Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In-Game Footage

arrisbarrisb Member UncommonPosts: 194

If its old, I apologise but I had not seen it before.

www.youtube.com/watch

Comments

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

That looks really good.

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

I do see it's "early alpha" so all I will say is..well I can't say much, if that was closed beta then I would really hammer away.

But this is not the case

• KeyhKeyh Member Posts: 140

Looks like a compilation of all of the in-game footage from the various interviews and such. Good find.

• m240gulfm240gulf Member UncommonPosts: 460

I just noticed something weird.  At 4:05, a jedi is fighting someone with a glowing stick like the ones the Grevous's droid guards used in the EP II and III.  Anyways, at first he's in melee combat and starts to flame the jedi, i.g. Bounty Hunter trick.

Does this mean every class will have dual rolels?  Maybe jedi will have melee with LSs and ranged with force powers, while everyone else will get vibro swords along with their blasters?

I Reject your Reality and Substitute it with My Own!

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Meh...nothing new here.   Same old same old.   Game play looks no different than say WoW.   Click on target, spam hotkeys until target is dead.   Why would it take a lightsaber weilding Jedi so many hits to kill that one creature?  

::yawn::

• BeermanglerBeermangler Member UncommonPosts: 402

Looks more like a collage of previously released materials...

Better to be crazy, provided you know what sane is...

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I love how KOTOR lightsaber fighting = no moving around a room/area what-so-ever.

Imagine all the battles in the movies. Now imagine if they all took place in the same spot in their respective rooms without any moving around the enviroment.  What great action! Stand in place... swing swing swing swing swing for 15 minutes. die. Sweeeeeeeeet!

Oh, and nothing says Star Wars like a pair of tight fitting pants also.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

IMO.. It looks like the same graphic engines as SWG, EQ2, Vanguard etc etc..  They all run the same, walk the same and even look the same..   Zzzzzz   OMG.. Hell.. even their website and forum looks IDENTICAL to the old SWG website.. LOL  same font, same size, same colors..... < FLASHBACK>  /e pokes eyes out

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829

i like how it says "in game FOTAGE"   lolz

• er99er99 Member CommonPosts: 101
    Originally posted by Teala

Meh...nothing new here.   Same old same old.   Game play looks no different than say WoW.   Click on target, spam hotkeys until target is dead.   Why would it take a lightsaber weilding Jedi so many hits to kill that one creature?  

well what would you have instead? i dont understand why veteran gamers still argue or criticize this point?  dont get me wrong...i would love to see something different as well but until some other means of interacting ingame, other than the use of a keyboard and mouse, i dont see how we are going to not ever need to button mash. maybe the widespread adoption of x-box or wii style controlers hooked up to our pc's would change this but until then...

• IlvaldyrIlvaldyr Member CommonPosts: 2,142

That's pretty much what MMO combat has always been.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a Mass Effect pseudo-FPS ARPG style combat mechanic in an MMO and I'm sure it'll happen eventually, (and hopefully revolutionise the genre) but we're not going to see it done well in the next year or two.

Playing: EVE, Final Fantasy 13, Uncharted 2, Need for Speed: Shift
  • econ24econ24 Member Posts: 45

I totally agree!!!  When we can finally play MMOs without having to use a stupid keyboard, and can run around 1 shotting mobs then I'll be happy!!!

• GenleoGenleo Member Posts: 100

yeah pay no attention that stupid moron. but anyways this looks great the only thing is can we actually say that this game is in alpha stage?

Doesn't that mean beta is nextttt, so this game could be out next yearr.

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

I want to tell the toons to eat a couple of cookies. So thin, if they turn sideways, they might disappear. Good for stealth tho

• DrChickenDrChicken Member Posts: 263

Can't say that I really like the art direction they decided to go with on this game. When can we move away from the WoW/WAR stylized, cartoonish art, and start using more realistic looking effects. I can agree that the art used in WoW/WAR looks great, and it definitely has its place in the industry, but how can you recreate that gritty Star Wars universe with a cartoon-like palette?

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Some ingame footage some of you may have missed are the planet videos

www.swtor.com/info/holonet/planets

Open up each link for the planets listed and click on the landscape icon on the right (under the question mark)

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• takayitakayi Member Posts: 158
    Originally posted by Senadina

I want to tell the toons to eat a couple of cookies. So thin, if they turn sideways, they might disappear. Good for stealth tho

Aye, the models aren't candy to my eye neither at the moment, they really need to get few BigMac's in their tummies.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Not impressed. Looks like Star Wars for the SW:Clone Wars cartoon kids, but not for adult old school fans.

Many years ago Lucas said that he basicly wanted to give the Star Wars universe a "used and worn out" look.

Today all that is left is commercial, colorfull pop-culture shit for the ADHD generation.

• PinkCatPinkCat Member Posts: 218

I have some of the most refined tastes in the world because I say I do and I say that this game looks absolutely  stunning.  Have a great day QQ'ers.

PS. stop letting your mommy's/GF/wives dress you or you will never have good tastes.

-----------------------
    ...I'm in your panties

• DrChickenDrChicken Member Posts: 263
    Originally posted by PinkCat

I have some of the most refined tastes in the world because I say I do and I say that this game looks absolutely  stunning.  Have a great day QQ'ers.
    PS. stop letting your mommy's/GF/wives dress you or you will never have good tastes.

Good job. You manage to debunk all of the naysayers with your perfectly dry, trite phraseology, and then you add the witty invective at the end, insulting them all, or at least trying to. I think you deserve a gold star for your powers of persuasion. Well done, indeed!

• Cody1174Cody1174 Member Posts: 271

What do people expect, something revolutionary every 5 years in gameplay?, no. It will have good gameplay and an Epic story. No one can touch Bioware in story rpgs.

That video shows nothing about how each character is designed to take on multiple enemies (4+) Most of the gameplay shown was released in Early Fall 2008 aswell.

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368
    Originally posted by VoIgore

Not impressed. Looks like Star Wars for the SW:Clone Wars cartoon kids, but not for adult old school fans.
    Many years ago Lucas said that he basicly wanted to give the Star Wars universe a "used and worn out" look.
    Today all that is left is commercial, colorfull pop-culture shit for the ADHD generation.

Well, if he really said that, I think Lucas failed himself in the latest movies. They all look more sterile than a hospital.

However, I do like the art direction in this game. It is unique and not going to be outdated quickly. I just hope that the gameplay is good.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• John.A.ZoidJohn.A.Zoid Member Posts: 1,531
    Originally posted by Cody1174

What do people expect, something revolutionary every 5 years in gameplay?, no. It will have good gameplay and an Epic story. No one can touch Bioware in story rpgs.

That video shows nothing about how each character is designed to take on multiple enemies (4+) Most of the gameplay shown was released in Early Fall 2008 aswell.

I dunno alot of Biowares games have had real bad storylines and scripts with very bad voice acting with all the weird pauses. Also Bioware have never been good with level design or animation as seen in Mass Effect and their characters which animate like cardboard. Bioware can make bad games, Jade Empire, Mass Effect and Sonic so they arn't untouchable. Remember Lucas Arts are one of the worst out there and I don't think they've done anything good since the 90's and even then that was mainly Tim.

My main problem i have with the footage though is the animations are poor and so are the character models. The armour/clothes design is really bad and I'm not too fond on the over sized weapons too. I'm gonna wait to pass judgement and hope they change it but if the game has them human character models are launch then I wont bother playing.

I think Blizzard are the only developer who have ever created a story that made me interested in finishing. Starcraft, Warcraft 3 and diablo 2.

• Dmodert66Dmodert66 Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Cody1174

True.  That footage looks early compared to the demo at E3.  Things seem more polished and the combat looked really fun.  I thought (for the quest they showed) that the story line was interesting and pretty well developed.  Also, the little voice acting we saw was pretty good for an mmo (so far).  As with the rest of you, I'll reserve judgement till I play it, but so far the game is looking great to me...

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

I think the same, looks like WoW with a Kiddy SW theme.