Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The game that EVE wishes it could be.

PuoltryPuoltry Member Posts: 956

www.egosoft.com

This game maybe a standalone offline game but it is EVERYTHING eve SHOULD be.It has a dynamic economy a deep storyline,player made scripts you can down load to make it even more interesting.You can build space stations,pilot multiple ships at the same time and yes even do missions if that is your desire.

CCP pay attention to your competition a online version is in the works as well.

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

Dont start a guild and dont be a leader or volunteer to be coleader or captain.

Just play the damn game:)

Comments

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by Puoltry

www.egosoft.com

This game maybe a standalone offline game but it is EVERYTHING eve SHOULD be.It has a dynamic economy a deep storyline,player made scripts you can down load to make it even more interesting.You can build space stations,pilot multiple ships at the same time and yes even do missions if that is your desire.

You can build Stations in EVE, why would you pilot multiple ships at the same time? Thats what a Corp (Guild is for), and you can do missions in EVE.

check out the EVE forums...many present players are former egosoft players.

Not saying egosoft sucks...but saying I dont realy see a die hard competition there as they both utilize the same ideas.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• PuoltryPuoltry Member Posts: 956

So Shiva has been released then?It was my understanding that would not be implemented until Shiva.Im pretty sure that cant do that atm in eve.

You wouldnt want to pilot multiple battleships in real time?This would make for a very effective piracy career wouldnt it?

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

• fastgreygtfastgreygt Member Posts: 10

You can not build stations in EVE yet. And in Shiva you still won't be able to. They will be player ownable structures that can be used for specfic tasks.

http://www.eve-online.com/features/shiva/deployables/

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115
    I believe the devs have said they want to put player made stations in haven't they.  Who knows when that would be on Tranquility though.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• bunnyhopbunnyhop Member Posts: 7

The only two things players can put into space (besides jettisoned cargo) is containers and warp destabilier fields. I don't even think shiva will allow station creation...merely station ownership.

• ArgeanArgean Member Posts: 126

True you can not build stations. Shiva will add buildable structures that are more like an outpost then a station. But can have all the same options that stations do now. Also currently there are player controlled stations out in 0.0 space.

Yes you can pilot multiple ships in Eve but like any MMORPG it requires you to have multiple accounts.

Argean...... Caldari
    Rebel Mining Guild
    Eve-Online

Eve-Online

• HeartlandHeartland Member Posts: 103

You wouldnt want to pilot multiple battleships in real time?This would make for a very effective piracy career wouldnt it?

Why would people want to pilot multiple ships at the same time? I wouldn't, anymore than I would want to fly multiple aircraft at the same time in a flight sim. I simply don't understand why this would be a selling point...?
  • tck_tokyotck_tokyo Member Posts: 125

Originally posted by Heartland

Why would people want to pilot multiple ships at the same time? I wouldn't, anymore than I would want to fly multiple aircraft at the same time in a flight sim. I simply don't understand why this would be a selling point...?

Hahahahahahahahaha, that's pretty much exactly what I was thinking. Unless it's a straight up classic RTS or very similar you don't want to try to man more than one ship at the same time, as this lowers the complexity of what you can do with the one you have. Plus it removes that feeling of realism.

---

EVE-Addict
    Anjelle [Freelancer Union]

---

I love rain, the color gray, and small apartments.
    I hate CS, the term n00b and this thing --> ^^
    But that's just me.

---

---

But that's just me.

• HubabubaHubabuba Member Posts: 229
    How could this game be what Eve wanted to be?  Its got no PvP and PvP is what Eve is all about. 

• RhamosRhamos Member Posts: 4
    One cannot compare a standalone offline game with a MMORG. They are just totally different in every way.

• ballist1cballist1c Member Posts: 5

okay so im an avid space sim fan.... i loved Freespace series... and i loved priviteer.... i also went out and bought X-2: the Threat.... with a force feed back joystick...

I have to admit though, even though the game is 'pretty', its not well made, it becomes boring, and tedious, not to mention it doesnt really let u dog fight too well.... im not trying to defend EVE, but i am trying to make sure no one buys this average product....

Well i found eve to be as exciting as watching paint dry.If you got bored with x2 then you didnt play it enough.
    The thing with x2 is that not everything is spelled out for you.Its pretty much an open ended scenario.You can do whatever you want for the most part.

Ive tried eve 3 times and it just bored me to death.The one thing i couldnt get over was no matter what i did to AVOID mining at the start it was inevitably the best way to make big credits fast.The last time i played it i did countless missions for agents and it just did not pay out enough.

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

• ballist1cballist1c Member Posts: 5

Or did u consider that maybe x2 wasnt my cup-o-tea? and EVE isnt yours... lets just leave it at that....  I just didnt like it, it just didnt offer enough dog fighting flexibility.

www.vendetta-online.com

Im not trying to defend eve either im just trying to get people to not buy THAT below average product as well.

(btw ill be trying out vendetta as well)

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

• grove123grove123 Member Posts: 38

i think EVE is the game EVE wishes it can be.

Meaning after 2 years of development, its only like 1/2 way of what the Devs wanted in the first place.

----------

played the demo. Ya its boring. But wow, i wish half the stuff this game has was in EVE. EVE in some way does wish to be like this game. Some of the rules, like dropping shields to open cargo bay or communication between NPC, are cool. Plus this game really does the whole, make money and form an armada or corporation.

• tck_tokyotck_tokyo Member Posts: 125

Well i found eve to be as exciting as watching paint dry.If you got bored with x2 then you didnt play it enough.
    The thing with x2 is that not everything is spelled out for you.Its pretty much an open ended scenario.You can do whatever you want for the most part.
    Ive tried eve 3 times and it just bored me to death.The one thing i couldnt get over was no matter what i did to AVOID mining at the start it was inevitably the best way to make big credits fast.The last time i played it i did countless missions for agents and it just did not pay out enough.

I love it when people comment on things they have no idea about. If you've tried EVE three times and you still think the only way to make good cash is by mining then you must be mentally unstable, or have a similar issue. You need to go read the giant misconception of EVE thread.

---

---

But that's just me.

---

---

But that's just me.

• Originally posted by Puoltry

www.egosoft.com

FREELANCER is a far better game than EgoSoft aka X2 or whatever its name is.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/67830366/67854619mGgMmC

http://community.webshots.com/s/image5/5/46/49/67854649WrhKtC_fs.jpg

http://community.webshots.com/album/67830366KKxKMf

Freelancer might not have a better in game economy, or allow building of spacestations, but Freelancer allows you to kill other players, and spetacular space combat. Plus battle the NPC AI which at times can be very difficult as swarms of them battle you, firing different types of missles, laying mines, and far, far, more. The game never gets boring.

EvE Online is closer to Freelancer, but better since the EvE Galaxy is a bit bigger than the Freelancer galaxy. EvE also takes PvP aka fighting other players to a modern level.

EgoSoft is simply an exact copy of HOMEWORLD but with updated graphics. Heck, HOMEWORLD is still better than EgoSoft/X2 imageimage

=========================
    ======= SIGNATURE =========

MMORPG games I've played:
    ---------------------------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor

Star Wars Galaxies:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/capt_xplororor

More games:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01

EVE Online !!!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sica_xol_archives01

DAoC (coming soon)
    ---------------------------

• hydrithhydrith Member Posts: 7

Don't you even dare putting Freelancer up against EVE.  The games are completely different.  It's like trying to compare X2 to JetFighter.  The games are so different that you cannot compare the two in nearly the same terms.

Oh sure, they are both sims, but there is a huge difference.  Freelancer is a game where you sit behind a ship for the whole game, not doing anything but that.  Combat is also so simple that it reaches the point of BORING to those of us who place space sims.  Freelancer, in effect, is a good space sim for newbies or for simplified gamers.

And X2 is definitely not a game to compare to EVE.  Sure, you can do just about everything that you like to, but comparing an MMO to a single player game just doesn't work.  In fact, trying to make you look more like an idiot.  X2 is a fine game, far better than Freelancer, but it just doesn't comare.

EVE, if you ask me, is by far one of the best MMOs that I have played, mainly because it sits apart from all other MMOs.  Not only is it a space MMO, but it's one of a few that relies almost completely on character made items.  In some ways, this comparison places EVE alongside games like Horizons, where 90 percent of items are built by other characters.  It makes the game better for all players, and gives players more to do.

This is my opinion, and I could be wrong.

MMOs:

Playing:
    City of Heroes
    Star Wars: Galaxies
    EVE-Online
    Horizons

Retired:
    Planetside
    DAoC
    FF XI (gave it away...too much to download)
    Everquest

MMOs:

Playing:
    World of Warcraft
    Hellgate: London
    Planetside

Retired:
    Everquest (1 and 2)
    RF-Online
    Lineage 2
    Auto Assault
    Dungeon Runners
    Face of Mankind
    Rangarok Online
    DAoC
    FF XI (gave it away...too much to download}

• ArteanArtean Member UncommonPosts: 215

Originally posted by Hubabuba
    How could this game be what Eve wanted to be?  Its got no PvP and PvP is what Eve is all about. 

Yup, agree. In addition, not only PvP in the sense of combat but to have player vs player interaction on almost all aspects of the game. Quite hard to compare the two of them due to the simple fact that X2 is a single player and EVE a mmorpg.

When in doubt, troll.

• Originally posted by hydrith

Don't you even dare putting Freelancer up against EVE.  The games are completely different.  It's like trying to compare X2 to JetFighter.  The games are so different that you cannot compare the two in nearly the same terms.

I wish you would state who you are responding to.

If it was to me, re-read where I said:

"EvE Online is closer to Freelancer, but better "

EvE comes closer to being like Freelancer instead of like X2, out of those two games. The only thing I said Freelancer was better than was... EgoSoft aka X2

And X2 is definitely not a game to compare to EVE. 

You now need to mention the name of the original maker of this tread since that is who this statement of yours is directed to.

EVE, if you ask me, is by far one of the best MMOs that I have played, mainly because it sits apart from all other MMOs.  Not only is it a space MMO, but it's one of a few that relies almost completely on character made items.  In some ways, this comparison places EVE alongside games like Horizons, where 90 percent of items are built by other characters.  It makes the game better for all players, and gives players more to do.

I agree. And a better comparison to a game with 90% to 95% character made items would be...... SWG aka Star Wars Galaxies. It was one of the first ever MMORPGs in which the best items in the game litterally did not exist for the first 6 months the game was out because the player crafters were not yet veteran enough. imageimage

This is my opinion, and I could be wrong.

MMOs:

Playing:
    City of Heroes
    Star Wars: Galaxies

Hey, you have SWG listed as being played by you right now? LOL! Then you should know about SWG's 95% player made items and player economy. imageimage

EVE-Online
    Horizons

Retired:
    Planetside
    DAoC
    FF XI (gave it away...too much to download)
    Everquest

======= SIGNATURE =========
    Personal Website (work in progress):
    http://www.geocities.com/xplororor/index.html

MMORPG games I've played:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor

Star Wars Galaxies:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/capt_xplororor

More games:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01

EVE Online !!!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sica_xol_archives01

DAoC (coming soon)

• AlkatrazAlkatraz Member Posts: 119
    Don't confuse ownable structures with player made stations....Shiva will give us the oportunity to build structures but they are far away from being called stations