Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question

I have googled this, read through some forums and was unable to find out if DX10 was fully implemented. So, has it? Thank you.

Comments

• OmeteotlOmeteotl Member Posts: 11

They have been fixes with the new patch but is still marked as "Test".

• BrianAddisonBrianAddison Member Posts: 227

Wow, that DX10 has been a long time in the making.

• This patch ... 1.05 ... lets you play in DX10. Expect a performance hit though.

Hell, it looks so damn good in DX9 I don't see the big deal but I would imagine that you need a card that does DX10 very well to be happy.

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

I my view, even if its the "test" version on live, its DX10 for me, and it has been, ever since it went live I have been using it nonstop on almost maximum settings.

The reason the "test" is not taken away, I think its cause they aim to improving it even more in the coming months/years. Its already know that their version of DX10 is the most advanced for any MMO so far, and its a real power PC hogger! In the latest patch there were improvements, and things are either looking better or smoother. Shadows are beutiful at least now.

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

Well the dx10 live test is more or less like how some f2p games have been in beta for the last 3 years.....it works but its not where they want it so they leave it in "test mode"

I have crashed like 3 times playing aoc, every time it was in the dx10 client, never an issue in dx9.

Other than the rare crash in dx10, it works just fine.

My only beef with the dx10 client is that to use it, you must go into the aoc launcher setting (before clicking play after it loads up) and select the dx10 client...every time you start up the game. 

You wont be able to jump from dx9 to dx10 in game using the in game settings, eventhough it gives you the option to select which dx client to use.

That and it seems like the dx10 client is quite a bit less effeciant with my system resources as dx9....less efficiant than it should be (frame rate wise)

Either way they have dx10 and it does add a lot of nice looking elements to the game....i especially love the grass physics and water reflections.