Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will my character still train after...

scars87scars87 Member Posts: 234

...my subscription is done? I figure my character can still train a long 20day skill while i'm on vacation. I remeber in previous patch it worked.

Your Thoughts?

Comments

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

I'm pretty sure you need an active sub for training to work.

• huntersamhuntersam Member UncommonPosts: 210

if your subscription ends your training stops now . i beleve they did a patch tp stop people doing the same thimg it detting long training and then cancelling account then resubbing when training was done. but someone who plays it now can confim this . i just remember rwading about it a few months ago

• xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

if you have a sub then your training will continue but if u dont and your trial runs out befor the 20days then it will stop on the day your trial runs out.

• JaggaSpikesJaggaSpikes Member UncommonPosts: 430

since ghost training (training on inactive accounts) was removed, skill training stops 3 days after subscription runs out.

• EnkinduEnkindu Member Posts: 1,098

Once upon a time CCP was cool about this and they would let the skill continue training even after your sub ended, making for a pleasant surprise to return to after taking time off from Eve.

Unfortunately people started wholesale abuse of this fact ("hey dude, I'm gonna cancel my sub on this toon while he trains Gallente Battleship V for 2 months") so CCP dropped the axe on this "feature."

You will see many people crying that this was some great injustice.  The fact was that CCP was letting people have something for free as a courtesy, people started abusing it, and now people actually will tell you with a straight face and righteous indignation that CCP owes them service even when they stop paying their bill.

So when you think "hey, sure would be nice if my skill would train if I needed to take a break from the game" you can blame all of the whiners that are going to jump on my case for this post.

I call it "ungrateful housepet syndrome"...

You scratch your dogs head to be nice for an hour, then you stop because oyu have something important to do.

Your dog doesn't say "wow, thanks! That was nice while it lasted!"

Your dog instead thinks "WTF?? How dare you stop!! I was Enjoying that!!"

Woof.

deviliscious: (PS. I have been told that when I use scientific language, it does not make me sound more intelligent, it only makes me sound like a jackass. It makes me appear that I am not knowledgable enough in the subject I am discussing to be able to translate it for people outside the field to understand. Some advice you might consider as well)

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Despite pityfull Enkindu's whine, if you actualy use common sense and do the math behind the subscription fee and training, you will realize there was no abuse and CCP was not realy losing any money by mentioned feature.

CCP can just be true tards...and they only removed 'cool' feature while feeding us with absurd, offending lies.

• rwmillerrwmiller Member Posts: 472

Stopping the training clock from running once the subscription runs out is certainly well within CCPs rights and abilities but CCP tends to be a bit evangelical about their reasons and can at times ignore the underlying causes. There was no serious abuse of this by players. If you have a major character in the game and you are training up a 51 day skill you are likely to continue to play the game. If you aren't then it is likely you have a second or third account that you are playing on and CCP was still getting some revenue. The only serious reason to do this in large numbers would be to sell your characters but while that goes on it doesn't really go on to the extent to justify this.

The primary goal for CCP is keep the subscription money coming in for all the accounts and from a business point of view that makes sense.

The real problem is the whole idea of having a skill that takes 2 months to train up and then having the need to do a few more skills at this level. But, again as a business design to keep accounts active and tied to the game for years it's great and for the people that enjoy EvE and have fun in the game it really isn't an issue.

• RodentofdoomRodentofdoom Member Posts: 273

I thouht it was the Korean arm of CCP who said "wtf .. FREE unsubscribed training  !!! never it must go NOW!!!!!!!"

• EnkinduEnkindu Member Posts: 1,098
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Despite pityfull Enkindu's whine, if you actualy use common sense and do the math behind the subscription fee and training, you will realize there was no abuse and CCP was not realy losing any money by mentioned feature.
    CCP can just be true tards...and they only removed 'cool' feature while feeding us with absurd, offending lies.

I'm sorry, I missed the part where I was whining. I was calling out all the players acting like spoiled little girls.

deviliscious: (PS. I have been told that when I use scientific language, it does not make me sound more intelligent, it only makes me sound like a jackass. It makes me appear that I am not knowledgable enough in the subject I am discussing to be able to translate it for people outside the field to understand. Some advice you might consider as well)

• PatchDayPatchDay Member Posts: 1,641

here we go again with the whining and tears

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238
    Originally posted by Enkindu

Originally posted by Gdemami

I'm sorry, I missed the part where I was whining. I was calling out all the players acting like spoiled little girls.

This is mostly due to the fact you have month-long skill trainings and you already have the ship and equipment the skill will unlock use for, so you might basically have nothing to do until then.

So, the short way is to kill the inactive account training rather than giving players more and more to do while they train skills.