Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why won't Blizz ban botters?

rikiliirikilii Member UncommonPosts: 1,084

I've reported the same botter 5 times now over the past 3 weeks, he's still there botting away in the same exact spot.

Did I miss something?  After suing WowGlider into oblivion, did Blizz suddenly go soft on 3rd party programs and gold farmers?

Comments

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045

maybe hes not botter.. ?  just someone who doesnt speak english, and is young enough to do same over same.. ?

did you actually speak with 5 gms, cuz there isnt exactly : report bo " button..

• rikiliirikilii Member UncommonPosts: 1,084
    Originally posted by Smikis

maybe hes not botter.. ?  just someone who doesnt speak english, and is young enough to do same over same.. ?

did you actually speak with 5 gms, cuz there isnt exactly : report bo " button..

He's definitely a botter.   He runs in a precise pattern in the same exact area, practically 24/7.  Sometimes if I kill him, he never rezzes.  I have come across him when someone was at the keyboard.

He is level 80, and has NO achievements, and almost entirely crafted gear.

I submitted 5 report tickets.

• Tedly224Tedly224 Member Posts: 164

Blizzard does ban botters, but there's two things going on involving the process that may be holding up immediate results. The first is that the server GM's have to make reports of such activity to the Head GM's and it involves some fact finding. If you help them out with that with a detailed report, it makes it easier for them.

Example: (report text) On Monday June 22, 2009 the level 80 Hunter named (shift click the name here if it's a tricky name) was observed to be hunting in a completely mechanical manner in the (location name) zone at 1:00 AM game server time on Ravenholdt US Server. The character continually attacked monsters in a sweeping pattern, and I was able to test that the character would continue to kill monsters I had "tagged" first without fail, without a word to me. Thank you for looking into this situation.

From that example the GM gets everything they need. It gets handed off, the zone record researched, and added to a list of confirmed marked accounts and sometime in a week or up to a month the person is banned along with others on the current list que.

Now, the second thing that could hold things up is that the GM might not be doing their job. It happens, but very rarely. If you have the bot account character on your friends list and you continue seeing the same character in the same zone in play hours say, two full weeks after your first report, send an Email to blizzard customer support with the exact same info that you gave in your in game report. Trust me, it'll get taken care of and a GM will have to answer for why things were delayed.

• el_muerteel_muerte Member Posts: 191

Blizz is kinda random with the bot banstick.  Speaking from experience here.  I had an account that I ran Glider on (big mistake, it's a shitty program and took longer to setup paths than grinding by hand would've taken) for about a month straight, never got a warning or anything from Blizz.  Ran it on a seperate computer, from a different public IP, with different account owner info, from my main account.  Main account, that I never ran a bot on, gets banned for "suspected bot use."  No amount of appeals or arguments would get them to reconsider.  Figure that out.

• Equilibrium_JWEquilibrium_JW Member Posts: 201

Funny thing is I was just recently banned from the forums permanently for discussing that Exodus was banned. So they will ban people who discuss others being banned, but they won't ban botters.

• iZakaroNiZakaroN Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Originally posted by Smikis

Blizzard ban ppls very rare. One of my 3v3 mate have leveled 3 to 80 lvl using bots. When I ask him dont he care that Blizzard will ban him he say that know many ppls using bots and no one is baned...

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
    ______\m/_____
    LordOfDarkDesire