Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about subbing

MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

Well I played LoTRo back in September of 08 and stopped till now(financial reasons), I was thinking about resubbing. I logged in to my old account to resub, and noticed a Buy Now! button on the account page, this shows the Mines of Moria expansion for $9.99. If I sub and buy that will charge me just $9.99 and I get 30 days, or will I also get a charge for the $14.99 making it a total of $24.98? Thanks for any help!

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

Comments

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

Well I found a answer to my question on the official forums, it will charge me 14.99 and then 10 to upgrade which makes no sense. Seeing as I can just buy the original and expansion for $10 and get the 30 days free? So why pay $24, when I can just pay $10 for the first 30 days(plus get the free 10 day trial)? Other than being able to use my old characters of course(which if I remember right was a lvl 14 hunter).

--------------------

• Redline65Redline65 Member Posts: 486

Yeah I think the promo for $9.99 for the game plus 30 days free is just for new accounts. If your highest character was only lvl 14 I'd probably just make a new account if I were you.

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

Thanks, went ahead and just paid the $10 for a new account and started a trial. So got Moria the full game, and 40 days of play time for $10 :). Best deal I have ever seen for a MMO.

--------------------