Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eve Macros

strutter78strutter78 Member Posts: 90

Hello again folks,

Been playing for 12 days now and enjoying the game, but have a couple more quick questions.....

1) Are macros legal ingame?

2) And if they are...does anyone have a good targeting macro for combat? The targeting system in EvE is somewhat confusing (for me) without a "tab" for "target next" and in combat I find myself hitting the wrong drop downs.

As always, any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

"I'm a Alpha male on Beta blockers"-The Immortal George Carlin

RIP
Ronnie James Dio 2010(The greatest Voice in Rock)

Comments

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981
    Originally posted by strutter78

Hello again folks,
     Been playing for 12 days now and enjoying the game, but have a couple more quick questions.....
    1) Are macros legal ingame?
    2) And if they are...does anyone have a good targeting macro for combat? The targeting system in EvE is somewhat confusing (for me) without a "tab" for "target next" and in combat I find myself hitting the wrong drop downs.
    As always, any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

While I can't answer with certainty about #1, I can possibly help with #2.

Instead of right-clicking the target in the overview and then choosing your action. Just hold ctrl+left-click. This will automatically start targeting that ship/object.

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• NasirJNasirJ Member UncommonPosts: 164

Macros are illegal in eve. Although hard to trace, a good portion of the population use them everyday. Macro miners, macro salvagers, even macro ratters.

You could essentially make a targeting macro or if its that huge of a issue get a passive targeter.

• NicksdNicksd Member Posts: 403

It's called a Dominix and drones. Only "legal" way to afk and do missions :).

• strutter78strutter78 Member Posts: 90

Thanks for the quick replies...

ctrl+left click......on the ship or anywhere on the screen?

passive targeter....fitting for the ship or a mod?

Thanks again

RIP

• NicksdNicksd Member Posts: 403

Thanks for the quick replies...
    passive targeter....fitting for the ship or a mod?
    Thanks again

Ctrl + left click the ships to auto target

Passive targeter is a fitting.

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981

I ctrl+left-click on the ship's icon in the Overview pane on the right-hand side.

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700
    Originally posted by Nicksd

It's called a Dominix and drones. Only "legal" way to afk and do missions :).

Misleading answer ftw.

Even in a domi you aren't REALLY AFK when doing missions.   Well.. not if you don't want to either lose your drones or get too much aggro and go "KERPOW" or both ;)

Some missions you can do it... others.... not really :)

And, yes, I can fly a fully T2 fitted Domi... matter of fact I even recommend a few low cost faction mods for it.... but you can't REALLY afk through missions in one.   You have to watch your drones in most of them either cuz they'll pull to much aggro or they'll pop the trigger spawns in the wrong order or the rats will aggro on the drones and kill them.

As to the original question:

Macros are illegal and a violation of the EULA.  Do people use them anyway?  Yup... do people who get caught get banned?  Yup...

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• strutter78strutter78 Member Posts: 90

Thanks again for all the replies folks....I do appreciate it...another quick question along the same lines(targeting) how does the "auto target back" option in the settings work? Does it target ships that have you locked or are firing at you? Is it worth using?

Thanks

RIP

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Thanks again for all the replies folks....I do appreciate it...another quick question along the same lines(targeting) how does the "auto target back" option in the settings work? Does it target ships that have you locked or are firing at you? Is it worth using?
    Thanks

If someone target you, you will automatically be targeting them. It's not worth using. In the end you will want to pick you targets yourself.

And,uhm , besides that it may also get you concorded. Some random funny person targets you, you lock automatically on them. And you mistakenly take them for a targetted rat.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• DonTrumpDonTrump Member Posts: 104

Join channel macrointel if you want to kill some macro users ;)