Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The new idea

hello all. Just about 2 hours ago i had an idea, about making my own game, you know? i 'm sort of fed up with these new games coming out that say they're mmo's but really arent, they really just send you out on grind missions so you can level and get the next shiny set of armor and flashy new skill, buut i think i've grown to be bored of all thet. yesterday i read a topic on here about i think it was how new rp games like warhammer ( this person didn't point out warhammer or anything ) that have a lot of good content but dosent capitalize on the interaction with people. I WANT TO MAKE A ROLE PLAYING GAME THAT ISNT FOCUSED ON FLASHY MOVES AND GRINDING UNTIL YOUR LEVEL 60 JUST TO WEAR A HUNK OF JUNK PIECE OF ARMOR THAT SOME LEVEL 70 CAN MAKE FUN OF. I WANT TO MAKE A GAME WHERE YOU CAN INTERACT WITH OTHERS, WHERE PLAYERS CAN MAKE THIER OWN UNIQUE ITEMS AND THERE ISNT SOME RANDOM SHOP THAT SOMEHOW HAS INFINITE AMOUNTS OF AN ITEM. I WANT TO MAKE A GAME WHERE THE PVE AND PVP ISNT MADE SO EASY A CAVEMAN CAN DO IT BUT SO DIFFICULT THAT YOUR FORCED TO TEAM UP WITH OTHERS AND THINK OF A STRATEGICAL WAY TO KILL A DUNGEON MONSTER, WHERE YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO TALK TO OTHERS INSTEAD KNOWING EXACTLY WHAT TO DO.

aND I WANT TO MAKE A GAME THAT IS WORTH EVERYONES TIME AND I CAN LOOK BACK AND BE PROUD TO SAY I MADE IT. ok no more caps lock that was for all the people that view a topic and dont respond ( hopefully it worked ).

the reason i posted this here is because i have ideas but am not sure if they are good so for the next few days im going to make some topics and polls to see what people really want out of a role playing game. and thaen hopefeully i can work towards my goal.

but right now i want to some ideas random ideas like wat kind of mosters people would like to fight and what species you want to play in, or what your favorite scenery is, or what age do you to prefer to play in= colonial times, the future, chinese maeji era, what ever.

Im just begging everyone to go wild with your role playing ideas. But make it role playing related only because it took me like an hour to write this and i would hate for it to be removed.

CrossEmblem

Comments

• NeanderthalNeanderthal Member RarePosts: 1,861

Your use of capital letters has post-hypnotically compelled me to respond.

...must respond...

...respond...

Er, yeah, ok.  First off I should tell you that this section of the forums doesn't get a lot of activity.  You'd probably be better off posting this in the Pub. 

But I'll try to answer some of your questions.

What sorts of monsters would I like to fight?  Oh, you know; orcs, goblins, giants....the standard fantasy stuff.

What species do I want to play?  Oh, you know; Humans, elves, dwarfs...the standard fantaasy stuff.

Favorite scenery?  Um, forests, grassy meadows, mountains,  you know, the usual sort of thing.

What age or setting?  The typical dark ages / medievil type stuff.

Yeah, sorry, that's probably not what you were hoping for.  But honestly, I'm perfectly content with standard fantasy.  However, I do agree with what you said in the all capitals part of your post with some reservations because I can't tell precisely what you have in mind.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Let's hear some of your ideas on how you'd like to eliminate the level / experience / quest grind as well as the gear treadmill. Or how to make combat more tactical and less whack-a-mole numerical stat inflation.

I'm interested to see if you have any good ideas.

Please, however, use paragraphs and no caps lock, it hurt my head to read all that.

• crossemblemcrossemblem Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by heerobya

Let's hear some of your ideas on how you'd like to eliminate the level / experience / quest grind as well as the gear treadmill. Or how to make combat more tactical and less whack-a-mole numerical stat inflation.
    I'm interested to see if you have any good ideas.
    Please, however, use paragraphs and no caps lock, it hurt my head to read all that.

ok heero here it goes. before i didnt want to say anything out of paranoia that someone my steal the idea, but after thinking about it i dont care cause that means i get to play a game with all my ideas in it. so i'll answer one of your queries. i want elimminate level experience by 1. making it so that when you start the game you have no skills or stats and 2. making it so that you have to explore my world find your skills and stats in scrolls and magic urns, etc. i hate the non-realism of just killing a bunch of mosters and suddenly learning a new skill. i see it like this skills should be learned from books so soon as you find the book you get the skill and books will be scattered about the world. and if you fight enough monsters with that certain skill it becomes better. but skills isn't the focal point of my game role play is and i want to make skills that cater to that idea like an espionage skill that lets you listen to peoples conversations and things like that i'll elaborate on it tommorow in either this area or pub.

thanks all for the feedback, i would like more though

• crossemblemcrossemblem Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by Neanderthal

Your use of capital letters has post-hypnotically compelled me to respond.
    ...must respond...
    ...respond...
    Er, yeah, ok.  First off I should tell you that this section of the forums doesn't get a lot of activity.  You'd probably be better off posting this in the Pub. 
    But I'll try to answer some of your questions.
    What sorts of monsters would I like to fight?  Oh, you know; orcs, goblins, giants....the standard fantasy stuff.
    What species do I want to play?  Oh, you know; Humans, elves, dwarfs...the standard fantaasy stuff.
    Favorite scenery?  Um, forests, grassy meadows, mountains,  you know, the usual sort of thing.
    What age or setting?  The typical dark ages / medievil type stuff.
    Yeah, sorry, that's probably not what you were hoping for.  But honestly, I'm perfectly content with standard fantasy.  However, I do agree with what you said in the all capitals part of your post with some reservations because I can't tell precisely what you have in mind.

kk, thx for your feedback and in no way was that not what i wanted to hear. i wanted to know what you thought and you told me, so for that i thank you. on to my current thoughts. 1 your species are nice but my game will not feature orcs and goblins, in thier stead  i have put two other species in thier place one is my own unique species called qualu a sort of subterrenean mole/lizard person and another  unique character called a loquer wraith which is a being that culminates a legion of sicknesses in its body like smallpox and fevers and inflicts poison damage on its victims.

as for scenery/setting i'm leaning towards a conflicting world going towards the steam age but part of it is clinging to the miedevil age.

thanks for the feedback keep em comin