Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was Ready To Try This

DosskaDosska Member Posts: 53

This game seems to have some cool ideas. I was about to try it then I went to the wiki site and read that you can buy game money with real money. Kind of ruined it for me. Oh well.

Comments

• zangetzanget Member Posts: 1

Don't let the money purchase thing deter you from trying the game. This is not like a cash mall where if you don't spend 100s of bucks a week you can't compete. Anything and everyhting in this game is made from scratch. Mobs don't drop loot, coins or items. You kill a deer, you get hide to make leather to make leather armor etc...

I've been playing this game for few months and have not had any need for money. I've actualy made few bucks selling stuff in game. I won't lie to you, the economy is not robust where you can trade your wares easily, the population is not there yet, but there is demand for certain items.

The only thing you will have to have coins for is a homestead or  a village deed/upkeep. You may be required to contribute to your village's upkeep (if you join a village which I highly recommend), but that only adds up to a buck or two a month.  There is  free trial on one of the servers (Golden Valley), has a skill cap but no time limit. Won't cost you a dime to try. The game is JAVA based so there is no big download either. Some graphic and log files only I think.

You will be totaly lost when you start this game, may cause you to pull your hair and jump out the window, so allow for a little time to figure out the mechanics.

• GurubearGurubear Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by Dosska

This game seems to have some cool ideas. I was about to try it then I went to the wiki site and read that you can buy game money with real money. Kind of ruined it for me. Oh well.

The only thing you HAVE to pay for is premium time - assuming you want to go premium of course!

Some players buy silver from the shop to purchase village deeds - but a deed is not needed to build your house, you can just do that.

And silver wont really buy you skills and so forth. Some would argue that buying a better axe will help you get your wood chopping skill up - but mostly what gets the skill up is chopping a lot of wood, to be honest!

There are plenty of players who never buy silver with Euros. One of my favourite Mayors, Jyin, bought and built her size 10 village purely by making and selling tools and other stuff in game. It took her some time, but she was determined to do it that way just for the fun of it.

There is no jealousey in the game between those who have loads of money and those who dont - it just is not that sort of game.

There is respect for players who have loads of skills - though to be honest, for most that is so they can ask them advice on doing stuff.  There is a lot of that sort of conversation in game.

The other important thing about being able to buy silver is that it allows players who may not have as much free time to play as they would like, to pay upkeep on their village and so on. I am like that (Devs dont get villages for free - we have to buy our own). I dont have the time to earn money, I simply do not play enough. Buying a bit of silver allows me to pay upkeep on my village which stops it from decaying. But I choose to do that - I dont have to.

So, forget about the money side, it is really low priority and low profile in the game!

Sound and Music for anything