Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rejoined UO, bored of all new MMORPG. Need help

WazMeisterWazMeister Member Posts: 149

Hi all

Not played UO for years and I mean years!

Still got my chars though, Treasure hunter, Mage, Warrior etc but so much has changed its scary!

I'm concentrating on my Treasure hunter atm fishing loads for SOS though hardly any come up anymore... Nots ure if its a good way to make money but only way I know atm.

My main question is, I want to go hunt for some good gold as my mage. Whats the best places to farm gold, everyones so rich ingame in the Millions and I just have 5k.. lol

Any suggestions are brilliant.

Thanks

Comments

• darkjoydarkjoy Member Posts: 39

Thats the spirit...

really bored from these "world of *put in what ever u want*" games...

• WazMeisterWazMeister Member Posts: 149

hehe

Actually I never played World of what ever game.

I come from most recent DF tbh. but play many other mmorpgs too.

Thanks for the.. well random reply though.

• vaultbrainvaultbrain Member Posts: 122
    Originally posted by WazMeister

Hi all

Not played UO for years and I mean years!

Still got my chars though, Treasure hunter, Mage, Warrior etc but so much has changed its scary!

I'm concentrating on my Treasure hunter atm fishing loads for SOS though hardly any come up anymore... Nots ure if its a good way to make money but only way I know atm.

My main question is, I want to go hunt for some good gold as my mage. Whats the best places to farm gold, everyones so rich ingame in the Millions and I just have 5k.. lol
    Any suggestions are brilliant.

Thanks

you want gold in UO? All you need to do is fork out like 100 bucks RL cash and buy a couple of billion from a gold farmer. Its not hard to find them, just ask, well, anyone, considering thats ALL that plays UO anymore.

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

If you can cast level 8 spells, you're basically good enough to take down dragons (avoid greater dragons they will hurt ya, 1 hit kills with their firebreath) But anyway they drop from 800-1200 gold and some gems and random stuff also if you're a T-Hunter you can pick random locks in dungeons. Loot the gold and gems. I used to make 1 mil gold in a few hours, but it gets VERY boring. And if you find the dragons to be too hard, you can go down and kill Ogre Lords or Artic Ogre Lords. They drop from 400-800 gold and some random stuff. They are a little bit easier than the dragons, but are super tough and sometimes can take longer killing them than dragons. If you find those to be hard still you can go try the dread spiders in dungeons and kill them. They drop 200-500 gold and you can mow them down fairly quick. When all else fails, start mining/lumberjacking and pick up a trade. Craft weapons or armor from iron ores and sell them to the NPC's. The prices varies depending on the durability of the item. So the higher the durability the more money you get in return.

Once you find that you can afford things, your best bet is to get a "dragon or reptile slayer" spellbook. Then it becomes extremely too easy. Grab a few dragons and 3-4 chain lightning spells would kill them super quick. If you feel really confident go to Ilsh lands and try your luck with paragon monsters.

Damn talking about these things makes me wanna come back and play, but then I will only find out that I'm going to be dissappointed yet again and get mad that I spent money resubbing.