Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Downtoearth is quitting Darkfall !! No Wai

FodfodFodfod Member Posts: 53

That guy trolled the forum for years posting how awesome Darkfall was and a couple of months after the release, he quit !!!

Comments

• OtiroOtiro Member Posts: 205

So?

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Otiro

So?

How now, brown cow?

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357
    Originally posted by Zorvan

Originally posted by Otiro

So?

How now, brown cow?

Just fine, mister pine.

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by Fodfod

That guy trolled the forum for years posting how awesome Darkfall was and a couple of months after the release, he quit !!!

pics or it didn't happen.

Originally posted by heartless

pics or it didn't happen.

• SuperCrapSuperCrap Member Posts: 324

I can't wait until this game folds.  Whooo boy do I have some threads to start on this forum when that day comes.  And it's coming "soon"! 

The one and only.

• ClaesClaes Member CommonPosts: 265
    Originally posted by SuperCrap

I can't wait until this game folds.  Whooo boy do I have some threads to start on this forum when that day comes.  And it's coming "soon"! 

"soon".

Right.

Not.

Try giving us a better estimate, unless you're afraid of looking even more clueless.

Originally posted by Claes

"soon".

Right.

Not.

Try giving us a better estimate, unless you're afraid of looking even more clueless.

< 6 months after the NA server opens.

• ClaesClaes Member CommonPosts: 265

"soon".

Right.

Not.

You're on.

This thread has been bookmarked :)

• egotripegotrip Member Posts: 875

"soon".

Right.

Not.

And all this time i thought you were a pessimist................well surprise ,surprise

Iiii-iiiiiit's.... me!!! *Hooray*

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

yup..

most players that follow games for a long time before they come out get disapointed with the game when it does becuase no game is worth a long wait like that.

it fairly common actually

The real batch of DF players havent started yet, this first wave is what I call the vapor fans getting weeded out

The real game starts July 7th

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• COORSCOORS Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD

yup..

most players that follow games for a long time before they come out get disapointed with the game when it does becuase no game is worth a long wait like that.

The real batch of DF players havent started yet, this first wave is what I call the vapor fans getting weeded out

LOL!

Ok.... Against my better judgement, I'll bite.

Exactly where is this second wave of players coming from? I'll guess your answer. North Americans eagerly awaiting the NA launch.

Don't think it will be significant. Certainly not a "wave".

No game in history has ever had a WAVE of new people join after a launch. No game. Just a fact of the MMO world so far. So, I wouldn't count on it.

• LiquidWolfLiquidWolf Member CommonPosts: 516
    Originally posted by COORS

yup..

LOL!

Exactly where is this second wave of players coming from? I'll guess your answer. North Americans eagerly awaiting the NA launch.

No game in history has ever had a WAVE of new people join after a launch. No game. Just a fact of the MMO world so far. So, I wouldn't count on it.

My initial reaction to that statement was to think about EVE. Wave of players may not be what happened, but EVE has seen a large increase in subs since... AoC I think?

Describing it as a wave is where I get caught up... Runoff? Overflow? it's been a steady increase, but not something like a wave.

The problem with waves is that they come in, then go out. Which is exactly what happens during an MMO's release.

Got any analogies that would mean "steady increase"?

LOL!

the game isnt out as far as I am concerned until there is a big fat "buy now" button on the main website. Everyone else who has been playing up until then (including myself) are the "pre-game" followers.

You do understand they they have explictly not put a buy now button on the website for very specific reasons. its not becuase they do not have access to someone with HTML skills..right?

• ScoorgeScoorge Member Posts: 142

Sorry dude the "real game" started on FEB 25th 2009. That was DFs official release date if i may remind you.

It is interesting to watch a human desperately twisting everything into something pseudo-optimistic in a last attempt of hope when the shit hits the fan.

Quite helpful when you sit in a crocodile pit..but really pathetic when it comes to video games.

• pwnzorellOrpwnzorellOr Member Posts: 216

Sean is back! Wonderful, the last days were so boring!

jedi mind - heavenly divine, steadily shine in '99!

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136
    Originally posted by LiquidWolf

yup..

LOL!

My initial reaction to that statement was to think about EVE. Wave of players may not be what happened, but EVE has seen a large increase in subs since... AoC I think?

Describing it as a wave is where I get caught up... Runoff? Overflow? it's been a steady increase, but not something like a wave.

The problem with waves is that they come in, then go out. Which is exactly what happens during an MMO's release.

Got any analogies that would mean "steady increase"?

The more she dances the more I get an erection. Erection.

This message brought to you by the number 2.

Originally posted by Scoorge

Sorry dude the "real game" started on FEB 25th 2009. That was DFs official release date if i may remind you.

It is interesting to watch a human desperately twisting everything into something pseudo-optimistic in a last attempt of hope when the shit hits the fan.

Quite helpful when you sit in a crocodile pit..but really pathetic when it comes to video games.

I really dont care what AV or their website says in this context. I am saying to me the offical release date as far as I am concerned doesnt exist until there is a "buy now" button on the website.

done...not saying it again although I might. I am not nor what I say is legally binding...)

• EuphorykEuphoryk Member Posts: 450
    Originally posted by Scoorge

QFT

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Game is so popular that 1 player quit the game and everyone knows....   i wish peoples would stop giving money away to these thiefs and liar.

someone on the main DF site walked into GameStop and asked about DarkFall. The retail person said "whats that"

Until there is a buy button on the main website and some level of advertising that goes out as far as I am concern everyone that has played this game are pre-game followers and, yes, game DO have a first wave of hyper following and then die down a bit and then rebuild sorry some of you dont accept it.

• EuphorykEuphoryk Member Posts: 450

I really dont care what AV or their website says in this context. I am saying to me the offical release date as far as I am concerned doesnt exist until there is a "buy now" button on the website.
    done...not saying it again although I might. I am not nor what I say is legally binding...)

So in otherwards, your opinion means less than zero.

You have admitted to making up things to suit your own views (as shown with your "to me the release date doesn't exist until..." statement).

We prefer facts here, but thanks for giving us all another heaping helping of your biased personal opinion that is completely unrelated to the topic currently under discussion.

Talk about disillusioned.

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

/Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.