Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Non-Combative Classes

Non-Combative Classes

Comments

• andmillerandmiller Member Posts: 374

What even remote indication do you have that they will include classes that are non-combat focused?  Nothing released has mentioned anything like that......

• gilbert45885gilbert45885 Member Posts: 23

Read and understand the poll question, If there was to be a non-combative class!!!

• AeraizedAeraized Member Posts: 30

Merchant.

Most people I know that do craft, often make Alts to sell things on. Bazaar/Auction.

It use to happen a lot more in the older games, purely because of inventory space.

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835

Pilot or merchant for me.

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• ghost047ghost047 Member UncommonPosts: 597
    Originally posted by andmiller

What even remote indication do you have that they will include classes that are non-combat focused?  Nothing released has mentioned anything like that......

Maybe the forums make you feel like a genius, but that pretty much it!

Get a life you freaking Gamer.....no no, you don't understand, I'm a Gamer, I have many lives!!

• demalusdemalus Member Posts: 401

I voted for engineer....but...

there is clearly nothing heroic about non-combat, and therefore not worthy of gracing this game.

• Embry77Embry77 Member UncommonPosts: 47

I said pilot flying/combatt in space would just be to much fun

• IlvaldyrIlvaldyr Member CommonPosts: 2,142

Given the sci-fi scope, I'd go with Engineer .. but I don't think that it would necessarily be a non-combat class.

Lots of droids to control, equipment to tinker with (and boobytrap) and such.

Playing: EVE, Final Fantasy 13, Uncharted 2, Need for Speed: Shift
  • RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

There won't be any non combative classes.. Bioware at E3 has stated this game is like putting KoTOR 3, KoTOR 4, KoTOR 5, etc etc all in one game with internet play..   No one want to buy a CoTOR  (crafter of the old republic) single player RPG game, therefore it's not here..  Sorry to burst any bubbles..

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

As far as if, and I mean fantasy, dream-mode IF, I would love to see crafting and entertaining as independent professions. I always will support more choices for players that would allow more flexibility in playstyle. However, TOR will be sticking with 8 Iconic classes (their words, not mine) that will be for heroic, story driven adventures. Think KoToR mmo style. There will be little in the secondary non-combatant professions if offered, especially if RMT will be in the mix.

I believe those interested in pilot (simulated flight) would want combat to be part of of a secondary profession. I also am not dismissing the possibility that well developed space combat may make an appearance in the game at some later date.

• PersephassaPersephassa Member Posts: 223

Entertainer. Although a mix of entertainer & melee would be nice. In SWG I was Dancer/Tera Kasi most of the time.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

DANCER! YAY :D

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• KrayfishKrayfish Member UncommonPosts: 147

Even though the likelihood of having non combative classes is very low, if i had to choose it would most likely be merchant, but even then it's hard to say if any of those would be fitting for the game seeing as we have no idea how it will play.

• John.A.ZoidJohn.A.Zoid Member Posts: 1,531

I think they'll just add pilot and crafting progression to the character.

• HypeHype Member CommonPosts: 270

If they did a non-combat class, I'd like certain things that we've seen everyone do in the movies be available to everyone.  That includes being a pilot and being a merchant.

I'd like to see a Noble/Diplomat/Senator/Commander type class that could hobnob and basically farm parties for xp and pets and such.  That could be kinda cool, and very reminicent of Leia and Ackbar.

On the evil side an Engineer that does more droid-crafting type stuff could be an interesting alternate pet class.

The Illusion of Choice

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

I doubt there will be any non combat classes, but non combat skills will be in the game. That much they have stated. If you don't like fighting games and things like dancing appeals to you, try Second Life.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• takayitakayi Member Posts: 158

TBH, a non-combat class sounds just stupid.

There offcourse could be e.g. an entertainer or dancer or something like that, but then again... no.