Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So im going to finally try it !

Syphin_BSyphin_B Member UncommonPosts: 340

After years and years in and out of every MMO possible and just outright being disapointed in WAR, im finally heading to FFXI cause it seems like FFIV has sparked everybody's interest yet again and also mine.

Now i'll say im not much of a FF fanatic but i do like online gaming and MMORPG's in general. I have no clue about this sub-class system but i will say this.. i enjoy healing. Im willing to head into this game for a great group experiance and meeting new friends. More or less im getting into this because its the only thing i havent tried and maybe this will peak my interest.

ANY help would be appreciated and it seems like you guys are a helpful community.

Oh yea 1 more question.. i have my CD-key.. must i d/l the trial before i even create my account?

Comments

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Just keep in mind that if you choose to start off as a WHM, its very very slow!  It'll take 10x more time to lvl up to 10 solo than most other jobs.  Though once you get to the dunes and start doing full parties it where it shines!

Take the time though to explore and kill lots of enemies and sell things on the AH to afford your spells and basic gear!  WHM doesn't need the best gear when heading to the dunes like other jobs, but they do need their spells so make sure you get them! 

• RyonoxRyonox Member UncommonPosts: 64

Welcome to FFXI, i normally dont post on these boards but as a long term player (since november 03) of this game i welcome you. FFXI is a fantastic community based group mmo, a bit grindy at times but even after many long years of extended play i still remember key moments in my time playing and will follow me through the years to come :). As stated above starting off as a healer might prove to be difficult at the start but dont let that discourage you! For once you hit the grouping levels (lvl 9) on my server you are most welcome among the ranks of new and old players alike :D. Last time i was in the dunes there was alot of people powerleveling which might make playing healer a little bit boring but it wont last. Wish you the best ^^ /salute

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Yeah everyone in FFXI is really friendly. A word of warning though is that it might seem out dated or weird. But it was great for it's time, and still is fun in my opinion. But yeah just keep in mind that FFXIV is on it's way so take FFXI for what it is. ^^

• RyonoxRyonox Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Originally posted by natuxatu

Yeah everyone in FFXI is really friendly. A word of warning though is that it might seem out dated or weird. But it was great for it's time, and still is fun in my opinion.

If you mean the graphics i still think they hold quite well with current technology, sure its not DX10 but it fits the style of the game perfectly ^^. Always get teary eyed when i walk into West Ronfaure and hear that music.

(edited for link to song <3)

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Damn you, thats good music!  Me loves it....ah can't wait until I finally return, hopefully soon!