Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stargate Worlds is DEAD!!!!!

Comments

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

I can't take any of this seriously.

Anyone with any proper sense would know better than to come to a public forum and write scathing, incendiary comments about a situation that has legal ramifications.

This is either slander or this is elemental stupidity in action.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by James009

First of all if even 1% of what SemperFiVet is saying is true then it's something to be watchful for. Don't lambast the guy for trying to expose this and quit it with the personal attacks. Most of you probably don't know about investing and investing in technology CAN be profitable... it just takes time. For example, I invested in Electronics Arts stock a little over three months ago with very good gains as their stock went up as I predicted (ignoring recent activity).

So, SemperFiVet is either a disgruntled employee or he is seriously trying to warn us, I think it's the latter. While I doubt too many people here were or are going to invest in something like Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment it's good that the word is at least out there. How else would someone get the word out? This is like a grassroots exposure campaign.

It does sound crooked. It sounds like mismanagement and that Whiting has been using some suspicious business practices. Its something that is become more and more common these days. Everyone has to be able to see all the cheap little games out there (that require some payment) that have risen due to the "Indie" age. Not all of them are good investments, not all of them are going to ketch, not all of them are even going to be managed correctly.

It'll be interesting to watch these developments and this topic.

Hey Jeff, could you post any relevent links?
    I found this interesting thread about Cheyenne Mountain melting down... http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/2620420

Exactly,

But as with many members here on these forums. They are just some sad people living in mommy's basement and are just wildly trolling the boards like chickens without their heads... like is pretty rampant lately.

If these trolls just googled, they would have found out within 5 mins that the OP is telling the truth and that something very fishy is going on. Wich we basically knew already. But what the OP brought in was sertainly an interesting read and some extra insight info.

And some other refreshing reminder for the trolls that love to personal attack everyone and anyone:

http://www.cme-skipped-payroll.com/

I don't know how it goes in the US. But with 90 days without payment, I would have been homeless by now. As banks are remorseless and kick you out if you can't pay your mortage. Family with kids or not.

But then again, here in Europe when a company fails to pay their employees would have been charged and filed bankrupt by now and employees supported by the government with Social Security.

Cheers

• porovaaraporovaara Member Posts: 48

This MMO looks awesome, where do I signup?

Do I get to be a Ponzi?

• James009James009 Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by porovaara

This MMO looks awesome, where do I signup?

Do I get to be a Ponzi?

Were you in "Happy Days"?

• rr2realrr2real Member Posts: 448

bro you should get a job writing stories cause that's a good story you just bullshitted

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518
    Originally posted by Loke666

Sorry Semper but MMOs are about the worst investment you can make, only a few of them actually earns money.
     But even companys like Mythic and Funcom ain't doin particulay well,.

just thought I would point out Funcom is doing better than most think, just because AoC didn't do well means they are bad off they still have a ton of subscribers playing Anarchy Online

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• WarsongWarsong Member Posts: 563
    Originally posted by Guillermo197

Originally posted by James009

First of all if even 1% of what SemperFiVet is saying is true then it's something to be watchful for. Don't lambast the guy for trying to expose this and quit it with the personal attacks. Most of you probably don't know about investing and investing in technology CAN be profitable... it just takes time. For example, I invested in Electronics Arts stock a little over three months ago with very good gains as their stock went up as I predicted (ignoring recent activity).

So, SemperFiVet is either a disgruntled employee or he is seriously trying to warn us, I think it's the latter. While I doubt too many people here were or are going to invest in something like Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment it's good that the word is at least out there. How else would someone get the word out? This is like a grassroots exposure campaign.

It does sound crooked. It sounds like mismanagement and that Whiting has been using some suspicious business practices. Its something that is become more and more common these days. Everyone has to be able to see all the cheap little games out there (that require some payment) that have risen due to the "Indie" age. Not all of them are good investments, not all of them are going to ketch, not all of them are even going to be managed correctly.

It'll be interesting to watch these developments and this topic.

Hey Jeff, could you post any relevent links?
    I found this interesting thread about Cheyenne Mountain melting down... http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/2620420

Exactly,

But as with many members here on these forums. They are just some sad people living in mommy's basement and are just wildly trolling the boards like chickens without their heads... like is pretty rampant lately.

If these trolls just googled, they would have found out within 5 mins that the OP is telling the truth and that something very fishy is going on. Wich we basically knew already. But what the OP brought in was sertainly an interesting read and some extra insight info.

And some other refreshing reminder for the trolls that love to personal attack everyone and anyone:

http://www.cme-skipped-payroll.com/

I don't know how it goes in the US. But with 90 days without payment, I would have been homeless by now. As banks are remorseless and kick you out if you can't pay your mortage. Family with kids or not.

But then again, here in Europe when a company fails to pay their employees would have been charged and filed bankrupt by now and employees supported by the government with Social Security.

Cheers

I fully support these 2 replies and thx for the info SemperFIVet as there are investors and plenty of others that read and research here who could use this information to avoid some of  the "pot holes" in the road . And any who this can effect can take your information and then help verify it's validity.

With any public community that passes information-communication via forums you will usually get a handful of people who try and tell you what to post or not to post because they believe themselves to be some authority. They often use terms like "we" when they are only speaking for themselves. Some of them even work for some of these companies and try to cover up things from getting public since they can't just come out and say who they really are lest they get found out and fired, or stir up a public PR nightmare. I personally know this for a fact, employees from SOE have done this to keep their company heads and share holders from finding out information regarding customer relations (trivial as it may be compared to what you have described SemperFIVet). I would welcome SOE to try and sue me for slander on this note.......

Just some other good info to know when dealing with posters attacking you for no good reason other than a possible cover up. But most of them are just plain filled with ignorance and trying to look and feel important or knowledgeable and are self deluded to the point they believe they speak for the entire public-community.

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

I feel sad for people investing in MMO's.  What a way of wasting money.   Anyway the first rule of investing: Don't invest money you need.    You take some rick, for a oportunity of profit,  as a side effect you are building economy, that is good for us all.  But the MMO busines is really hard, so more people fail than win.   So you have around a XX% to lost your money. (what the XX is, I don't know). 

Since the game is in development, as the beta players say, the money is not lost .. yet, so QQing no make no sense. Wait till something official is anounced. 

• WayshubaWayshuba Member UncommonPosts: 72

So I did some searching based on this information and this link is what I found...

http://patrickpretty.com/2009/03/19/breaking-news-friedman-warned-guenther-about-his-behavior-prior-to-meeting-with-asd-prosecutor-document-says/

I am really sorry for your loss, but after some research, noted above, this thread really needs to be removed.

• DkompozeDkompoze Member UncommonPosts: 245

Stargate dead ? It was never alive

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by Wayshuba

So I did some searching based on this information and this link is what I found...
    http://patrickpretty.com/2009/03/19/breaking-news-friedman-warned-guenther-about-his-behavior-prior-to-meeting-with-asd-prosecutor-document-says/
    I am really sorry for your loss, but after some research, noted above, this thread really needs to be removed.

I agree, this is not something that should even be discussed on these forums.  Why the OP thinks coming here and posting about this is a little bewildering.   Plus it looks like he himself might still be under investigation in Arizona for harrassment charges.

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495
    Originally posted by Czzarre

You are making a big assumption that anyone on these boards have money for investment
    Most of us barely afford the dollar menu

Speak for yourself. I can afford the $1.99 menu.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

If anyone is interested in what's happening there's no need to google it or even leave this site, this is a good place to start click. Then move on to the SGW forums on this site, all the information is here and has been/is being discussed. Much of what Semper says I have confirmed through other sources or they've just posted here in the SGW forums. I'm not going to say he's speaking the gosspel truth or anything but you should read through the info here on MMORPG.com, look it up yourself and then draw your own conclusions.

As for a CME being a ponzi scheme, it depends on wether there was ever any intent to actually release a game. As I believe Whiting's inner circle has made cash from investors before now, but I'd say it was more a plain scam than a Ponzi scheme. However why argue semantics when Whiting set up a pyramid scheme in the office above CME based around the unreleased SGW?

But don't let myself or Robert here sway you, read the forums here and click on some links and come to your own conclusion.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Originally posted by koopa11988
     Someone doesnt know how what a ponzi scheme is....

Regardless of what happens to Starget Worlds, it most definitely wasn't a ponzi scheme.

Correct. The definition of a ponzi scheme is that it attracts more victims by using principle to pay what appears to be generous interest. Unless Stargate Worlds was paying its investors dividends before it ever launched, it wasn't a ponzi scheme.

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Originally posted by SemperFiVet
    A typical reply from a internet genius with little or no real world experience. And you will have to excuse my typing, I took Football, girls and fast cars in high school and college, not typing..

<snip>

Pity you didn't take finance or law, either.

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949

What is this guy hoping to accomplish by ranting to a bunch of gamer nerds?

Seriously.

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949
    Originally posted by ianubisi

I can't take any of this seriously.
    Anyone with any proper sense would know better than to come to a public forum and write scathing, incendiary comments about a situation that has legal ramifications.
    This is either slander or this is elemental stupidity in action.

Exactly.  Every word he typed (even if deleted) are now public record or one subpoena away.

• KyriesunsetKyriesunset Member Posts: 162

Okay we have posts disappearing like Casper the ghost on this thread – I know I was up and posted some intelligent shit and now it’s gone.

Again, much of what Bob says is indeed true. The offices are nearly empty, and they did consolidated the studios personnel. Nobody that is left can make a game – especially with all the battlefield promotions that took place in the spring.

The code base for Stargate Worlds is broken! They let the interns and unqualified programmers work on the game and now nothing works. Because of this, they stopped working on Stargate Worlds and are concentrating on Deadlands with what few people they have left.

Bob is concerned because of his own losses, and the fact that Whiting is still out trying to gather funds from unknowing investors. They are still pushing MMOGULS, but with their main product Stargate Worlds never coming out…. Isn’t that illegal? Hell yes.

Bob, what are your plans? Are you going to litigate Whiting? You should, he got you to invest in MMOGULS or CME when he knew damn well that the game wasn’t coming out in April/May. Subpoena the company’s e-maill or deposition the employees. Have you contacted Nedra about teaming up with her? What can you really do to help the investors and employees?

• sgman7sgman7 Member Posts: 31

SemperFiVet is Bob Guenther!!!!  What a joke - If he hadn't signed his name, I would have believed what he wrote because it sounds credible - but alas - he signed his name.  The one person who is more of a crook than Gary or Fred is Bob.  He has been on a self appointed mission to destroy Stargate Worlds since the day Gary and Fred kicked him out of the building.  With him as the author - who knows what if any of  his rantings is trueful and what is malicious lies.

• koopa11988koopa11988 Member Posts: 68

The OP made a second thread with the same title and message. 

And the same bad grammer and unfounded accusations.  Honestly when he called it a ponzi scheme I tuned out right there. Then I kept coming back for laughs when he claimed to be a high speed investor; yet put money into an mmo, didnt know what a ponzi scheme was, etc. I keep checking back just hoping the OP posts more stuff out of his ass so I can get a chuckle.

• DemonizedDemonized Member Posts: 19

so is micheal jackson

• sgman7sgman7 Member Posts: 31

I made some calls and got some facts.    Couldn't find anything out about MMOGULS - no one will talk or no one knows anything..  About CME - it is still moving forward, but has definitely had funding problems big time - Bob would like to take credit for destroying the company, but the economy has done the most damage.  Despite not being employed, there are still several employees cranking out work every day.  CME is not a Ponzi - no investor has received any return on their money and didn't expect to until the game launched.  If CME can raise the money, the game can get completed and investor will do ok.  if they don't raise funds (as Bob is trying to cause) then everyone will lose everything.  Bob and the economy will hold far more blame than Gary or Fred for CME's demise.  of course, they caused their own problems.

• doobsterdoobster Member Posts: 736
    Originally posted by Demonized

so is micheal jackson

loool! i read every post and I have to say, epic payout at the end of this thread with your post.  You just saved the thread... bravo!!

• yellowperilyellowperil Member Posts: 101

I dont know about you lot but I am finding this fascinating.

I also dont know about the legal standpoint, maybe I am getting something mixed up or wrong but from what I have read so far.

1-40 mil from mormon friends

2-10 mil from people involved in creating game (senior management and possibly the stars of the show)

3-20 mil from people that invested in a GW comp and not CME, to get a piece of the CME pie, but through a 3rd party.

This 20 mil I take it was basically a form of being able to accept money into a another company that could be legally invested in anything but CME, but give those investors the feeling they were buying into the slice of the game StargateWorlds, when the people at that company knew the invested funds would not go into CME.

Now if I understand correctly all this money was to invest in a game called StargateWolrds, it was not invested to make other companies like 'Superstition Studios' or 'Hand Cranked Games', I can understand the creation of a publishing house, but not the other two.  Also to have the money people have invested in StargateWolds to be used for other projects, no matter how viable but have nothing to do with StargateWorlds, seems to me very unlawful.

I am really suprised at the number of company names created and supposedly connected to CME, that are not truely connected, for example 'Cheyenne Mountain Games', this has nothing to do with CME or stargateworlds, but was created by GW so he could "LINK" possible non funded CME projects to look like they are all one big company.

The whole thing has become so twisted and so convoluted no one knows what companies do what, what companies belong to whom (well GW, but how was he allowed to run rampant creating as many alias'  this isnt a website url domain).

What will become of StargateWorlds, when everyone invested ONLY IN THIS GAME.

Some answers I would like to know.

1-Who owns Firesky?

2-Who owns the IP now? (Firesky or CME)

3-If CME dies will Firesky be able to carry on the IP with another Developer House?

4-Will CME and FIRESKY get into a fistycuffs over StargateWorlds.

The last question is the most important, we all know what happens when the Developer tries to go it alone without the publisher who holds the IP, think Stargate:Alliance, it was found that JoWood didnt have the rights to SG IP, and when he tried to drop the perception publisher, they shot themselves in the foot and basically MGM stepped in pulled the IP from them, it took a 2 years court battle, but JoWood eventually admitted they didnt have the IP at the time, and is still under investigation about fooling people into believing he had, taking investors money and so forth, even though he knew at the time he did not have that IP.

This all seems to ring true again, since back in April 2008, Firesky boasts ion a press release it now has the publishing rights to the SG IP for StargateWorlds.  Now does this mean that CME has just become the developing house to produce the code for Firesky.  CME cannot publish the game because Firesky has the publishing rights, even if CME wanted to publish the game they would not be able to.

This raises the next question (for me anyways), was Firesky created to move assets away from certain individuals and create a buffer company, so that if things went wrong all the code and hardware, etc will be safe.  Having looked at Firesky, I can see the main people at the top are similar to CME, but different in the sense that they are all from the games industry, unlike CME that seems to be a list of who could get there names on the dotted line before anyone else.

I know this is all specualtion, but I would seriously like to know the answers to these questions.

This discussion has been closed.