Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dengeki Interview: The Future of FFXI

neKrowneKrow Member UncommonPosts: 170

Hiromichi Tanaka & Kouichi Ogawa talk about the future of FFXI in light of the impending release of FFXIV. Full English text  here.

Some Highlights:

As for the core story line, Ogawa says that with this new update, we are about 2/3rds finished with the expansion.

Ogawa apologizes to those ever-patient Summoners, saying their long-awaited new Avatar is just around the corner...

Released in April, Security Tokens were a big hit with players [...] Account issues are already on the decline,

Final words to the players:

Ogawa: Even with the release of Final Fantasy XIV, the development of Final Fantasy XI will continue unabated. We will continue to make adjustments and develop new content that will help players enjoy the game in fresh, new ways. Please look forward to it!

Tanaka: We are working hard on both Final Fantasy XI and Final Fantasy XIV. I realize that [in the gaming world] all eyes are going to be on Final Fantasy XIV, but we know we have a version update and add-on scenario to deliver to the players. I hope you are looking forward to our continued support and development of Final Fantasy XI.

Comments

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

I really hope this goes along like Everquest and Everquest 2 where both games are equally supported and mayhap if subscribers have both games we can get a deal on the monthly? ^_^ FFXI is 3 times more gorgeous and replayable then EQ imo there's no reason why it shouldn't go on and on and on..

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)