Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are server transfers available?

brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975

I just started back into playing AoC again, and I am really not liking the community on the PvP server I have my characters on.  I have a couple 50+ and would really prefer not to have to start over again.  I can't remember and can't seem to find info, but is it possible to transfer characters to a different server?  Can I get off a PvP server and go to PvE or RP-PvP?  The last straw was tonight when after being killed a couple times because the village entrance was camped by several people from a guild, the global chat was full of constant f-bombs and discussions about Canadians and really stupid immature people.

I've found the occasional pleasant person here and there, and I don't know if the server is different or I'm just less tolerant of immature idiots after over a year.  But I don't think I can take more "newb" and "dude" talk.  And I was encouraged by what seemed to be some realistic limiting systems on PvP, but I took my level 20 out of the city and was almost immediately dropped my someone twice my level.  Seems like either the penalties for "ganking" that were supposedly put in place mean nothing, or most people just don't seem to be affected or care.

Anyway, if anyone knows if you can transfer servers and how, I would appreciate the info.  Thanks.

Comments

• UnfinishedUnfinished Member Posts: 881

forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php

Sometime after June you'll supposedly be able to BUY a server transfer. (see 2nd half of the post).

They are charging $10 US for a name change so a xfer probably aint gonna be cheap. They need the money.

• brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975

Well, I'm not in the guild I was in a long time ago anymore, so I guess I better find a good one and try to stay grouped for now.  Can't seem to get anything done when I have multiple characters 10+ levels above me camping just outside cities and rez points.  I just thought with the changes they made to the PvP system I might be able to do more quests solo when I wanted.