all and just recently apparently drop an entire star because I was on vacation for a week?

Comments

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

You gain stars by posting consistently a lot.

You lose stars by not posting or by having posts deleted or moderated.

Bottom line, don't pay too much attention to the star system beyond the understanding on how active a certain poster is at any given time.

• m240gulfm240gulf Member UncommonPosts: 460

I believe it is based on how active of a poster you are.  I sometimes go a week or two without posting and my rating will drop, but when I start posting more often within a short period of time my rating goes back up.

I Reject your Reality and Substitute it with My Own!

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

It's affected by how much you visit, how much you post and the quality of your posts.

?

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

They really do not mean anything other than saying whether you are a frequent poster and visitor to this website.

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

Theres a secret item shop.  A star = 15 $. 

My theory. 

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by Xasapis
    You gain stars by posting consistently a lot.
    You lose stars by not posting or by having posts deleted or moderated.
    Bottom line, don't pay too much attention to the star system beyond the understanding on how active a certain poster is at any given time.

Correct, and it is based on the last 30 days.
    http://www.mmorpg.com/faq.cfm/showFaq/6/How-do-you-calculate-my-rank.html :

* How many days you visited the site (and logged in). This is also counted when you use our "autologin" feature.
    * How much information you have posted in our forums (not the amount of posts)
    * The quality of your posts. If you post lot of "filler" posts that only consist of a few words this will cost you rank points.
    * Any posts of yours that had to be deleted will cost you 5 rank points (there are only 100 total). To prevent your posts from being deleted, please obey our Rules of Conduct.