Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DX10 not available for LOTRO option greyed out

peteski123peteski123 Member UncommonPosts: 447

whent to trial mode in this game, do they still have dx10 support as the option is Grey and I can not tick it in options,

yes I do have vista and an 8800 gtx..  any ideas please?

Comments

• peteski123peteski123 Member UncommonPosts: 447

any ideas please

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Did you DL the High Resolution client?

Originally posted by Khrymson

Did you DL the High Resolution client?

Hiya, It was out of the box game with seperate expansion box..  do I have to dl High rez client even tho I have original game for dx10 to work?

cheers

Just checked my folder and I have the file client_highres.dat  3.5 gig so I would say yea I have it

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Install  from the discs then patch the updates..including the DX10. Game was not implemented initially with dx10...you can patch from the LOTRO site.  At least you don't have to download the whole thing....saves you a little time.

Originally posted by BarCrow

Install  from the discs then patch the updates..including the DX10. Game was not implemented initially with dx10...you can patch from the LOTRO site.  At least you don't have to download the whole thing....saves you a little time.

where in EU site are the patches?, game patches itself before you can start it automaticly.

cheers

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

Last time I played I could of swore trials couldn't use the higher end graphics available, including DX10. Have to have an actual account, I think.

Originally posted by Synthetick

Last time I played I could of swore trials couldn't use the higher end graphics available, including DX10. Have to have an actual account, I think.

that might be it you know, I do have an old account but i wanted to check out the graphics again before I possibly re acitvated my old account so maybe the trial does not let dx10

• BakgrindBakgrind Member UncommonPosts: 423

You can down load trial  from the following link na6.salesforce.com/_ui/selfservice/pkb/PublicKnowledgeSolution/d. It has the standard and high rez option. It also includes all Shadows of Angmar and Mines of Moria content. Also I do believe that the high rez client would be the one with DX 10.

• LethalBurstLethalBurst Member UncommonPosts: 367

The high res client has nothing to do with DX10. The high res client just contains the high resolution (Very High setting) textures that can be used with DX9 or DX10. All versions of the client include DX10. If you can't enable DX10, and you are using Vista or Win7 (no DX10 on XP), then there is an issue with your system. Try reinstalling DX10.

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977
    Originally posted by LethalBurst

The high res client has nothing to do with DX10. The high res client just contains the high resolution (Very High setting) textures that can be used with DX9 or DX10. If you can't enable DX10, and you are using Vista or Win7 (no DX10 on XP), then there is an issue with your system. Try reinstalling DX10.

Still can't run it as a trial account. 

Originally posted by Synthetick

Still can't run it as a trial account. 

I wasn't aware of this. So... if you're running a trial account, there's the answer.

• wingzaxwingzax Member Posts: 2

you need to run the game in xp service pack 2 mode if using vista just right click the lotro icon and select xp mode close then run the game select the dx10 option that's it..

Originally posted by wingzax

you need to run the game in xp service pack 2 mode if using vista just right click the lotro icon and select xp mode close then run the game select the dx10 option that's it..

No, no, no. DX10 is completely disabled in XP compatibility mode.

• wingzaxwingzax Member Posts: 2

they must have changed someting cause i run vista and in the past i had to select xp mode to get the DX10 option to work in my currently setup the xp mode isn't selected ..so if selected de-select..and try if it still dosent work then u may have a driver issue.so D/L new drivers for your card then try.

• cult7cult7 Member Posts: 59

dx10 and hi rez works fine in my vista 32 system without problems.I didnt install from cd ,only downloaded the client for trial and then upgraded to normal acc

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by wingzax

LOL! I have run the game in both Vista and Windows 7 and without any issues. All in full DX10.

Either he has no DX10 capable GFX card or Trial Accounts are prohibited to run the game in DX10 (wich I find hard to believe to be honest).

Cheers

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

if you are running in XP compatability mode DX10 will be greyed out because DX10 is not supported in Win XP. It has nothing to do with the trial

I miss DAoC