Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just created an account, any tips?

Nimrod4154Nimrod4154 Member Posts: 864
Well tonight I just donwloaded the game and created an account well actually the download is at 63% but any one got some noob tips?

Games Played:DoAC, EQ, CoH, Lineage 2, Planetside, and Shadowbane.
Games Playing:None:(
Waiting For:WoW, EQII

Comments

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Give me your ingame name and i'll send you a million creds. Evemail Panache. My account expires the 27th....if i can figure out the command.

Tips....try and find a good corp. Just don't get into a mining corp that wants human mining drones. Rookie chat rocks and is full of new players learning the game.

If you like eye candy and cool looking ships, don't go caldari...go amaar.

Insure your ship when you upgrade...don't want to see it go pop and be left with nothing.

Get yourself into a frigate asap.

Pan

Pan

• killkoolkillkool Member UncommonPosts: 83

Go on doing missions. missions are easy cash after that you can do a little mining but missions bring in more cash. After you learned for frigate. or you created your account with the frigate. You get several skils already when you start the rest you have too buy.

Also learn up the learning skils as soon as possible if you tend to play the game longer as couple months. It benefits you if have all the learning skills upgrade too lvl 5. There are also advance learning skills. If you learn too lvl 3 or 4 it high enough.

For the rest there are so much possibilities in eve you can be miner, do missions, do trade, be a pirate, some are scammers not my favourite kind of people. Some are haulers, some shoot npc pirates called(Rats).

If get an account from someone else. It is easy but that can also be scammer or pirate be in eve world. Better is tahet you make your own account which you form too your own standards.

Anthonieak (Miner (Cooperation CLS)) SP 19,3 Mil and rising 

• Nimrod4154Nimrod4154 Member Posts: 864
    My ingame name is Yraen. I sent you a mail. Is there anyway to send money to someone or do you have to meet up?

Games Played:DoAC, EQ, CoH, Lineage 2, Planetside, and Shadowbane.
    Games Playing:None:(
    Waiting For:WoW, EQII

• ZipehZipeh Member Posts: 265

best to ask in game .. as you will have 1million questoins .. and you cant get them answered here fast enough .. go to the help chanel .. and you will see 100's of people to help you with your learning.

if you right clcik on someones name you can get all the options you can do with / to that person .. one of which is send money.

• Pi--Pi-- Member Posts: 83
    Where is the options tab in this game, like for chaning the video settings? I just started and i find the GUI very illogical.

-Pi

-Pi

hit escape for game options

right click stuff for options

double click space to fly in that direction

left click to select things  eq, ships, chars etc..

more intuitive than you think at first .. which goes against it being intuitive :P but left click select and right click for options is like every ap out there imho.

i recall the first day i was in game i exited the station and flew for 20 mins without being able to change direction :P

• Pi--Pi-- Member Posts: 83
    Ok i found out about option while hitting every key on the keyboard. Ive been flying around for a bit now warping and stuff, but i don't know what to do and the newbie channel just seems like a place to spam. Could you tell me some basics i need to know, like map and radar? I just came from Vendetta Online and its way more logical in the GUI aspect.

-Pi

-Pi

NImrod, Two mill sent me old fruit!

Happy flying!

Pan

Pan

you want to complete your noob agent missions

open people and places tab, and check agents tab.  find out where they are by right clicking and show info.  Set destination to that system by entering the name into the people and places tab - search by solarsystems .. and engage autopilot .. yellow icon in the center of your screen.  go the station hes in and right click on his name in station .. and talk to him.  do the missions ... sorting out how to do them will give you alot of basic info on how the game works .. if yo cant recall what the mission was - check the journal tab out .. will explain in depth the mission.  once your done with the noob missions .. keep working for agents for a while, long enough to get your first new frigate, some basic eq and some basic skills. 

perhaps think about joining a corp like eve univesirty who is geared around helping new pilots.

there are of course loads of other corps that accept new players.  my corp does but i dont beleive we have to many new players at the moment - so we could always use some more.  might be hard to work with more experienced players .. at the same time the knowledge base, and wealth of a veteran corp could speed your growth.

read the forums... eve is a very complex game, if you want it to be, luckily 99% of all issues and questions have already been answered a multitude of times on the forum, and on other eve fan sites, like EVE-i.

help chat is very much spam but you will get all your questions answered there.. dont be shy to speak up or convo someone if they appear to be helpful .. the veteran players are in there to help.

good luck m8 and feel free to keep asking quesitons.. in here or in game. 

• SmileyManSmileyMan Member Posts: 56

Dont go for Amarr ships, go for Gallentean ships :D They roxxorz, and by the way, you dont want to ahve a slaveship? Then dont go Amarr, fucking slavetraders image

-= NOMADS - CURSE ALLIANCE - EVE ONLINE =-
    And to all you that says: "CA is nothing but pirates", Yes we are pirates, and what are you going to do about it? Try to kill us? WE OWN YA ASS IN EVE!

O'rly.

• KorpzKorpz Member Posts: 40

Stay in the safe zones until you know how to fight, it will take a while. Do the agent missions. Watch the Newbie Forum. Join a good corp, this can be easier said than done. Personally I don't go in for mining but thats just me, I find agents a better way of getting currency and frankly more fun. Get your frigate flying an fighting skils to 3 as quick as you can then get your learning skills up. Insure you ship (not the rookie ship you start out with). Don't Die.

P.S. personally, I don't like accepting money that I haven't earned in game. It feels like cheating though I admit it isn't. Just a personal perspective.

A Korpz in all things

A Korpz in all things

I don't see anything wrong with accepting ships, currency whatver....especially more so in EVE.

Other games when you are a seasoned player, things come a little easier to you...as rightly it should be for your time invested, but take EVE.

After 3 months of playing i amassed 26 million. It sounds a lot but to buy a battleship would cost me 110 million...not so hot now is it? I too did agent missions and would prolly get in the region of 70k per mission....gonna take me a long time to be able to afford a BS right?

EVE just seems to get more evil as you progress...thats just my own personnal opion. The two corps i joined were rubbish and were only there for the corp hierachy....so i was stuck with doing the same old agent  repetitve missions (kill krull and do it again 3 missions later) and when i lost the urge to try new ships quit.

Pan

Pan

if your looking for a well established, well run, mature, fun corp Pan check mine out: ASCI is the ticker in game.

Originally posted by Zipeh
    if your looking for a well established, well run, mature, fun corp Pan check mine out: ASCI is the ticker in game.

Thanks for the offer Zip but i have already cancelled my account.

I think longevity with EVE is only possible with being part of a corp. Without one you will fall into either a miner or agent runner.

Wish you and your corp all the best image 

Pan

Pan

• KorpzKorpz Member Posts: 40

It strikes me that this is a problem with most MMOG out there. Many people seem to play in order to reach a "destination" such as the uber ship, sword, max level, or whatever the driver for achievment is.

For me its the journey to the "destination" rather than the actuality of achieving it that offers the rewards, hence why I don't accept money from other players in game.

A Korpz in all things

A Korpz in all things

• AlkatrazAlkatraz Member Posts: 119

Originally posted by panache

If you like eye candy and cool looking ships, don't go caldari...go amaar.

Amaar are not only cool looking ships...atm they are the best in any aspect of the game.

My minmatarian fellows will probably kill me for saying thatimage