Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Difference in races?

jackel88jackel88 Member UncommonPosts: 13

Hey all,

Was just wondering if there is any difference between the two races? Such as stats or any difference in skills in the later levels.

Can you let me know differences and give me a bit of info on them if possible? Me and two friends are torn on which race to be, and want another deciding factor other then black wings/white wings.

Much appriciated, thanks!

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

There are differences for sure... They basically come down to Elyos being better in healing, and Asmodian better in carnage. It's all in the background of the two races' evolution through the years.

On our L2 clanforum (we mass-hop to Aion), examples were given from Korean/Chinese experiences:

exampe : templar skill

elyos gives damage and block every atack for 15 secs

asmodian gives damage and block 20 atacks (max damage of 10K) for 20 secs

elyos wins since it makes you invincible for 15 secs

example : chanter skill

elyos gives barrier to party memebers absorbing 5K damage and heal every 3 secs hp for 442 (barrier absorbs 50% of damage)

asmodian gives barrier to party members absorbing 6K damage (barrier absorbs 60% of damage)

elyos wins it gives you less barrier but gives you heal which in full scale makes you last longer

No examples on damage, but I expect Asmodian to be superior there ;)

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by Reizla

There are differences for sure... They basically come down to Elyos being better in healing, and Asmodian better in carnage. It's all in the background of the two races' evolution through the years.
    On our L2 clanforum (we mass-hop to Aion), examples were given from Korean/Chinese experiences:

elyos gives barrier to party memebers absorbing 5K damage and heal every 3 secs hp for 442 (barrier absorbs 50% of damage)

asmodian gives barrier to party members absorbing 6K damage (barrier absorbs 60% of damage)

elyos wins it gives you less barrier but gives you heal which in full scale makes you last longer

I have to disagree with your conjecture on those two skills Reizla: The templar skill is limited to 20 hits for the asmo, but lasts 5 secs longer, so it could be better for a more skilled player who can avoid damage in melee, and due to cast times is better vs. casters. The Chanter skill can end up better for the asmo in heavy damage situations since it will absorb more, while the elyos absorbs less, but applies a slow hot.

There are slight differences in these powers, but each one is just slightly more situational than the other. I do not see one being better than the other.

Don't forget to add that asmodians get black/dark wings, elyos white/light.  Asmos get clawed feet, compared to typical feet on Elyos.

Cheers! =D

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Also don't forget that Asmodians are slightly less flamboyant than Elyos.

• Sentinel0Sentinel0 Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by vmoped

Originally posted by Reizla

I have to disagree with your conjecture on those two skills Reizla: The templar skill is limited to 20 hits for the asmo, but lasts 5 secs longer, so it could be better for a more skilled player who can avoid damage in melee, and due to cast times is better vs. casters. The Chanter skill can end up better for the asmo in heavy damage situations since it will absorb more, while the elyos absorbs less, but applies a slow hot.

There are slight differences in these powers, but each one is just slightly more situational than the other. I do not see one being better than the other.

Don't forget to add that asmodians get black/dark wings, elyos white/light.  Asmos get clawed feet, compared to typical feet on Elyos.

Cheers! =D

It's slightly more than that.  The Asmo version is better for 1 verses 1 fights because it's unlikely 1 opponent can get in 20hits in 20seconds.  Meaning, the Asmo version in effect provides 20seconds of invulnerability versus the Enyo's 15.  However, the Enyo's version is better when facing multiple opponents because it is more likely that multiple people can hit one PC 20 times in 20 seconds.