Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Something different

BwanaKuuBwanaKuu Member Posts: 146

Well, I'm getting really burnt out on the typical fantasy MMO and I don't like any of the Sci-fi ones out (EVE included, got burnt out on it). 

So what are my other options for MMOs?  Fantasy themese are still ok so long as it's not the stereotypical classes and a stereotypical world.  F2P or P2P is fine (perfer a trial for the P2P).

MMOFPS are out because I have better FPS that I play (TF2 ftw).

Anything that is just "different" from another EQish fantasy style with the same rehashed classes. 

Comments

• cc170cc170 Member Posts: 146

Well, I enjoyed WAR's classes, I thought they were different than most MMO's. You could also try AoC different classes and it's based off of Conan lore so it is pretty different too from EQ

Playing:WoW, GA
    Played:WoW,WAR,AoC,EQ,CoH,GW,EVE,Aion
    Want to play:SW:TOR

• MarLMarL Member UncommonPosts: 606

Fantasy and sci-fi are just settings which have little to do with a game. Fps is just a view and has little to do with the type of game.

If tf2 is so good why do you need another game at all? (meaning you only have room for one fps? thats all i play)

So based on the no description that you gave of what you are looking for im suggesting three pirate games ...lol

pirates of the burning sea, pirates of the caribean, and voyage century! cheers matey and good luck!

Own, Mine, Defend, Attack, 24/7

• BwanaKuuBwanaKuu Member Posts: 146
    Originally posted by MarL

Fantasy and sci-fi are just settings which have little to do with a game. Fps is just a view and has little to do with the type of game.
    If tf2 is so good why do you need another game at all? (meaning you only have room for one fps? thats all i play)

So based on the no description that you gave of what you are looking for im suggesting three pirate games ...lol
    pirates of the burning sea, pirates of the caribean, and voyage century! cheers matey and good luck!

Settings have a lot to do with the game... Especially the content.  I love TF2 but I do like MMOs and was just looking for something else.  Already tried PotBS and it was crap also tried VC awhile ago and it just didn't click with me.  Doubt PotC will either. 

To the other poster, already tried both of those, WAR ran horribly on my system (which can run AOC better...) and I didn't like the AOC world.

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

If WAR ran like crap on your system, then I won't recommend Vanguard. It's picky about hardware. Great game, great community despite being small. The game itself has some bugs still, but overall is very good.

Try Ryzom out. No classes. You can choose to train as a nuker, fighter, crafter, harvester or any combination of the above. Very deep skill tree. Devs estimate it would take 8 years to max out everything.

It's a sandbox if you like that kind of world. Crafting/harvesting are deep. Community is friendly and helpful even though it's small.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• LudipeLudipe Member UncommonPosts: 109

You should check BF Heroes and drift city, nice games and very original.

• BwanaKuuBwanaKuu Member Posts: 146
    Originally posted by Nizur

If WAR ran like crap on your system, then I won't recommend Vanguard. It's picky about hardware. Great game, great community despite being small. The game itself has some bugs still, but overall is very good.
    Try Ryzom out. No classes. You can choose to train as a nuker, fighter, crafter, harvester or any combination of the above. Very deep skill tree. Devs estimate it would take 8 years to max out everything.
    It's a sandbox if you like that kind of world. Crafting/harvesting are deep. Community is friendly and helpful even though it's small.

Hmmmm, maybe Ryzom could work...  Vanguard did run well on my system, WAR is the only one that has ever run like shit.

BF:Heroes is a TF2 ripoff btw.  And a bad one at that.  Only appeal is that it's free and they have vehicles.