Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weapons and Armor in The Old Republic

What are some of the weapons and armor you want to see in TOR? Everything from KOTOR?

I played one Star Wars game, can't remember which one exactly, and there was a gun with a scope. You could zoom in, and then you could increase the power of the shot by how long you held the trigger. Once you let it go, if you had the power up pretty far, your enemy would just burn to cinders from the inside out and there would be nothing left.

Also, you could not block a shot from this gun with a light saber. Anyone remember what that gun was called?

Also, mines were fun. With laser trips.

I think the Mandalorian armor was pretty good too.

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Was that the disruptor canon from jedi academy you were referring to?

Anyway, as for weapons and armor I just hope they go with a gritty look for character appearance. Rags hanging off guns, natty looking robe/armor combinations etc.. If everyone looks crisp and clean like a clone trooper that just walked off the line I won't be happy.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• mr138mr138 Member Posts: 65
    Originally posted by Malickie

Anyway, as for weapons and armor I just hope they go with a gritty look for character appearance. Rags hanging off guns, natty looking robe/armor combinations etc.. If everyone looks crisp and clean like a clone trooper that just walked off the line I won't be happy.

Yeah I hear ya, I think it's an immersion thing. The more torn someone looks in their robe, the more you know they have been through. I hate how everything looks so polished and clean in war zones in most games. i'm all for gritty real looking armor.

• OnitoraOnitora Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by mr138

Yeah I hear ya, I think it's an immersion thing. The more torn someone looks in their robe, the more you know they have been through. I hate how everything looks so polished and clean in war zones in most games. i'm all for gritty real looking armor.

Um, based on your posts, I have to wonder if you've looked at the screen shots / videos of the game so far...  Everything is VERY crisp and clean in my opinion.  I can't think of ANY MMO that has a 'gritty' look, (off the top of my head WAR comes closest w/ the Greenskins.)

Granted, it's just MY opinion, but I don't think it's reasonable to expect / hope for a 'gritty' character appearance based on the media so far, but hey; who knows?  They COULD overhaul the graphics before release right?...

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Onitora

Um, based on your posts, I have to wonder if you've looked at the screen shots / videos of the game so far...  Everything is VERY crisp and clean in my opinion.  I can't think of ANY MMO that has a 'gritty' look, (off the top of my head WAR comes closest w/ the Greenskins.)

Granted, it's just MY opinion, but I don't think it's reasonable to expect / hope for a 'gritty' character appearance based on the media so far, but hey; who knows?  They COULD overhaul the graphics before release right?...

SWG had some gritty looking outfits. Anyway I was in no way referring to graphics, rather the artistic flare added to equipment. I would hope the more crisp appearances are left to the troopers and jedi. Smugglers and bh should be given a far more rough look.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832
    Originally posted by Ihmotepp

What are some of the weapons and armor you want to see in TOR? Everything from KOTOR?

I played one Star Wars game, can't remember which one exactly, and there was a gun with a scope. You could zoom in, and then you could increase the power of the shot by how long you held the trigger. Once you let it go, if you had the power up pretty far, your enemy would just burn to cinders from the inside out and there would be nothing left.
    Also, you could not block a shot from this gun with a light saber. Anyone remember what that gun was called?

That armor looks alot like the one at the end of "The Mandalorian Blockade is Broken" timeline video. Right at the end it hints at someone else helping and shows a person in armor similar to this.

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• cpaulscpauls Member Posts: 40

That is Mandalorian neo-crusader armor, the character shown is the quartermaster at the dxun base in KOTOR 2...Kex or Bralor I think...

Originally posted by cpauls

That is Mandalorian neo-crusader armor, the character shown is the quartermaster at the dxun base in KOTOR 2...Kex or Bralor I think...

Ah cool, thanks for the info. I never played KOTOR2, now I wish I had. Inoticed an interesting line in the wiki you linked:

"A set of armor was recovered by the Galactic Republic in the Battle of Myrkr to examine by the Ministry of Defense. "

I wonder if we will see this become a new "Commando/Spec op" class for the Republic.

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

The game was called Jedi Knight and also jedi knight Academy i still play that.

• OnitoraOnitora Member Posts: 37

I understand what you mean Malickie, somewhat, but even the 'grittier' outfits in SWG were still pretty 'clean'.  When I see / hear 'gritty' with regard to visual style, I picture Original Trilogy Boba Fett with his dinged, dented, scraped, scorched Mandalorian armor, not the prequel trilogy Jango Fett with his gleaming, crisp, shining, Mandalorian.  The latter is all that we've seen from the concept art, and in-game models for the game so far, so it doesn't seem likely to me that the 'gritty' I envision will be realized.

• Darth_PeteDarth_Pete Member Posts: 559

I didn't like the look of this glued to the body diver suit type armor :/

The helmet/neck part makes it look silly like it's rubber. How is that going to protect you from anything?

Originally posted by Darth_Pete

The helmet/neck part makes it look silly like it's rubber. How is that going to protect you from anything?

Of course we are talking about the same IP where Stormtroopers were one-shot killed in the movies as a standard and Princess Leia gets hit in the arm (ROTJ) and is fine.

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

Mandolorian armor in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADWJdKtlxBs

Disruptor rifle in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3qmJgDKAzE

Originally posted by BaronJuJu

Of course we are talking about the same IP where Stormtroopers were one-shot killed in the movies as a standard and Princess Leia gets hit in the arm (ROTJ) and is fine.

I guess you got me there. But atleast the ST armor looks better than this diver suit :/

Mandolorian armor in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADWJdKtlxBs
    Disruptor rifle in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3qmJgDKAzE

Oh mandalorian using ls? I dont remember that. Seems like it's time to play KotOR through once more :P

Originally posted by BaronJuJu

I guess you got me there. But atleast the ST armor looks better than this diver suit :/

LOL, it wasn't a dig on you. I just think its comical that you see these armor clad infantry running around getting WTFPWN'd by one laser bolt from some guy in a blue t-shirt and a bicycling helmet.

• Jwave001Jwave001 Member Posts: 16

I'm just curious if the Jedi class will be accessible to armor.  From the Deceived video it appeared as though some of the order jedi were wearing some pretty nice armor.  I remember KoTOR didn't really like nor give benefits to jedi with armor by restricting force powers... but this is something that I don't think we'll fully know until more information on the character classes are revealed.

Life is about take chances and venturing out of your box, making mistakes and learning from them, and doing what you love. Find what drives you, as all paths end the same, so why not make the most of it and live a life worth living without regret?

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

I couldn't help by laugh when I saw that picture..  lmaoooo  What type of armor do they call that?  "Canary Bird"?  What damage does that beak do?

Originally posted by Rydeson

I couldn't help by laugh when I saw that picture..  lmaoooo  What type of armor do they call that?  "Canary Bird"?  What damage does that beak do?

Mandalorian armor will Wtf!11 Pwn joo!

Heavy armor

* Battle Armor

* Calo Nord's battle armor

* Cassus Fett's Battle Armor

* Durasteel Heavy Armor

* Mandalorian Assault Armor (Mandalorian armor covered at Neo-Crusader Armor. These two might just be gameplay mechanics.)

* Mandalorian Battle Armor

* Powered Battle Armor

* Verpine Zal Alloy Mesh

• mr138mr138 Member Posts: 65
    Originally posted by Onitora

Take your condescending attitude to someone else. I'm not asking for a graphics overhaul, hey maybe there is armor sets not shown in these prerelease pics and videos (wow holy crap, weird concept I know right, stuff not being revealed in prerelease pics)? Lots of games have more "used" looking armor (any  Betheseda game, I NEVER mentioned MMO's, I just said I prefer gritty looking armor in games). Seriously, how did you even get to the assumption I was asking for a graphics overhaul?

Seriously though, are you just a troll or what, cause you brought nothing to the conversation except attitude.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

dunno if it's been said or not, but I think the words "PURPLE!" and "EPIC!" pretty much explain all the depth that there will be to gear in TOR.

Have fun farming your themepark lootz.

Melee Weapons

Ajunta Pall's Blade

+3 Att, +3 Dam

+2 w/Flurry, +2 Fire damage

Gaffi Stick

None Massassi Brand

+1 Att, +1 Dam Short Sword

None

Bacca's Ceremonial Blade

+2 Att, +2 Dam

Extra +2 Att and Dam w/Flurry Gamorrean Battleaxe

None Mission's Vibroblade

None Silver Lined Sword

None

Bothan Chuka

+2 Att, +2 Dam

Save vs. Fortitude at DC 15 or be stunned

GenoHaradan Poison Blade

+3 to Hit properties

Poison DC 14

Naga Sadow's Poison Blade

+3 Att, +3 Dam

Poisons Sith Ceremonial Vibrosword

None

Bothan Stun Stick

+1 Att, +1 Dam

Save vs.Fortitude at DC 12 or be stunned Krath Blood Knife

+1 Att, +1 Dam Notched Steel Sword

None Sith Tremor Sword

None

Double Bladed Sword

None Krath Dire Sword

+1 Att, +1 Dam Prototype Vibroblade

None Sith War Sword

+1 Att, +1 Dam

Double-Bladed Lightsaber Blue

None Krath Double Sword

+2 Att, +2 Dam

+2 Dam with Power Attack Quarter Staff

None Stun Baton

Save vs. Fortitude at DC 10 or be stunned

Double-Bladed Lightsaber Gold

None Krath War Blade

+1 Att, +1 Dam Raito's Gadafi Stick

+5 Att, +5 Dam

Teta's Knives

+3 Att, +3 Dam

Dexterity poison

Double-Bladed Lightsaber Green

None Lightsaber Blue

None Rakatan Battle Wand

+2 Att, +2 Dam

Save vs. Fortitude at DC 14 or be stunned Vibro Double Blade

None

Double-Bladed Lightsaber Purple

None Lightsaber Gold

None Sanaski's Knife

+2 Att, +2 Dam

Increased Critical range, +5 Dam vs. Droids Vibroblade

None

Double-Bladed Lightsaber Red

None Lightsaber Green

None Short Lightsaber Blue

None Vibrosword

None

Echani Double Brand

+2 Att, +2 Dam

+3 Energy damage Lightsaber Purple

None Short Lightsaber Gold

None wookiee Warblade

None

Echani Foil

+3 Att, +3 Dam

Increases critical strike range Lightsaber Red

None Short Lightsaber Green

None Yusani's Brand

+2 Att, +2 Dam

+5 Damage vs. Droids

Echani Ritual Brand

+1 Att, +1 Dam Long Sword

None Short Lightsaber Purple

None

Echani Vibro Dagger

+2 Att, +2 Dam

+2 Cold Damage

Massassi Battle Staff

+3 Att, +3 Dam

Short Lightsaber Red

None

Ranged Weapons

Arkanian Heavy Pistol

+1 Att, +1 Dam

Canderous Heavy Repeating Blaster

None

Jurgan Kalta's Assault Rifle

+3 Att, +3 Dam, +1 w/Power Blast

+1-8 Dam vs. Droids Sith Assassin's Pistol

+2 Att, +2 Dam

Unconscious save vs. Fortitude at DC 12, +10 Dam vs. Droids

Arkanian Pisol

+2 Att, +2 Dam Carth's Blaster

None Jurgan Kalta's Combine

+3 Att, +3 Dam

+2 Physical Damage Sith Assault Gun

+1 Att, +1 Dam

+1 Physical Damage

Arkanian Sonic Rifle

+2 Att, +2 Dam

Stun save vs. Fortitude at DC 14

Cassus Fett's Heavy Pistol

+2 Att, +2 Dam

+1 Dam w/Power Blast, +4 Dam vs. Droids, Unconscious save vs. Fortitude DC 9 Light Repeating Blaster

Extra attack/round Sith Sniper Rifle

+1 Att, +1 Dam

Bendak Starkiller's Modified Blaster

+2 Att, +2 Dam

+1 Att w/Sniper Shot and Rapid Shot Chuundar's Bowcaster

+2 Att, +2 Dam

+4 Physical Damage Mandalorian Assault Rifle

+2 Att, +2 Dam

Stun save vs. Fortitude at DC10 Sonic Pistol

Stun save vs. Fortitude at DC10

Blaster Cannon

+2 Att, +2 Dam

Extra attack/round Cinnagaran Combine

+2 Att, +2 Dam

+1 Physical Damage Mandalorian Blaster

+1 Att, +1 Dam Sonic Rifle

Stun save vs. Fortitude at DC10

Blaster Carbine

None Disrupter Pistol

None Mandalorian Heavy Pistol

+3 Att, +3 Dam

+3 Dam w/Power Blast Verpine Droid Disruptor

+2 Att, +2 Dam

1-10 Dam vs. Droids

Blaster Pistol

None Disrupter Rifle

None Mandalorian Heavy Repeating Blaster

+1-4 vs. Droids

Extra attack/round, 2 extra attacks w/Rapid Shot Verpine Prototype Ion Gun

+2 Att, +2 Dam

Blaster Rifle

None GenoHaradan Blaster

+5 Att, +5 Dam Mandalorian Ripper

+2 Att, +2 Dam Zaalbar's Bowcaster

None

Bothan Discord Gun

+1 Att, +1 Dam

Stun save vs. Fortitude at DC 12 Heavy Blaster

None Medium Repeating Blaster

+1 Att, +1 Dam

Extra attack/round Zabrak Battle Cannon

+3 Att, +3 Dam

+2 Dam w/Power Blast

Bothan Droid Stunner

+1 Att, +1 Dam

1-12 Dam vs. Droids Heavy Repeating Blaster

Extra attack/round, 2 extra attacks w/Rapid Shot Null Blaster Cannon

None Zabrak Blaster Pistol

+3 Att, +3 Dam

Stun vs. Fortitude at DC 12

Bothan Needler

+2 Att, +2 Dam

Unconscious save vs. Fortitude at DC 15 Hold Out Blaster

Unconsciousness save vs. Fortitude at DC 9 Null Model Blaster Rifle

None Zabrak Disrupter Cannon

+2 Att, +2 Dam

Bothan Quick Draw

+1 Att, +1 Dam

Unconsciousness save vs. Fortitude at DC 11 Ion Blaster

1-8 Dam vs. Droids Null Model Heavy Blaster

None Zabrak Tystel Mark III

+2 Att, +2 Dam

+2 Physical Damage

Bothan Shrieker

+1 Att, +1 Dam

Stun save vs. Fortitude at DC10 Ion Rifle

1-10 Dam vs. Droids Null Model Ion Rifle

None

Bowcaster

+2 Dam Jamoh Hogra's Carbine

+1 Att, +1 Dam

+2 Physical Damage Null Model Pistol

None

Grenades

Adhesive Grenade

15 second entangle Fragmentation Grenade

20 pts Physical Damage Poison Grenade

Poison save at DC 12 Thermal Detonator

60 pts Energy Damage, knockdown

Concussion Grenade

9 second stun, save vs. Fortitude at DC 9 Ion Grenade

15 pts. Ion damage, 45 vs. Droids Sonic Grenade

20 pts Sonic damage

-6 Dex for 30 seconds

Cryoban Grenade

20 pts Cold Damage

6 second paralyze Plasma Grenade

36 pts. Fire Damage Stun Grenade

Stun save vs. Fortutiude at DC 12

Lightsaber Upgrades

Blue Crystal

Turns saber blue Gold Crystal

Turns saber yellow Opila Crystal

Enhanced Critical (+2-12 Dam) Sigil Crystal

+1-6 Dam

Bondar Crystal

Stun vs. Fortitude save at DC 15 Green Crystal

Turns saber green Phond Crystal

+1-10 Dam vs. Droids Solari Crystal

+5 Enhancement

Damind Crystal

+2 Enhancement Jenruax Crystal

Laser Deflection +5 Red Crystal

Turns saber red Upari Crystal

+5 Enhancement

Eralam Crystal

+3 Enhancement Luxum Crystal

+3 Enhancement vs. Droids Rubat Crystal

+1 Enhancement Violet Crystal

Turns saber purple

Firkrann Crystal

+4 Enhancement vs. Droids Nextor Crystal

Enhance Critical Strike Sapith Crystal

+4 Enhancement

Armor

Arkanian Bond Armor

+8 Def (Max Dex +3), 20 Def vs. Cold Darth Bandon's Fiber Armor

+5 Def (Max Dex +5), 25 Def vs. Fire

Jedi Knight Robe

+2 AC Powered Battle Armor

+9 Def (Max Dex +1), +1 Str

Battle Armor

+8 Def (Max Dex +1) Darth Revan's Robes

+4 Strength, +5 Def, Regeneration

Dark Side only Jedi Master Robe

+3 AC Powered Light Battle Armor

+8 Def (Max Dex +2), 25 Def vs. Sonic, +1 Strength

Bonadon Allow Heavy Suit

+6 Def (Max Dex +4) Davik's War Suit

+8 Def (Max Dex +3), 10 Def vs. Cold and Fire Jedi Robe

+1 AC Qel-Droma Robes

+2 Wisdom, +5 Defense

Light Side only

Bronzium Cast Light Armor

+8 Def (Max Dex +2) Durasteel Heavy Battle Armor

+10 Def (Max Dex +0) Jurgan Kalta's Power Suit

+10 Def (Max Dex +0) Reinforced Fiber Armor

+7 Def (Max Dex +4)

Calo Nord's Battle Armor

+9 Def (Max Dex +1), 10 Def vs. Fire and Sonic Echani Battle Armor

+7 Def (Max Dex +3), 15 Def vs. Sonic Krath Heavy Armor

+9 Def (Max Dex +2) Republic Mod Armor

+5 Def (Max Dex +4)

Cassus Fett's Battle Armor

+10 Def (Max Dex +0), 10 Def vs. Cold, Fire, and Sonic Echani Fiber Armor

+5 Def (Max Dex +5) Krath Holy Battle Suit

+9 Def (Max Dex +2), 15 Def vs. Cold, Fire, and Sonic Star Forge Robes

+5 Wisdom, +5 Def, +2 Saving Throws

Light Side only

Cinnagar Plate Armor

+10 Def (Max Dex +1), 25 Def vs. Sonic Echani Light Armor

+5 Def (Max Dex +5), 15 Def vs. Fire Light Battle Armor

+2 Def (Max Dex +2) Ulic Qel-Droma's Mesh Suit

+8 Def (Max Dex +4), 20 Def vs. Cold and Fire

Cinnagar War Suit

+7 Def (Max Dex +3), 15 Def vs. Sonic Eriadu Prototype Armor

+6 Def (Max Dex +4) Mandalorian Armor

+10 Def (Max Dex +1), 25 Def vs. Sonic Verpine Fiber Mesh

+8 Def (Max Dex +3)

Cinnagar Weave Armor

+6 Def (Max Def +5), 20 Def vs. Cold Exar Kun's Light Battle Suit

+9 Def (Max Dex +3) Mandalorian Assault Armor

+13 Def (Max Dex +0)

25 Def vs. Cold and Fire Verpine Zal Alloy Mesh

+12 Def (Max Dex +1), 25 Def vs. Cold, Fire, and Sonic

Combat Suit

+4 Def (Max Dex +5) GenoHaradan Mesh Armor

+7 Def (Max Dex +5), +4 Stealth, +3 Dex Mandalorian Battle Armor

+11 Def (Max Dex +0), 25 Def vs. Electrical

Zabrak Battle Armor

+6 Def (Max Dex +4), 20 Def vs. Cold

Dark Jedi Knight Robe

+2 AC Heavy Battle Armor

+9 Def (Max Dex +0) Mandalorian Heavy Armor

+12 Def (Max Dex +0), Immune to mind affects Zabrak Combat Suit

+5 Def (Max Dex +5)

Dark Jedi Master Robe

+3 AC Heavy Combat Suit

+5 Def (Max Dex +4) Massassi Ceremonial Armor

+5 Def (Max Dex +5), Immune to crititcal hits Zabrak Field Armor

+7 Def (Max Dex +4), 30 Def vs. Cold

Dark Jedi Robe

+1 AC Jamoh Hogra's Battle Armor

+11 Def (Max Dex +2), Str +1, Immune to critical hits Military Suit

+6 Def (Max Dex +3)

http://guides.ign.com/guides/16512/page_3.html

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

dunno if it's been said or not, but I think the words "PURPLE!" and "EPIC!" pretty much explain all the depth that there will be to gear in TOR.

I challenge you to a duel with Echani Vibro Daggers, and the loser has to kiss a Wookie.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

I challenge you to a duel with Echani Vibro Daggers, and the loser has to kiss a Wookie.

I did this morning when she went to work.....

...and if she EVER reads this, I'm SO dead...

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

I totally agree with you on this topic.  If I wanted to play cartoons I'd play WoW.  As far as the armor and weapons, I'd like to see the same stuff that was in KOTOR.  They had a good selection with lightsabers and what not.  I don't think they should get to crazy with the colors though because I will be pissed if we start seeing hot pink lightsabers and what not.  Cyan, purple, orange, light green are all acceptable untraditional  colors for me.