Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was it really worth the $70?

OrtisaiOrtisai Member Posts: 162
After playing Eq2 for a while i decided to try WoW. Problem is i could not find a copy anywhere!  So i decided to get one on ebay and pay for overnight ($70 total, $55game, $15Shipping) and im left wondering if it was worth it...well i think it was, i have already started to enjoy this game with a great deal cause its a get away when eq2 gets too frustrating.  you think i paid too much for something hard to get? i mean i DO enjoy it.

Comments

• glubeglube Member Posts: 5
    all i can say is you must have really wanted to play this game !

but then againi tend to pay overnight on games if i really want them

This is where im supposed to put something profound and life changing isnt it?

...um....

I like cheese

• shoyroo766shoyroo766 Member Posts: 15
    Well if you enjoy playing it then the answer is Yes it was worth itimage simple as that!

• RhevinRhevin Member UncommonPosts: 611
    Welp, let's see. It's 9.40 A.M. EST now. My last class ends at 11.30. TO get in the Jeep and drive 15 minutes home, cook ramon, and take in the trash barrels will take ~30 minutes. So, that makes it noon. Play until midnight Saturday. I think it was worth the 80 bucks that I paid for CE. image

• cedoricedori Member Posts: 500

If you like the game then yes, but personally if you waited this long, you probably could have gotten it later at a local retail store.  Stores are always getting shipments in once to twice a week.  Just depends on how bad and fast one wants the game I suppose.

Cheers 

P-4 3.0, 120 HD, BFG Geforce 6800GT OC/256, 2gig Dual DDR 400 (PC3200), WinXP-Home, SBLive, CD/DVD, Gigabyte 1000 Pro board w/FSB 800, AGP 8X, 2004 GT Edition, Intel 865PE chipset, DX-9.0c and cable ISP 3mb

• TaskyZZTaskyZZ Member Posts: 1,476

Man, there are stacks and stack of this game at the WalMart here. I just wish it had come on a DVD instead of 4 CDs.

• OrtisaiOrtisai Member Posts: 162
    well that and i just had $150 sittin in my paypal account..

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by TaskyZZ
    Man, there are stacks and stack of this game at the WalMart here. I just wish it had come on a DVD instead of 4 CDs.

yeah. There's a whole shelf of them at Best Buy and Wal Mart. Target had about 10 copies and EB and Babbages were out.

I wonder if anyone out there knows that other places besides game stores sell them too? hehe. But, seriously, I don't know where you live. But in Kansas City you wont have any problems.

But to answer your question, yes I think you paid a lot. You paid 5 bucks more than retail plus 15 to ship it next day.

Now, I don't know everywhere you looked so I couldn't tell you if everyone was sold out or not. But, if the game was released 2 weeks ago and you hadn't gotten it then, then I would assume putting a reserve down at a store for it and waiting another 4 days wouldn't have hurt.

Plus the money in a paypal account could be converted back to cash so you still could have taken 55 bucks out and had Paypal wired back into your Creditcard/checking account while you were waiting for a fresh shipment and still had 70 bucks left over for whatever.

That's what I would have done

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• MentatMentat Member UncommonPosts: 516

wow! you couldn't find a copy ANYWHERE? Do you live in the US? That's amazing. But, I understand it , WoW is awesome. My Orc Hunter Finally hit 30 last night. I'm hoping to get into some more PVP action now!

Yeah, prolly paid a tad much since it comes with a free month. But, hey if you are enjoying it then I say it's worth it.

Mentat

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

Well, the sooner you play WoW, the better you will be compared to all the people that are only getting WoW for Christmas. :)

Blizzard is gonna start shipping (hopefully) more copies of WoW before Christmas.  So imagine the first week after Christmas, there's gonna be thousands of newbies that are gonna play WoW for the first time.  You don't wanna be stuck with them in the starting city, you definatly want to be at least Level 10 by the time Christmas hits to get "in the game" as fast as possible. :)

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

I just hope the game you bought hadn't already been registered to the original user either....

because you can run in a whole lotta problems with that. For example:

Original Buyer: (dials up Blizzard). Hello, yes my name is John Doe and I think someone hijacked my account.

Blizzard Support: What was your account name?

Original Buyer: It was JohnnyJoons

Blizzard Support: Ok can you verify the orginal mailing address and zip code plus the email address that the account was initially sign up under?

Original Buyer: Yes, it was 123 Anywhere Plaza, Fredericksburg VA 22408. Email is [email protected]

Blizzard Support: Thank you. Can you verify your phone number?

Original Buyer: Yes. It's 540.555.8777

Blizzard Support: Thank you. One moment. Ok, can you verify the last four digits of the credit card used to set up your account?

Original Buyer: Yes, it's 4447

Blizzard Support: Thank you. I have reset the password and has been sent to [email protected]. If you have any further questions please contact us. Also to avoid 3rd parties from using your account I would suggest you to stay away from 3rd party software and remember, GMs will never ask for your password.

Original Buyer: Thanks!

Blizzard Support: You're Welcome. Once Again my name is Brad #44224 and was your technical support a pleasurable one?

Original Buyer: Yes, thanks!

You: (signing back on after owning it for 2 weeks): CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't log on anymore!! WTF?!?! Someone stole my pass!!!!!!!!

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783

Originally posted by En1Gma
    Originally posted by TaskyZZ

yeah. There's a whole shelf of them at Best Buy and Wal Mart. Target had about 10 copies and EB and Babbages were out.

I wonder if anyone out there knows that other places besides game stores sell them too? hehe. But, seriously, I don't know where you live. But in Kansas City you wont have any problems.

But to answer your question, yes I think you paid a lot. You paid 5 bucks more than retail plus 15 to ship it next day.

Now, I don't know everywhere you looked so I couldn't tell you if everyone was sold out or not. But, if the game was released 2 weeks ago and you hadn't gotten it then, then I would assume putting a reserve down at a store for it and waiting another 4 days wouldn't have hurt.

Plus the money in a paypal account could be converted back to cash so you still could have taken 55 bucks out and had Paypal wired back into your Creditcard/checking account while you were waiting for a fresh shipment and still had 70 bucks left over for whatever.

That's what I would have done

There EB here where I live was sold out for 2~4 days I think, Wal-Mart only had a dozen copies of WoW sitting around. But the store that had piles and piles of WoW was Future Shop!

• NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

eheheheeheh.

sorry i kinda find that sadistically funny :P.

My bad :P

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European
    Truly Loved: World of Warcraft

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European
    Truly Loved: World of Warcraft

• MerlyinMerlyin Member Posts: 19

Of Course it was worth it IT`s wow lol image

lol As to Finding it Funny so do i lol Love connections at EbGames lol

WoW - Kel'Thuzad - Human Warlock - Pamargen

There are 10 types of People in the World those that UnderStand Binary and those that Dont.
    Black holes are where god Divided by Zero

WoW - Kel'Thuzad - Human Warlock - Pamargen

There are 10 types of People in the World those that UnderStand Binary and those that Dont.
    Black holes are where god Divided by Zero

well i went back to him for a game time card (60 days)

But i do have one question, if you dont have a CC but have a game time card do you still need a CC or just the 60 day card?

• HawthornHawthorn Member UncommonPosts: 43

No you don't need a CC if you got a game card.

Ortisai

If I were you I would seriously suggest you to make him sign an agreement stating he has

1. Never opened the box

2. Never registered the game

Read my last statement int his thread. I know of at least 7 people who went through this. It's common for someone to sell a mmorpg (only to have registered it) and then "reactivate it" a month or so down the road. And since they were the original owners, you cannot do anything about it.

i got it and it was sealed, if you register it once it cant be again plus i got paypal buyer protection.  now since i have the game time card when i do register it i dont need the cc right?

plus the guy i bought from has 111 pos feedback with 100%. 

And yes, i could not find the game anywhere and both ebgames and gamestop were back ordered