Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Noob Questions - what did i do wrong? worth a 2nd try?

2»

Comments

• Originally posted by carlyvalente

Some advices: 
    1- Stay at your optimal distance for you guns.
    kk will try, currently my gun has 3500m but can only pick circling 2.5 or 5km - need to look if i can set a free distance
    2- Kill scramblers rats first , just in case you need to warp out in emergency (lost several ships this way)
    Ok will try to remember that.
    3- Don't drop drones untill alll of them have you tergeted, if not they will target your drones.
    Not used drones yet, what are thy good for?
    4- Align to a planet/station just in case you need to warp out.
    Ah i think i done that by accident yesterday - is that when the station name stands to right on the screen, near the targets?
    5- Don't go low sec alone
    low sec means pvp risk high if i remember it right from last year... i avoid those for now.
    6- Keep your clone updated! (thou rats won't kill your pod it is not funny loosing learned skills if a player pod you in low sec)
    hmm havent looked into the clone thing yet - didnt know that thanks, will have a look.
    7- Your Capacitor is your life, No cap = no reparation/recharge = dead. Make sure your ship is cap stable before battle.
    yes i remember i had bigger ship and capacitor last year
    8- Don't stay fighting untill last breath. Warp out earlier because Murphy (and asteroids ) law is out there and you can stomp in any structure/roid making you unable to warp in time.
    hehe but when its really close with open end, i sometimes cant resist to try my luck ;)
    9- Tactical are reserved for pvp. There is not such tactical manouvres fighting ,npc except the above advices
    makes me curious what those manouvres will be like :)
    10- fly an inexpensive ship at first . Don't go after a uber ship untill you feel comfortable with your frigate.
    I fly what i got as a mission reward i think its not a frigate yet lol. I put a basic insurance on it - not sure what its worth lol

• carlyvalentecarlyvalente Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by Snorf

Originally posted by carlyvalente

Some advices: 
    1- Stay at your optimal distance for you guns.
    kk will try, currently my gun has 3500m but can only pick circling 2.5 or 5km - need to look if i can set a free distance
    You can chosee an orbital distance different from the list. Just check the list, I think it reads something like : Set orbital default or something. Then just enter the number in meters on the pop up window.
    2- Kill scramblers rats first , just in case you need to warp out in emergency (lost several ships this way)
    Ok will try to remember that.
    In the heat of the fight you don't usually notice the onscreen text  you are scrambled. Insteed check the overview window over the rats , it should show you a module icon (if any) that is affecting you.
    3- Don't drop drones untill alll of them have you tergeted, if not they will target your drones.
    Not used drones yet, what are thy good for?
    Drones are your friends. Specially if you are gallente. They fight for you and do a considerable damage.
    4- Align to a planet/station just in case you need to warp out.
    Ah i think i done that by accident yesterday - is that when the station name stands to right on the screen, near the targets?
    No, just find a celestial in overview or in the main screen, then hit the "align to" icon on the overview tools and you start moving to that celestial. That makes you win some time in case you need to warp out. IE: if you are aligned at full speed you only need to hit "warp to", and you warp out inmediatly.
    5- Don't go low sec alone
    low sec means pvp risk high if i remember it right from last year... i avoid those for now.
    Good
    6- Keep your clone updated! (thou rats won't kill your pod it is not funny loosing learned skills if a player pod you in low sec)
    hmm havent looked into the clone thing yet - didnt know that thanks, will have a look.
    Allways keep your insurance clone updated , check often your clone insurance is bigger than your skill points.
    7- Your Capacitor is your life, No cap = no reparation/recharge = dead. Make sure your ship is cap stable before battle.
    yes i remember i had bigger ship and capacitor last year
    It doesnt depends on the size of the ship. Bigger ships have bigger caps but fit bigger guns/modules that consumes more cap. Use cap rechargers or any other cap rech module if needed
    8- Don't stay fighting untill last breath. Warp out earlier because Murphy (and asteroids ) law is out there and you can stomp in any structure/roid making you unable to warp in time.
    hehe but when its really close with open end, i sometimes cant resist to try my luck ;)
    Don't. The only thing you will do is loosing your ship sooner or later.
    9- Tactical are reserved for pvp. There is not such tactical manouvres fighting ,npc except the above advices
    makes me curious what those manouvres will be like :)
    IE: Camping a gate: Tankers and tacklers close to the gate. Snipers far away. Logistic ships in range of the fight but not too close (they are the healers) . Explorers on the other side of the gate, cloacked and giving info of the incomming ships.
    This is just un example, there are thousands of different situations.
    10- fly an inexpensive ship at first . Don't go after a uber ship untill you feel comfortable with your frigate.
    I fly what i got as a mission reward i think its not a frigate yet lol. I put a basic insurance on it - not sure what its worth lol
    My suggestion is don't insure a frig. it doesn't worth it.
    Platinum insurance is allways the only option because the payout not only pays back the price of your ship but sometimes it cover the loss of your destructed modules.

• thafireballthafireball Member Posts: 200
    Originally posted by cosy

Originally posted by cosy

From 3rd day on i tried to find out if there are any group missions or if groups are ever formed. To be honest, i never found out.

lol is so easy just R-click on other player face

what do you mean player face? I have not seen any other player. All that made me believe i wasnt alone in the universe was the chat text.

there are some link on my signature plz check them all

Extremely helpful pdf.  Thank you...I just started playing recently and pretty much have no clue as to what to do.  This seems like it's going to help.  You are tha man.

• CoffeeGruntCoffeeGrunt Member Posts: 192

and to get ideas and understanding on how to fit your ship

eve.battleclinic.com/

dont take it as the 'Bible'  on how to fit your ship bc its not .

• RodentofdoomRodentofdoom Member Posts: 273

Both Orbit and Keep At can be set to default ranges that suit your guns/ammo by selecting a non-planetary object and then rightclicking and choose [set default], changing ammo-types will mean rechanging these settings.

A reasnable range to set would be somewhere between your Optimal to Optimal + Fall Off

Either Evemon or EveHQ is worth downloading to help with planning your skill training and both allow you to build test fits for ships you can fly now, and plan to fly in the future

Check out the Corp Recruitment channel on eve's main forums, if theres nothing you see that you like the sound of create a post and give some basic info, Time Zone wanted, Current approx SkillPoints (round to nearest million) and which Empire your interested in missioning for. A corp that is prepared to assist new players will post a reply however remember to check thier Office is in Hisec. 

• PatchDayPatchDay Member Posts: 1,641

Thanks all for the infos.

To give you a brief update about my 2nd try to get into eve yesterday i had 2 houers to play and yes i saw 2 or 3 other player ships this time.
    So if i get the infos from this thread correct you do not directly PvE group in EvE all PvE is solo here. No Group PvE content. No random grouping happening.
    Joining a coorp i plan for next week to see what that changes.
    This weekend im gona learn the game again (only did a few missions now and learning skills to get the ship upgraded some)
    I have another noob question tho,

does combat change later in game? Does it get more "tactical" at this (extremely early) stage it is just like: My weapon is stronger than your shields, you loose.
    Can a "weaker by the numbers" (weapon power and shields and all) player beat a stronger NPC or Player (just numbers, not playerskill) by using smart maneuvers tactics and surprise moves?

I just figured it out you must be a matar player? Try heading to Rens. I would think you spawned there though? We just hit Rens this weekend and killed some war targets. I saw neutrals floating around all over...

Yeah the combat gets more tactical but man this really isn't a PvE game per se. The vast majority of ships are PVP based and useless in PVE. Most tactics are applicable to PvP only such as warp disruption, warp scrambling, overloading, aggression timers, ECM, warp bubbles, etc. PVE'ers dont use half the tactics us pvp'ers use.

The exciting PVE is the trading, manufacturing, running your own business, and heck maybe even hauling. The direct pve combat kinda blows chunks. It's just relaxing repetition mostly.

Cant speak for wormholes!  We only use wormholes to stealth op into enemy space andf get some quick ganks