Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Population?

I left this game awhile back, not becuase of bugs or content - i just got sick of the population on my server - DeathWhisper.  It was so quiet!  How is the game now?  Is it more populated?  I hear many people saying to come back, but not if its a quiet game.

Comments

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by Hastings

I left this game awhile back, not becuase of bugs or content - i just got sick of the population on my server - DeathWhisper.  It was so quiet!  How is the game now?  Is it more populated?  I hear many people saying to come back, but not if its a quiet game.

Hey mate as your question is quite server specific here is a break down I posted on another thread a few days back:

So Deathwhisper got merged to Tyranny.

Tyranny (PvP)

* Scourge

* Bluesteel

* Stormrage

* Deathwhisper

* Doomsayer

* Shadowblade

So there are now nearly 30k characters made on that server: aoc.yg.com/profiles

In the last 30 days here is a list of the top ranked PvP'rs for perusal (nearly 8k ppl) (and these are just ones picked up by the ingame bots and from people that 'choose' to have their profile displayed)  : aoc.yg.com/profiles

A list of the top guilds from 1700 on the server: aoc.yg.com/guilds

Here is census of the popular class types on the sever: aoc.yg.com/census

I would say that it most definately not quiet from the statistical facts for that server specifically. Especially considering the PvP ranking one gets updated every 30 days.

All in all you can try the client out on a trial client and get a feeling from the global chat and speaking with folks. Although you can't play your main character on the trial client.

Another thing to do is if you have any buddy keys, email one to yourself (to a diff email addy) and then use that to re-activate and check out free for a little while.

6 servers went into Tyranny including your old one to alleviate the same fears people had. Definately more populated imo.

• HastingsHastings Member Posts: 4

Sweet, i appreciate the hasty reply!  I will def. try both options!  Thanks!

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by Hastings

Sweet, i appreciate the hasty reply!  I will def. try both options!  Thanks!

No worries, I think it would be best to make a better informed decision without dropping a whole subs money down it not needed. And there are couple ways to do that, so at least you get a good feel for the population.

Bear in mind though that there are now remnants of 6 servers on there all with different server attitudes, so what I am trying to say is that if you don't like the server there are options to start afresh elsewhere, with the same things applicable to try out again. And even if your partial to your character there, server "paid" transfers are incoming shortly too.

One more thing, when servers got merged, you might end up losing your characters name and have to change it to something else. Just to let you know.

I'd rather you be happy from making the best choice as a fellow gamer and even if the revist is not to your tastes.

• HastingsHastings Member Posts: 4

Thankfully i got a collector's edition awhile back, so i have a few buddy keys - cant wait!  Updating now!