Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No one can say FFXI wasn't a community based game...

DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

I'll get passed the sappy part of my great experience with FFXI and all of that, But I was just youtubing some FFXI vids. and I found a bunch titled "Good bye FFXI" or some verant of that, and I started reading the comments and half of them are from friends of the person who left just talking about the great experience or begging them to come back.

Anyways, so just for the sake of it I searched "Good bye WoW" and the comments where vastly diffrent, most of them had bad laungage in em, or where telling the author to STFU...stuff like that.

Anyways, thought it was kinda intresting, And man I hope FFXIV is like FFXI, miss some of those memories...

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

Comments

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

FFXI had one of the best, if not the best, player communities in an mmo.

More than likely due to the fact you need to group up if you want to make progress, so I guess you sort of bond with people more in a game like that.

It's a shame FFXI is the only one of its kind, fantastic game.

• porgieporgie Member Posts: 1,516

Why are you guys writing in the past tense?  I thought the game was still operating.

-----------------------
    </OBAMA>

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Dewm

Anyways, so just for the sake of it I searched "Good bye WoW" and the comments where vastly diffrent, most of them had bad laungage in em, or where telling the author to STFU...stuff like that.

lol

In general the community in WoW isn't knit together, it's possible to be a douchebag in WoW and still find groups and a guild. In tighter communities where you rely on others this isn't the case.

I don't think people are friendlier when the game starts, but the game enforces respect and good behavior and rewards it. People who are jerks in MMO like EQ and FFXI don't progress very well and either wise up or leave. After a while the community benefits.

My main reason for disliking WoW isn't the game itself, it's the community. Everything happens in vent / teamspeak and is confined to small autonomous groups, there's no community in WoW because there's no reason to have one.

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337
    Originally posted by Waterlily

Originally posted by Dewm

lol

In general the community in WoW isn't knit together, it's possible to be a douchebag in WoW and still find groups and a guild. In tighter communities where you rely on others this isn't the case.

I don't think people are friendlier when the game starts, but the game enforces respect and good behavior and rewards it. People who are jerks in MMO like EQ and FFXI don't progress very well and either wise up or leave. After a while the community benefits.

My main reason for disliking WoW isn't the game itself, it's the community. Everything happens in vent / teamspeak and is confined to small autonomous groups, there's no community in WoW because there's no reason to have one.

Exactly...

And this wasn't a hate thread. more of a "man I miss FFXI and the people"

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos