Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Samual L Jackson -- Spokesperson for SW:TOR

Jeffery.hJeffery.h Darkfall CorrespondentMember Posts: 110

Yea, hey we all knows he is the best spokes person for any product.

But does does anyone disagree will make the best spokesperson for SW:TOR?

Comments

• HypeHype Member CommonPosts: 270

I'll bite:

I disagree.  He's great for hyping the Star Wars stuff, but not for the game-side, which is what's "missing" according to the critics.  As such, he'd just fan the flames.

The Illusion of Choice

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357

"There's mother f***** gizkas on this mother f****** starship!"

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• Postal13Postal13 Member Posts: 94

THis iz gunna roxx the coxx soxx!!11!!

Cunfushus says "Only through wasting time do we realize that time should not be wasted."

• haggus71haggus71 Member Posts: 254

"Hand me my lightsaber.  It's the one with Bad Motherf****r on it."  Thought I'd get that one in before all the rest do.

Having him shows they are aiming at mainstream, casual players.  Besides, he's the only jedi cool enough to have a purple lightsaber.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183
    Originally posted by Hype

I'll bite:

I disagree.  He's great for hyping the Star Wars stuff, but not for the game-side, which is what's "missing" according to the critics.  As such, he'd just fan the flames.

This.

Prepare for an "Iconic, Star-Warsy Experience!!" Prepare to "Kill, get treasure, repeat" ad infinium!!

With a "story" system tacked on...which will be posted on a wiki soon after release, so that those who are "grinding" can choose all the conversation options that lead to the fastest resolution, ignoring story entirely in an effort to "cap out" faster so they can bunny hop around waving glow-bats like a bunch of emo ravers all named "Darth Epic" (or some variety) in a fantastic "end game" consisting of the same lame shit that every other theme-park guided experience offers....

• Jeffery.hJeffery.h Darkfall CorrespondentMember Posts: 110

I'll bite:

Originally posted by Wharg0ul
    This.
    Prepare for an "Iconic, Star-Warsy Experience!!" Prepare to "Kill, get treasure, repeat" ad infinium!!
    With a "story" system tacked on...which will be posted on a wiki soon after release, so that those who are "grinding" can choose all the conversation options that lead to the fastest resolution, ignoring story entirely in an effort to "cap out" faster so they can bunny hop around waving glow-bats like a bunch of emo ravers all named "Darth Epic" (or some variety) in a fantastic "end game" consisting of the same lame shit that every other theme-park guided experience offers....

Nicely done, Jeff.

Nicely done, Jeff.

Can't take all the credit. I had the idea. Lexion From exodussyndicate made them for our Fan club / alliance :-) . Though alot of us are hard at work making more, and working up ideas. Including a comic.

• AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by Jeffery.h

Yea, hey we all knows he is the best spokes person for any product.
    But does does anyone disagree will make the best spokesperson for SW:TOR?

Haha, would be awesome if they did a voiceover with him quoting the lines from Ezekial from Pulp Fiction while game footage rolls in the background.  Or something along the lines of, "what ain't no planet I ever heard of, do they speak Basic in what?  So what one more ***damn time!"

• BioNutBioNut Member Posts: 414

I'll bite:

This.

Dude you are one jaded MMOer.  Why do you post on these boards? I have a feeling no game will ever come out that you will enjoy. BioWare is doing something different and I hope I get the experience of playing a Kotor singleplayer game co-op with an MMO endgame. Beats the hell out of grab 50 million quests from nameless NPCs and then go kill rats.

Is that what you enjoy?

Playing: Tera, BF3, ME3

Waiting on: Guild Wars 2

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

Didn't he host the VGA ceremony a couple of year back?    He'd be an interesting gaming spokesperson I think.  

• Morgan Freeman would also be a good candidate!

Originally posted by BioNut

I'll bite:

This.

Dude you are one jaded MMOer.  Why do you post on these boards? I have a feeling no game will ever come out that you will enjoy. BioWare is doing something different and I hope I get the experience of playing a Kotor singleplayer game co-op with an MMO endgame. Beats the hell out of grab 50 million quests from nameless NPCs and then go kill rats.

Is that what you enjoy?

No, actually...I prefer games like Darkfall, Pre-CU SWG, Neocron, Ultima Online....virtual worlds. MMORPGs. Not glorified 3rd person shooters with co-op mode.

• smugglaprosmugglapro Member UncommonPosts: 47

"BASIC, muthafucka!  Do you speak it?" :)

*Fast-paced montage of gameplay combat scenes with appropriate soundtrack*

when suddenly...

*sound of a record needle drag and the scenes freeze, quick side-wipe to a dark room*

*Jackson ignites his BMF saber and grins slyly*

"Oh, I'm sorry.  Did I break your concentration?"

*Jackson swings at the camera.  Wipe with it to the SWTOR Emblem and info*

Yes, I have anger issues. They taste like chocolate bunnies.

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726

haha, this is the best news ever. i love the wallpapers you made jeff (had made).

• SnievanSnievan Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by BioNut

I'll bite:

This.

Is that what you enjoy?

You think Bioware's quests are going to be better than that? How many unique "heroic" quests do you really think they can possibly flesh out?

They're not going to be any different from the standard MMO, except that they'll probably have multiple choices and maybe some cutscenes here and there.

• AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by smugglapro

"BASIC, muthafucka!  Do you speak it?" :)

*Fast-paced montage of gameplay combat scenes with appropriate soundtrack*
    when suddenly...
    *sound of a record needle drag and the scenes freeze, quick side-wipe to a dark room*
    *Jackson ignites his BMF saber and grins slyly*
    "Oh, I'm sorry.  Did I break your concentration?"
    *Jackson swings at the camera.  Wipe with it to the SWTOR Emblem and info*

I was visualizing what you just described and I must say I got a good lol from it.  I would love that kind of tongue in cheek advertisement for a game.  :)

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

Why not?  He made a good SW character and he's already into gaming.  He should advertise the game with a a bit of comedy tied in and I think it would be a great idea.

• IlvaldyrIlvaldyr Member CommonPosts: 2,142
    Originally posted by Snievan
    You think Bioware's quests are going to be better than that? How many unique "heroic" quests do you really think they can possibly flesh out?
    They're not going to be any different from the standard MMO, except that they'll probably have multiple choices and maybe some cutscenes here and there.

Nope.

They've already announced that each class has "hundreds" of hours of unique storyline quest content.

In the simplest of terms, it seems to be an MMO where the levelling process is replaced/augmented with a co-op KOTOR game that takes place in a persistant world.

Playing: EVE, Final Fantasy 13, Uncharted 2, Need for Speed: Shift
  • darkrain5darkrain5 Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by Ilvaldyr

Originally posted by Snievan

Nope.

They've already announced that each class has "hundreds" of hours of unique storyline quest content.

In the simplest of terms, it seems to be an MMO where the levelling process is replaced/augmented with a co-op KOTOR game that takes place in a persistant world.

dusn't matter as long as its fun , every mmo is realy solo player with co op if you look at it in some way

• VendakuVendaku Member Posts: 77
    Originally posted by sanders01

"There's mother f***** gizkas on this mother f****** starship!"

I lold

Samuel L Jackson speaking for ANY product = awesome. :p

• SampparoundSampparound Member UncommonPosts: 44

William Shatner should be the official spokesperson for SWTOR, just imagine the pain it would cause to all the hardcore Trekkies around the world.

Slacker extraordinaire!

• jjjk29jjjk29 Member Posts: 295

FANBOYS!

• jjjk29jjjk29 Member Posts: 295
    Originally posted by mcharj11

Would be better if it was Harrison Ford...

Your joking?  Right?