Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When is the new unity engine suppose to be released?

Just wondering if anyone has heard when the new physics engine is suppose to be released?  Was also wondering if they were going to implement ragdoll physics with the new release of the new engine.

Comments

• angriffangriff Member Posts: 154

Soon !

Sorry I could not resist this games trademark reply.   You can go to the site and read the Rats own comments. 

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/

Doc one of the Rats program managers who puts in towns tediously by hand and researches most of the vehicle information said - But the most significant achievement of 1.30 is that the backbone work has been laid and our Unity game engine upgrade will to go into closed testing ...The long anticipated UNITY 3D® engine upgrade will be the primary focus of 1.31:

The 1.30 release just made apparently has all the hooks for the Untity upgrade.  I believe they are expecting 1.31 to complete the process.  Ragdoll I am not so sure probably not the first thing you will see in any future upgrade.  One thing for sure on this dev groups record is that they themselves often downplay the advancement of the Unity engine as putting in things faster.  That fast part does not seem to be in the dev groups  venacular.  The upgrade allows them to do things that they could not before but they have never alluded to what things these are.

• MouzurXMouzurX Member Posts: 44

Im thinking ragdoll will be in 1.31, however it will only be in a way to replace the death-animations.

So not very extreme ragdoll phisics but will improove the death animations

• hardcasehardcase Member Posts: 367

It is difficult to be fast when you are only 12 people deep. That includes, EVERYONE, 12.

• LordspamLordspam Member Posts: 15

you mean they might add some physics?

They just got a tutorial..... if that took almost 10 years

Anyone want to bet on how long till they add better physics?

surely you cant mean damage physics? There is none better on the net. You need to find the post with damage logs. You try to sound knowlegable about thier physics engine, but it is the complexity of the physics model that causes the need for less than stellar polygon counts.

The tutorial went in for the China Release. Squads took the newbies under wing to show them around.  Remember 12 people do all of this and a tutorial was a back burner issues till china made the funding attractive. US players would have howled if they took a complete cycle or maybe even two to put in a tutorial when it wasnt needed for US . Physics is the defining state of the art, damage model is the best online. Each round is traced for 3k meters, with speed, energy direction, damage done by loss of energy as it hits one of many components of each vehicle, its energy speed, direction as it exits, any spalling or conccusiive effects it did as it hit, all thise till it has no energy or traveld 3k. Each vehicle has components modeled. There are more than enought post explaining the damgae and physics model that a little googlling wil linform you.

• bigtime102bigtime102 Member UncommonPosts: 177

Originally posted by hardcase
    It is difficult to be fast when you are only 12 people deep. That includes, EVERYONE, 12.

Wow 12 people? Thats pretty big for a small company churning out a bottom of the barrel mmorpg game. Makes you realize why that crap pile list of games to the left is so big. It doesnt take much to make money in this genre supposedly.

Who knew running an mmo no ones heard of where theres no more than a few dozen people online during low pops could afford them to hire 12 employees?, and im sure they're not working for minimum wage.

But really, who wants to pay monthly to play a grossly outdated fps game where they update a texture here and there every 6 months? No one.

This company charges top dollar for their product. Being slow is not an excuse, its a failure.

• DragonSharkDragonShark Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Originally posted by bigtime102

Originally posted by hardcase

Wow 12 people? Thats pretty big for a small company churning out a bottom of the barrel mmorpg game. Makes you realize why that crap pile list of games to the left is so big. It doesnt take much to make money in this genre supposedly.

Who knew running an mmo no ones heard of where theres no more than a few dozen people online during low pops could afford them to hire 12 employees?, and im sure they're not working for minimum wage.

But really, who wants to pay monthly to play a grossly outdated fps game where they update a texture here and there every 6 months? No one.

This company charges top dollar for their product. Being slow is not an excuse, its a failure.

Going to agree to disagree with you.

I simply dont understand how you can totally rag a game when it manages to keep its doors open when others don't  Game has lots of room for improvments, but it is nothing like what you post. I simply find your opinion almost meaningless.

• toonttmtoonttm Member Posts: 19

hold on, 12 people at at minimum 40 hours each per week...carry the 1, add the 2... something like 480 hours of manpower per week? and everyone gets a lunch break and is doing wheelies in the carpark at 5:30pm? (as they leave)

hmm, doesn't really sound like a computer orientated work place? Dilbert would be disgusted!

Maybe a lot of the CRS work week is taken up with pointless meetings where the management makes everyone have a clapping moment everytime a manager gets up to mention how well another manager has done their job (which is part of what they are paid to do?) ?, lol 'death by powerpoint!

My work place has 250 or so employees and I calculated that around 1000 hours per week is tied up in pointless meetings...lead by management who need to fill their e-diaries (CRS = how many blackberry's?) with meetings to justify their position.

And how much of my week is spent doing time-mangement calculations? a lot less than I spend working out how I too can double my salary and do a 1/2 assed job! hahaha - a fruitless calculation cause I can't kiss butt...

Interesting to log back to AoC after a 4 month break...new zones (all levels), new raids, whole crafting/gem system been overhauled...will it work? who knows but at least those guys have listened to the player base and have attempted to make changes, something CRS is just never gonna do...shame..this could be the best fps ever...

You are comparing apples and oranges. New zones...some art..short view distance....playing wow..I take 3 steps and a whole mountian ranges comes in to view. The combat sysemt is hit bubble..one bubble..hit till it dies. CRS..1 guy does the web..one does the host..there is 1/6 of the workforce, Killer owns it alone with maypol..there is 1/3...one guys makes the cities, decide the next cycle, researches vehicles and weapons, couple art..couple codes and then you cant..open up new zones, when all is one zone, so when you add new content..it must not break existing content. Simple combat, beautiful eye candy, small zone, wiith servers that lock you out when they hit 2k for ALLL those zones  for wow. etc. WW2..is gameply at the expense of art. WoW is aret over everything else.. Apples and Oranges.

• toonttmtoonttm Member Posts: 19

My comparison (damn my bad spelling) was with AoC update after a 4 month break, not WoW. They (AoC) have listened to the player base and atempted to make changes based on what the subscribers actually want. They did sacrifce a lot of time getting the DX10 running (at the time that pissed a lot of people off, there was other (urgent) fixes needed) but honestly, it is worth it. AoC has amazing graphics. Funnily enough they did fix the majority of the bugs and are now attempting to to fix inconsitencies (yup, speeeeelling), but at least they try and make fixes that people who play have found and pointed out. CRS will never listen to their player base, that is called 'fact', entirely undisputable (is that even a word?). The main theme I read in any forum on this game is how some player got dissed by CRS staff...

WWII graphics do suck but never worried me as the game play is so good...(thanks to the players not CRS) but imagine if they actually do get some nice graphics in..yummie!

Funnily enough, I did recommend WWII to someone today...

Haven't played AoC in years so I had nothing to compare to except wow. I am hoping with the money coming from China, since they licenses it there, they can add some bodies to increase the upgrades. You have to admit, they always have an update in the process. I have always thought I was playing for free and paying for the upgrades. Lot of room for improvement, and in comparision to what it was in 2001 to what it is now it is just beyond measure. What game can you contact the owner, talk to the guy who controls accouts, get your money returned to you even if it is your own fault. I just think I have a personal relationship with Killer etc since I was a trainer when he, hitech(who runs aces high) and gunjam ran warbirds. They are a small company, they are gamers and they want the same as any player who pays wants. Niche game, may never have a milliion players, but they will always have me. I even pay the 15 per month instead of the discount simply to give a few extrac dollars a year. I pay 15 one time each year to help them advertise in niche magazines. I think one of the WWII mags.

It can be better, it is always being improved, it has been on my HD for 8 years and that alone says a tankload of gaming.

• Bombay1361Bombay1361 Member UncommonPosts: 26

The amount of developers doesn't really matter when it comes to games that are great.  All it means is that updates take longer to come out, which does suck but it's a price most people are will to pay....WWII online is one of my favorite online MMOs and same with Aces High II which both have very small development teams/companies, but in my opinion they are two of the best MMOs out there with a great niche group.

• DragonSharkDragonShark Member UncommonPosts: 227

Played WW2OL last month, playing AoC this month. Both games have their good and bad points, but I have to say Hardcase is correct. This is an apples and oranges comparison. After its rocky launch, WW2OL's dev team was cut down to almost nothing, and hasn't really grown much since then. Meanwhile, AoC's development team has remained very large, and there's a lot more money being pumped in to develop it. The situations really aren't comparable at all.

• MouzurXMouzurX Member Posts: 44

The only thing that stops BE from being the best mmo around is and having loads of players is... not having loads of players :P

Lowpop is kinda boring so not much people play -> not much people playing causes the game to be boring.

US tz is so much fun but it could be even more fun with tripple the players then.

Anyway i just hope the new graphics causes more new players to try out the game because it really is just amazing.

Niche game is exactly its problem. More players 24/7 would ensure it lasting even longer than those that were going to bury it.

• TontomanTontoman Member Posts: 196
    Originally posted by MouzurX

The only thing that stops BE from being the best mmo around is and having loads of players is... not having loads of players :P

Lowpop is kinda boring so not much people play -> not much people playing causes the game to be boring.

US tz is so much fun but it could be even more fun with tripple the players then.
    Anyway i just hope the new graphics causes more new players to try out the game because it really is just amazing.

Having multiple battles going on would help greatly.  The monthly fee wasn't a problem for me, logging in and not finding a good battle was.   Could be nothing at all, the end of one where it's just camping, or sometimes an actual battle.  But to keep logging in to not find what you want, you tend to stop logging in, and then wondering about the monthly fee.