Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can a mature player find a place on Tyranny (or other PvP)?

brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975

So, after realizing there isn't a way to transfer characters at the moment, I'm trying to decide whether I should continue trying to play on Tyranny or just quit wasting my time.  I managed to get a couple characters up above 20 on the server before I stopped playing almost a year ago.  After all the changes and the recent patch I decided to come back.  I thought that the "murder" system and other changes would decrease the amount of ganking and greifing.  It wasn't exactly the case though.

I logged onto my Demonologist in Tesso, and tried doing a few solo collection quests to get my bearings again.  But there was a ranger 18 levels above me camping players near the city exit.  So, I was quickly killed.  Tried waiting a bit, even being a little sneaky about making my way out.  No good, still out there camping the area.  So, I logged off to try another day.  Came back in, different players, same ganking.  So, I tried to get some help and join up with a group.  No luck.  No responses.  Everyone was too busy talking about Canadians and other random crap.

So, am I wasting my time in trying to play on a PvP server at all still?  I don't mind the challenge of keeping an eye out for trouble, and being encouraged to group.  But when you're being quick-killed by players 20 levels above you and no one wants to group, it doesn't seem like a real option.  Does anyone have some insight as to how I might be able to participate on this server, or should I just give up and start over on a different server and wait for transfers to become available if I want to move a character somewhere?  How do the other players on the server get around without being constantly ganked?  How do they manage to level without it taking twice as long?

Comments

• brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975

Come on, does anyone have some advice about PvP servers the way they currently are?  Any suggestions on how I can get through things more safely and without a constant hassle?

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188
    Originally posted by brihtwulf

Come on, does anyone have some advice about PvP servers the way they currently are?  Any suggestions on how I can get through things more safely and without a constant hassle?

I don't play on a pvp server, but I did read a post off here one time on a tip. They said for white sands enter on epic, then run to the mosuleum, zone in and come back out to white sands on normal. Of course I don't know how good that is now since it may be well known.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• I play on Tyranny.  It's full of immaturity.  As a seperate issue, there are a lot of PvPers looking for easy-targets in all zones.  They being drastically higher levels is an exception, not a norm, but you'll just be ambushed by larger groups than your own instead.  Lastly, they don't actually have "better" PvPers or anysuch- simply more epeen wavery, arrogance, and even more exploiting.

However, that's really just Tyranny on the surface.  There are countless respectable players who leave global, have a decent guild and group up where they go.  If you can find a guild of them, or just make lots of friends, group up, and even do mostly 6-man content while levelling up you'll be good to go.  Personally, I always had at least one friend with me at all times while I was levelling, and I made it to 80 without too much stress.

If you find it stressful, though, don't give it a second thought.  Roll on a populated PvE server- PvE in AoC is great, and there is little point to PvP right now other than ganking for PvP points, and when there is/will be more of a point to it PvE servers have the same Borderkingdom zones, etc. to PvP in as PvP servers.

• brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975

Well then, I'll try finding a good guild on Tyranny.  But I'll also just try making a character or 2 on a PvE server if I have a hard time finding a guild that isn't all level 70-80.  Any recommendations on a good populated PvE server?  If I remember from a long time ago, Wicanna was really populated.  That still the case or should I pick a different one to try playing on?

• TheNinjaboyTheNinjaboy Member Posts: 243

Tyranny is jammed back with people.

It has an enormous population.

There is lots of Raiding Tier 1 and Tier 2 raid as well.

You'll be tripping over people in PvP which is good and bad.

Make sure you find a decent guild with good PvP players.

There are some list of BK guild owners on the official forums.

edit: One last thing, global chat is pretty insane on Tyranny. Best thing to do is mute the annoying players and/or take global off your main chat window. Bigger population = bigger retard population sometimes. It's good for the most part however.