Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few questions (inventory, radar)

BlueProteusBlueProteus Member UncommonPosts: 85

1) When you start out, you have 5 bags in your inventory. Is there a way to either find larger bags, or use other bags that can be stored in the main bags?

2) I took the Explorer vocation. It looks like I can either turn on my tracking for mining nodes, *or* turn on the tracking for lumber nodes. Is there any way to be able to see both at the same time on the radar?

3) Is anything skill based? As in, the more you do it the better you get at it? I never see anything like "your dodge has improved" etc.

Thanks...

Playing: Various Stuff
Played: AC, AoC, ArcheAge, BDO, CoX, EQ2, Eve, GW, LotRO, Ryzom, SWG, SWtOR, Vanguard, WoW, Etc.

Comments

• KertKert Member UncommonPosts: 71

No

No

and No

None of those things is possible. You can get yourself a vault space at the bank, and store extra items there, and purchase more vault space. You can also buy a personal house and depending on the size have 1, or several chests for item storage in it.

As for the others, they're just definitive "No"s,

• angmaridesangmarides Member Posts: 10

5 bags is what we get; you have additional storage in the bank, and you can buy more storage there; also housing comes with some storage.

you can't use both the mining and forestry search at the same time, but it's easy to cycle them from the toolbar as you run around

besides crafting i don't know of any skillups by using things.

hope you enjoy your time in middle earth.

• angmaridesangmarides Member Posts: 10

i'm just old and slow  :D

anyway, one of the most irritating inventory items is recipes; it took me a long time to realize that a lot of them cluttering up space have no real value other than the vendor value.

and of course you can make another toon to use for his bag and bank space; i admit that's annoying.

• BlueProteusBlueProteus Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Originally posted by Kert

No

No

and No
    None of those things is possible. You can get yourself a vault space at the bank, and store extra items there, and purchase more vault space. You can also buy a personal house and depending on the size have 1, or several chests for item storage in it.
    As for the others, they're just definitive "No"s,

Oof. That's kinda sucky.

At first, I thought 75 slots? Woot! That's a lot!...but I've come perilously close to filling those up, and I'm barely level 10. I can't imagine what I'm going to do when I start gathering and crafting in earnest.

I'm thinking about changing my vocation to one that only harvests one thing then, because I know it will drive me right up a wall having to toggle back and forth like that between node types. I don't know why they made that decision...I'm also puttering around in RoM now, and it's so nice to see all of the node types.

The thing about skills doesn't really bug me though, I was just curious.

Played: AC, AoC, ArcheAge, BDO, CoX, EQ2, Eve, GW, LotRO, Ryzom, SWG, SWtOR, Vanguard, WoW, Etc.

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

This lastest update increased stack size from 50 to 100, so that has been helpful. But yes, inventory management is a part of your experience in LoTRO. You cannot be a pack rat, and must ruthlessly sell to vendors or make trips to the AH part of your day.

And obviously, Explorer uses more bag space than anything. Sell, sell, sell. Ore sells pretty well on AH.

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

One thing I've noticed, probably half the time you find a mineral node, there's a wood one pretty close nearby (usually within visual distance).

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Originally posted by BlueProteus

1) When you start out, you have 5 bags in your inventory. Is there a way to either find larger bags, or use other bags that can be stored in the main bags?
    2) I took the Explorer vocation. It looks like I can either turn on my tracking for mining nodes, *or* turn on the tracking for lumber nodes. Is there any way to be able to see both at the same time on the radar?
    3) Is anything skill based? As in, the more you do it the better you get at it? I never see anything like "your dodge has improved" etc.

Thanks...

A lot of your class trauts are usage based - here is a link to the the  Burglars class traits page, each class has their own of course

lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Burglar_Traits

I miss DAoC

• YeeboYeebo Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by Jackdog

Originally posted by BlueProteus

Thanks...

A lot of your class trauts are usage based - here is a link to the the  Burglars class traits page, each class has their own of course

lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Burglar_Traits

What he said.  The main way that you unlock class traits is by using your abilities.  They help quite a bit. 

If you want a game where you are gimped out until you work up your proficiencies with basic skills, you might give Everquest, Dark Fall, or Ultima Online a try (off the top of my head).

Besides crafting, fishing also works that way in LoTRO.  Of course all you use fishing for is getting rare trophies for your house, I've never felt the urge to rasie it personally.

I personally would recommend that you keep your mining radar on at all times.  Wood doesn't sell very well in the first place (woodworker is not a very popular profession), so it's really not worth spending a lot of time going out of your way to get it (unless you are gathering it for an alt).  As someone else pointed out there's also very often a wood node next to any given metal node.

I don't want to write this, and you don't want to read it. But now it's too late for both of us.

• BlueProteusBlueProteus Member UncommonPosts: 85

Ok, I see that the traits pretty much do the same thing, that's good. After you've achieved a certain number of something, you get something in return.

I saw that at level 5 and level 10, you get a new title for having not died. How far does that go? Has anyone ever made it to say 50, and not died? Doesn't seem possible.

• YeeboYeebo Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

The last one is at level 20.  They said they didn't want super anal players levelling 50 to standing in open feilds grinding on  greens, so they stop them there :-)

I don't want to write this, and you don't want to read it. But now it's too late for both of us.