Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoC is 3rd Best selling MMO at Gamespot.

VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

Sales of Aoc are on the up, being the 3rd best selling MMO at Gamespot

http://www.gamestop.com/Browse/Search.aspx?N=140+205

And 4th in all PC game sales

http://www.gamestop.com/Browse/Search.aspx?N=140+106

I assume the sales are up since the patch1.05 came out.

These are sales and not subs, but every sub starts with a sale, so it is moving in the right direction.

Now is the time to come back and check it out, even if you did get burnt on release, do not deny yourself the pleasure of , what is now a good game, because of some shallow hang up, which affects almost all mmos on release (ie unfinished and lack of content).

Dont like the combo system? try playing a caster they are pretty powerful in AoC.

And to make sure you are not burnt again you can trial it first.

And you must be somewhat interested in AoC to come here and have a look at this thread..........

There, i have left you no more excuses lol!

Comments

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Anyone using Gamestop as an indicator of how a game sells deserves what they get. lol

For one thing, more people shop Gamestop for console games than PC games. Many of the Gamestop stores don't even carry PC games anymore.

Do you have access to the numbers sold of both AoC and the games above it?

For example, if the first game sold 20 copies that week, the second game sold 10 copies that week, AoC sold 5 copies that week, and the rest sold one copy that week, would 5 AoC copies sold in a week thus be a valid reason to assume the game is flying off the shelves? No, not to a reasonable person it wouldn't.

Trying to get people to buy AoC by using the "third best selling at Gamestop" is no different than the "spin" EE does.

Numbers and facts before flawed recommendations, please.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462
    Originally posted by VultureSkull

Sales of Aoc are on the up, being the 3rd best selling MMO at Gamespot
    http://www.gamestop.com/Browse/Search.aspx?N=140+205
    And 4th in all PC game sales
    http://www.gamestop.com/Browse/Search.aspx?N=140+106

I assume the sales are up since the patch1.05 came out.
    These are sales and not subs, but every sub starts with a sale, so it is moving in the right direction.

Now is the time to come back and check it out, even if you did get burnt on release, do not deny yourself the pleasure of , what is now a good game, because of some shallow hang up, which affects almost all mmos on release (ie unfinished and lack of content).
    Dont like the combo system? try playing a caster they are pretty powerful in AoC.
    And to make sure you are not burnt again you can trial it first.
    And you must be somewhat interested in AoC to come here and have a look at this thread..........
    There, i have left you no more excuses lol!

Not really. I just checked it out because I thought it was ridiculous how someone wanted to promote the game by posting Gamespot sales figures for a PC game, as Zorvan nicely explained above.

• noggy1980noggy1980 Member Posts: 343

1747th in video games on Amazon, Not in the top 100 of PC games some ludicrous games ahead of it.

by the way your link showing it 4th links to pc role playing games and not pc games overall, making sales is good but using one companys stats is not far off meaningless especially as you don't know how they are calculated.

It's very unlikly patch 1.5 would have directly increased sales, it might have increased subscriptions by people chosing to come back but a patch like this isn't going to make many new people try the game.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

LOL it sold about a million copies at  release and is less than 100K now, sales was never AoCs problem, retention was.

I miss DAoC

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by Comnitus

Not really. I just checked it out because I thought it was ridiculous how someone wanted to promote the game by posting Gamespot sales figures for a PC game, as Zorvan nicely explained above.

<Mod edit> 

It's an "lol" because your opening post is worthless drivel with no reliable data given to support it which seems to be intended to give a false impression of the games current stature.

The only one with sour grapes is you, because your thread didn't get past the first post without being completely and utterly shot to hell. Better luck next time.

Edit: Oh, by the way:

"Now is the time to come back and check it out, even if you did get burnt on release, do not deny yourself the pleasure of , what is now a good game, because of some shallow hang up, which affects almost all mmos on release (ie unfinished and lack of content)."

That is promotion. You just got shot down again. You make this waayyy too easy.

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

Well pls take my post as is, sry if you think is not worth anyhting.

I do hope it helps some people have an enjoyable experience in AoC.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by Zorvan

<Mod edit> 

It's an "lol" because your opening post is worthless drivel with no reliable data given to support it which seems to be intended to give a false impression of the games current stature.

The only one with sour grapes is you, because your thread didn't get past the first post without being completely and utterly shot to hell. Better luck next time.

Edit: Oh, by the way:

"Now is the time to come back and check it out, even if you did get burnt on release, do not deny yourself the pleasure of , what is now a good game, because of some shallow hang up, which affects almost all mmos on release (ie unfinished and lack of content)."

That is promotion. You just got shot down again. You make this waayyy too easy.

yep it sold a lot of game thats true but most that spent

their money on this game did it once and that was at lunch when it first appeared in gamestop ,they might have to do like eve online lol relanch every year or so lol

but sriously did you check what top in the new gamer at xfire ,prototype ,and rune of magic thats about it all the other are fps  or old game like wow always on top gw always very close to the top,and silkroad online witch im sorry to say is not availlable in usa

why ?lol server are always crowded they would need  to have server for us only ip blocked like ys is doing! its about the only way america or even europe could get to play silkroad online

sro was full 4 years ago was full 3 years ago ,again 2 years ago ,still was full last year and is full this year even tho they add server  as often as they can build them

they would need to add server every months for 6 month just to keep up with the demand some say its bot

lol keep dreaming about bot!

why?i ll tell you why there is 2.6 billion people market that is close to the area this game relate to so the player that played 4 years ago dont play anymore big deal the one that play today might just have bough their computer this year

and the computer they buy is often old by  standard but this game is one of the few that can almost play on anything

witch make this game very popular,and will be for years to come the market there is so big its gona take a very long time to run out of new player ,and if they add money prize like the trend is right now in games lol even usa will hop on that game even if its an old game its very fun

if i recall they got 38 server that i can see in canada and whatever the time of day it is i can never log on

they would need right now instantly double the amount of server just to keep up with the player waiting to hop in silkroad online

and with the european patch they made that game even more popular because now even european feel related to the game asian vs europe lol ingame you bet,this game is way more popular then wow by a lot they added server what in marsh or april i think last was apollo lot it was full 1 week later ,sro maker just cant keep up with their popularity

it is the only game i know of that the problem they face isnt running out of costumer its running out of server lol everyday days in days out whatever they do however how many server they add its always full if your lucky and its not full leave your computer open and let the game on because if you log out it will be weeks before you can log back on

happens everyday !most dont post in xfire but dont be fooled if  silkroad online top lvled player began to post on xfire 

all the insanity thats going on in that game from very evolved castle wars to the tief,merchant,hunter saga

xfire would run out of bandwith ,and dont forget most that play silkroad just cant put it on xfire

lol often we play wow a very stable game and you see choppy live game on xfire ,imagine with those old computer they use to play in most emerging market in asia lol no they just cant post their leetness on xfire

when you see a stream on xfire about silkroad, its because the poster have a descent rig from europe or usa very rarelly you ll see poster from elsewhere

lol if aoc just had the player waiting to play silkroad online as their customer they would have at leasst 20 million player

one problem aoc will never have those player because those player cant run aoc on their computer the game is too big

and thats the major advantage silkroad online have like wow has, like gw has,it can run on almost anything without a lot of fuss or problem and thats what make those game a big succes in country that can only afford netbook computer power or often a lot less

• milkyymilkyy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 61

age of conan is a good game. just not a great game 

Well nothing in  the TITLE said I was promoting the game...........so what you have said does not ring true.

• UnfinishedUnfinished Member Posts: 881

Well nothing in  the TITLE said I was promoting the game...........so what you have said does not ring true.

You are the author of the thread titled 'AOC For The Win!' are you not?  you are trying to promote the game admit it, denying it is just more Trolling.

You also have a lot of  "WarHammer sucks, AoC rules" type posts in multiple threads on boards all over this site.

Originally posted by Zorvan

Anyone using Gamestop as an indicator of how a game sells deserves what they get. lol
    For one thing, more people shop Gamestop for console games than PC games. Many of the Gamestop stores don't even carry PC games anymore.
    Do you have access to the numbers sold of both AoC and the games above it?
    For example, if the first game sold 20 copies that week, the second game sold 10 copies that week, AoC sold 5 copies that week, and the rest sold one copy that week, would 5 AoC copies sold in a week thus be a valid reason to assume the game is flying off the shelves? No, not to a reasonable person it wouldn't.
    Trying to get people to buy AoC by using the "third best selling at Gamestop" is no different than the "spin" EE does.
    Numbers and facts before flawed recommendations, please.

I am not trying to get people to buy the game, as i clearly stated you can try the trial. Nothing about going out to buy it NOW etc.

And i clearly stated that sales being up do not equate to subs(even if i do quote 1000s of copies sold), which is the main measure of an MMO.

And my recommendation is not based on sales being up it is based on experience of the 1.05 patch as alluded to in my OP.(maybe i failed to mention that explicitly in my post).

Hope this clarifies my post.

Originally posted by Unfinished

You are the author of the thread titled 'AOC For The Win!' are you not?  you are trying to promote the game admit it, denying it is just more Trolling.

Yes indeed i am the author of that post, but that post is not this one......

And yes i am promoting the game, but that is not reflected in the title of this post.

The guy said he saw i was promoting Aoc (only way he could do that was from the title of the post) and that is why he came to read it, how can he possibly deduce that from the title alone?

And yes i am promoting the game, but that is not reflected in the title of this post.

The guy said he saw i was promoting Aoc (only way he could do that was from the title of the post) and that is why he came to read it, how can he possibly deduce that from the title alone?

Dunno why you think it does you or the game any good ... but by all means keep Trolling in such a transparent manor.

mm any player have more chance of seeing player in rune of magic then war,lotr and aoc combined ,can i cry now its so sad

i wanted to love lotr,aoc,and war dam it i buy the 3 of them and what a surprise i ended up in rom and gees at almost every corner i turn i see and speak to ex wow player like me (played wow for 3 years)

i dont know what blizzard did but whatever they did must have been bad to have 4 server going from normal to high in 1 and a half,hell rom was suppose to become popular in september major upgrade and update . by september we ll end up like silkroad online(full server all the time) .hey player go back to wow gees i want to keep my spot in rom (at least till silkroad find a way to get us in the game since its always full lol)witch will probably never happen since asian computer age is at the begining

Dunno why you think it does you or the game any good ... but by all means keep Trolling in such a transparent manor.

Sorry i do not understand what you mean by Trolling?

I am promoting AoC on an AoC forum, what is the crime in that?

Hows that working out? From where I am sitting it doesn't look like it is going very well.

Here, some assistance for your ignorance en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

And I'll save you trouble any type of  "But I am not doing that" type reply is more trolling.

Also as you have admitted you are trying to promote AoC you may want to re-read the MMORPG.com Rules of Conduct:

Listed under Medium Infractions:

Advertisements

* MMORPG.com does not allow users to advertise products or companies in our forums. If you want to advertise, contact [email protected].

• njainjai Member Posts: 77

Also as you have admitted you are trying to promote AoC you may want to re-read the MMORPG.com Rules of Conduct:
    Advertisements
    * MMORPG.com does not allow users to advertise products or companies in our forums. If you want to advertise, contact [email protected].

Such a dumb post. Fanboi meet troll. Troll, fanboy.

And they lived happily ever after.

THE END.

Darkfall for now.

Quit bashing games YOU don't like! Including WoW, you know you liked it before you got burned out.

http://live.xbox.com/member/Njai

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

doesnt matter what people say

AOC deserves a second chance after 1.05 patch I am loving it at the moment

Advertisements

lol dont be like that, hes not even close to doing promotion to that game lol,dont find excuse to have him end up being banned just because he like A letter and you like Z letter gees thats not nice

theres at least 100 post a day from 100 diff poster that post the same way

Hows that working out? From where I am sitting it doesn't look like it is going very well.

Here, some assistance for your ignorance en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

And I'll save you trouble any type of  "But I am not doing that" type reply is more trolling.

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]"

I am not really bothered how it is working out tbh. As i gain nothing , which makes it not advertising.

By promoting Aoc, which is distinctly different to advertising fyi, am I inflamming you?

is it irrelevant? or contorversial, or off-topic?

As i said this is AoC forum and i am telling people that come here that AoC has changed, for the better.

Cool down & live and let live!

Jez man i didnt want to upset anyone!

PS:I didnt expect to find anyone here that hates AoC so much either.

By promoting Aoc, which is distinctly different to advertising fyi,

The dictionary does not agree.

Advertising:

to announce or praise (a product, service, etc.) in some public medium of communication in order to induce people to buy or use it.

Promote:

to encourage the sales, acceptance, etc., of (a product), esp. through advertising or other publicity.

So maybe re-think it.

By promoting Aoc, which is distinctly different to advertising fyi,

The dictionary does not agree.

Advertising:

to announce or praise (a product, service, etc.) in some public medium of communication in order to induce people to buy or use it.

Promote:

to encourage the sales, acceptance, etc., of (a product), esp. through advertising or other publicity.

So maybe re-think it.

Well simply report me if you feel so strongly about it, jeez.

FYI

"Promotion involves disseminating information about a product, product line, brand, or company."

whereas

"Advertising is a form of communication that typically attempts to persuade potential customers to purchase or to consume more of a particular brand of product or service"

They cant mean the same thing, else there would only be one word!

And i never said anyone should buy it, but to try the trial, most people have it anyway.....maybe even you ;-)

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

WOW, did this thread derail.

AOC is a much better game  and a massive amount of work was done to get it there. Bottom line is, the changes are working and it appears that people are returning to the game. That is purely from my in game observations on Set server. I rolled a new character and to my suprise found Tortage pretty darn active with new players.

"Promotion involves disseminating information about a product, product line, brand, or company."

Nice try with Ninja edits:

I take it you pulled the quote from  www.economicexpert.com/a/Promotion.htm ?

where if you read the opening paragraph it plainly states:

Promotion is one of the four aspects of marketing ..

It is comprised of four subcategories:

* advertising

* personal selling

* sales promotion

* publicity and public relations

This discussion has been closed.