Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A time of need.

sta7ker1024sta7ker1024 Member Posts: 8

Recently I have found myself in a situation.  Im not sure if im outgrowing mmo's, or if the lack of overall variety in them is lacking. Reguardless I feel like i'm missing something in my life, the thrill of adventure or finding something new and never seen before.

I've tried soo many different games since the begining of this year and have yet to find that "magic" game. I guess, here's a list of all the games i currently have installed or have played. AC, AOC, EQ2, LOTRO, HGL, L2, COV, EVE, WOW, and a ton of F2P and other odds and ends. I guess this post is just another cry for help. But in all seriousness im just looking to bring the magic back to my PC.

If anyone has any suggestions for me, as to a new game or old one that breaks the mold alittle, I would highly appreciate it. Suggestions as to why its fun would be helpfull too.

Thanx   

It's better to burnout than to fade away!

Comments

• IrishIrish Member UncommonPosts: 259

I know what you mean. I haven't touched an MMO for about a year now, but I keep coming back here to stay updated. I'm just waiting for that right thing to come along and blow my mind. 

I'm not going to flat out say it's going to be great, because I don't know, but I have my eyes on Star Wars The Old Republic. The implementation of story it claims to have is really something fresh that I think I will enjoy. It is definetly something new being brought to the table.

Me being a Star Wars fan aside, I think it's going to at least thrill me for a little while. Even a little while is fine with me.

• JazqaJazqa Member Posts: 465

You didn't mention Guild Wars. So if you have not tested it yet, it may be your last chance. :D It's different to other MMORPG's and more action based, the graphics are good and the gameplay is good. But I think you just forgot to mention it right?

Otherwise try Singleplayer RPGs like Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fable, Drakensang. (which I bet you have already tried.) But games like Oblivion, Morrowind & Fallout lets you really explore the world and are very modable for your needs and they also have very good story compared to many MMOs.

I have played very much MMOs over yearstoo but nothing seems to be fun enough. Maybe most fun I had with MMO was WoW when  I was still kid (when it was just released I was something like 10) didn't really undertand english but it was damn fun to explore big world :D

Now about year I have really been playing only Singleplayer games (mostly rpg) and some rts games like Black  & White 2 and after these all MMOs seem to lack effort because games like oblivion are really so free.

• sta7ker1024sta7ker1024 Member Posts: 8

Yeah Irish, I've been keeping an eye on SWTOR it seems promising and hopefully it will be. Just got the blues right now. Being as it is, gamming is my main hobby and the last year and a half has been a time of sorrow in the PC world. Games just haven't progressed how i though they would/should have.

Jazqa, I have played GW but it just didn't suit me, i did enjoy it for awhile but  it wasn't the right one for me i guess. I currently own fallout 3, fable 1 & 2 and both elderscrolls games but have finished them. Ive seen drakensang on Direct2drive but have yet to play it. I might take a second look. I could list all the games ive played but the list goes on forever and i think ive tapped 80 percent of the rpg/mmo market. Have yet to try B&W but will give it another look.

Im currently looking into Dragon Age: origins, D3 and Dungeon Hero for my SPRPG needs but the wait is insanity.

To be honest right now I dunno if I'll be satisfied till Diablo 3 is sitting on my desktop.

It's better to burnout than to fade away!

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

Its tough. Honestly I found myself in the same boat as you.

The way out isnt in finding the right game, its finding the right group. I found that gathering the right bunch of online friends can put the life back into even the most boring game.

Good luck

• blackwolf82blackwolf82 Member Posts: 79
    Originally posted by Czzarre

Its tough. Honestly I found myself in the same boat as you.
    The way out isnt in finding the right game, its finding the right group. I found that gathering the right bunch of online friends can put the life back into even the most boring game.
    Good luck

Indeed you can put up with almost anything if you find the right people to play with. It's basically what MMOs are all about, socializing.

• JazqaJazqa Member Posts: 465
    Originally posted by sta7ker1024

Yeah Irish, I've been keeping an eye on SWTOR it seems promising and hopefully it will be. Just got the blues right now. Being as it is, gamming is my main hobby and the last year and a half has been a time of sorrow in the PC world. Games just haven't progressed how i though they would/should have.

Jazqa, I have played GW but it just didn't suit me, i did enjoy it for awhile but  it wasn't the right one for me i guess. I currently own fallout 3, fable 1 & 2 and both elderscrolls games but have finished them. Ive seen drakensang on Direct2drive but have yet to play it. I might take a second look. I could list all the games ive played but the list goes on forever and i think ive tapped 80 percent of the rpg/mmo market. Have yet to try B&W but will give it another look.
    Im currently looking into Dragon Age: origins, D3 and Dungeon Hero for my SPRPG needs but the wait is insanity.
    To be honest right now I dunno if I'll be satisfied till Diablo 3 is sitting on my desktop.

Drakensang is something between Fable and MMORPGs haven't played it more than 3hours myself yet. I really recommend to take a look at B&W2. I'm not really into strategy games but B&W2 is very awesome when you get into it. I really love it.

• shrapnel20shrapnel20 Member Posts: 199

if you're looking for something new i suggest you keep an eye on Mortal Online's development. the game will definitly be one that breaks the mold. it's about to go into beta for the pre-orders here soon as well.

• BrifBrif Member UncommonPosts: 529

Pre orders aren't for another two weeks, which means the beta for them won't start for at least three.

I can't wait that long.