Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hirelings

So, a quick question;

Any NPC Hirelings to aid you in instances and missions ingame?

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by chanss

So, a quick question;
    Any NPC Hirelings to aid you in intances and missions ingame?

I think they are coming in future content.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ArkronisArkronis Member Posts: 3

Yeah iirc, it will be used in the skirmishes - not sure when after book 8 it will come.. perhaps book 9?

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by chanss

So, a quick question;
    Any NPC Hirelings to aid you in intances and missions ingame?

I think they are coming in future content.

Yeah, I heard this was being considered as well.  Really hope they rethink this though because I personally don't see it as a good thing.  I

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• ZharreZharre Member UncommonPosts: 80

So far (at least) these hirelings will only be available for specific skirmish instances that were created specifically for the use of hirelings.

I'll be fine with that, so long as the hirelings don't invade content not intended for their use.

Originally posted by Zharre

So far (at least) these hirelings will only be available for specific skirmish instances that were created specifically for the use of hirelings.
    I'll be fine with that, so long as the hirelings don't invade content not intended for their use.

Yeah, that wouldn't be bad but why even have that?  If I really want to play a game where I run around with npcs instead of other players I can always log into Guild Wars.  Not sure why this is needed.  Would much rather do those things with other players but I'm with you far as it can't be used across the board suppose I can deal.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Yeah I hate when games do that.... I mean Guild Wars was really fun in my opinion and even with the henchmen they weren't all that great but were enough to assist you. But then they added Heroes which you could equip the skills and weapons and then there was hardly any groups at all. Everyone would just solo with their Heroes. Big dissapointment.

• BakgrindBakgrind Member UncommonPosts: 423

Personally I don't see it as a bad idea at all since it's hard to find players on the same quest or part of it to help you complete it in a timely fashion. It will beat having that quest in your log for days hoping someone will help you in the quest. Very rarely do I see groups of people running around together on the server I play on   ( Gladden) at the level that I am at. And keeping a group going after one quest is completed is rather hard as well. So if done right this can only help  a players progression in the game.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

I think it's a great idea. As long as it's only one or two at the most for smaller group quests....and for the bigger group quest you would still need other players. Turbine could even adjust  certain quests so that you can't use hirelings...or better yet...when you try to hire them... they refuse  because they are busy or afraid of the quest for which you required their assistance.

edit:  I see where a previous post says they are for specific quests.....they really should add them for the occasional times no one is available to help with small group quests. Another limitation...maybe you can only hire once a day...or week. So it still allows you to finish off some of those group quests while not eliminating the need to group altogether.

Originally posted by Bakgrind

Personally I don't see it as a bad idea at all since it's hard to find players on the same quest or part of it to help you complete it in a timely fashion. It will beat having that quest in your log for days hoping someone will help you in the quest. Very rarely do I see groups of people running around together on the server I play on   ( Gladden) at the level that I am at. And keeping a group going after one quest is completed is rather hard as well. So if done right this can only help  a players progression in the game.

Well, that's the rub.  This game has too many servers for the population it has.  The game always has had too many servers and Turbine refuses to do any consolidation.  On Elendilmir its fairly easy to find a group for things no matter what it might be.  Same can be said for a few other servers but you're right on some it really sucks.  So I agree with what you're saying but if Turbine would do what is really necessary then this wouldn't be an issue nor would henchmen be needed.