Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In-Game Footage

2»

Comments

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Ilvaldyr

That's pretty much what MMO combat has always been.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love a Mass Effect pseudo-FPS ARPG style combat mechanic in an MMO and I'm sure it'll happen eventually, (and hopefully revolutionise the genre) but we're not going to see it done well in the next year or two.

One day... it's the perfect combat system for a Sci-Fi MMO...

Manual aiming, no melee bullsh!t except for the good old "rifle butt to the face" (I'm sorry this is the future, no one would be retarded enough to be a Teras Kasi artist and run at someone with a blaster. I could kill a Teras Kasi master with a blaster.)

But RPG skills effecting your damage, overheating, accuracy degredation... even using Mods to change damage types on the fly like they are doing for ME 2... different armor classes with mods... "magic" powers in the form of Biotics, get rid of the tank/healer/dps trinity and gimme MMO combat about cover and positioning and tactics not hit points and CC.

No BS stealth mechanics, no BS healers who can magically repair that gaping hole in your chest...

GOD Mass Effect would be perfect for a MMO... WHY BIOWARE WHY?!?!?

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by calmness

Originally posted by alakram

Originally posted by Teala

Meh...nothing new here.   Same old same old.   Game play looks no different than say WoW.   Click on target, spam hotkeys until target is dead.   Why would it take a lightsaber weilding Jedi so many hits to kill that one creature?  
    ::yawn::

I think the same, looks like WoW with a Kiddy SW theme.

Until they do release further details about the 'raiding', 'grouping', 'crafting' and 'player-run economy', I think many of us agree with you. What they've shown so far - and said - presages a very simple but colourful game for a young, not too bright audience. I'm surprised they aren't bringing it out for a console.

dont give them idea's or we'll end up with this one being a game released on the Wii only...  or maybe it will be

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

I just wanted to say I liked the video and I wanted to thank the OP for posting it!

It's probably the closest feeling to playing the game we'll see for a while :(