Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warning - FE Mods getting cranky

FedacorrFedacorr Member Posts: 45

If you have been accepted into the Beta, remember that you are under a total Non Disclosure Agreement.

You are not allowed to tell others you are in the beta.

Today, Tiggs, FE Customer Support boss, posts:

------------

If you're in beta and having problems with anything having to do with the beta then please email [email protected] and be patient.

If you post on the non-beta forums about a beta problem you will be violating the NDA. We are going to start actioning people that are in the beta and posting. Please consider this your warning.

-------------

Translation: Post something that says you're in the beta on the non-beta forums, and you can expect to no longer BE in the beta.

Comments

• RollotamasiRollotamasi Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 898

Shouldnt the title of this thread be "Warning - FE Mods Doing Their job"?

-Currently looking forward to FFXIV

-Currently playing EvE and Global Agenda

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Hmm, makes sense to me, normal procedure, I take it they don't have beta forums?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• hopdoghopdog Member Posts: 110
    Originally posted by Fedacorr

If you have been accepted into the Beta, remember that you are under a total Non Disclosure Agreement.
    ------------
    If you're in beta and having problems with anything having to do with the beta then please email [email protected] and be patient.
    If you post on the non-beta forums about a beta problem you will be violating the NDA. We are going to start actioning people that are in the beta and posting. Please consider this your warning.
    -------------
    Translation: Post something that says you're in the beta on the non-beta forums, and you can expect to no longer BE in the beta.

This is the norm on most "Closed Beta" game's it's just more recently they had slacked off on a few but Closed Beta's are just that. there sopose to be "closed" and pending on the NDA they can do a bit more then just cut you from the beta list.

• BrawlkingBrawlking Member Posts: 57
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Hmm, makes sense to me, normal procedure, I take it they don't have beta forums?

I'm sure they do, the support email is usually a backup, or used for direct contact in cases of severe problems.

• Rommie10-284Rommie10-284 Member UncommonPosts: 265

I swear companies will get fed up with the problems "Fileplanet" stress tests generate and find another way.  It's the same song, the same dance, the same barfight, the same cuffing-and-stuffing from the police.

Note that I'm not blaming Fileplanet - they are just the delivery mechanism.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

wait....THE "Tiggs"???

Edit: "~~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!!~~"

YES!!!! it IS Tiggs!!! Yay!!!!

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    Originally posted by Wharg0ul

wait....THE "Tiggs"???

Yes. :) Tiggs, Tigger, Cassie, etc... owner of Mig Squared, coolness incarnate, sassy gal Tiggs.

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • NewnameNewname Member Posts: 11

Seems fair game here,

If people aren't meant to be talking bout it, dont talk bout it.

far as im aware they have said multiple times not to be talking bout it, but people being people go and do what they want regardless, anyone would get bit outta their tree bout it. Although what you showed doesn't seem too bad just warning which is dead on.

Fighting a losing battle though, cause people like to think they are allowed to do what they want, so im sure more people will do waht they please and post away things they should be posting about.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

But anyone can get an account on Fileplanet. So what's to stop people from creating an account posting all sorts of info, getting banned and making a new account?

Also, email bugs to them? EMAIL?! They couldn't work up a forum or a "ctrl+b" reporting tool? Wow, just...wow.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

For issues with moderation on these forums contact the CM at [email protected] . Yes mmorpg.com has a NDA-rule in effect too.

Originally posted by skeaser

But anyone can get an account on Fileplanet. So what's to stop people from creating an account posting all sorts of info, getting banned and making a new account?
    Also, email bugs to them? EMAIL?! They couldn't work up a forum or a "ctrl+b" reporting tool? Wow, just...wow.

As I said, I'm sure there is a Beta forum, it wouldnt make sense NOT to have one. The Email is not intended for normal bug reporting. I'm also sure they have an ingame bug reporting tool, it would just be silly not to.

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357
    Originally posted by JelloB2000

For issues with moderation on these forums contact the CM at [email protected] . Yes mmorpg.com has a NDA-rule in effect too.

Not strongly enforced, I must say lol.

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• MurderSceneMurderScene Member Posts: 17

There is a bug report in-game and on forum.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039
    Originally posted by Fedacorr

------------
    -------------

Translation: Warning, if you bathe with clothes. The clothes get wet.

Thanks for the warning bud.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

Originally posted by MurderScene

Only way to know that is to be in the beta, welcome to NDA violation. :)

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357
    Originally posted by Brawlking

Originally posted by MurderScene

Only way to know that is to be in the beta, welcome to NDA violation. :)

I thought it would be pretty obvoius theres a report bug feature in game and a forum in which to post about bugs?

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726
    Originally posted by Kyleran

oh no, they most definitely do.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Wharg0ul

wait....THE "Tiggs"???
    Edit: "~~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!!~~"
    YES!!!! it IS Tiggs!!! Yay!!!!

Yep. She also handles DDO.

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786
    Originally posted by JelloB2000

I can attest to this... I got my official "Warning" earlier today.  :)