Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

* Military Members from across the globe, both past and present, who play or want to try EVE Online

SequenceLostSequenceLost Member UncommonPosts: 202

The Multinational Military Coalition

Who we are:

A laidback PVE-centric corporation created by and for active and prior military members from around the world with a focus on becoming a 100% neutral corporation and a well respected, non-aggressive, military based corporation within the EVE universe.

What we do:

Though a well rounded corporation who actively run L4 missions, and rat Sleepers, our background stems primarily from industrial corporations and mining operations.

Where are we located:

Headquarters in the Metropolis region of Minmatar space, we hold offices in multiple regions and are expanding monthly.

When do we play:

Our majority of forces are US based and generally play in the afternoons and evenings of PST-EST timezones. That said, we do have members who are currently from other countries or who are playing while currently deployed, so it is not uncommon to see members online 24/7.

Why are we seeking 100% neutrality:

As a non-aggressive corporation comprised of military members, we have many disabled veterans who, though capable of playing EVE, struggle to do so in as quickly a fashion as some of us enjoy. Since speed can be the difference between living and dying in EVE, the corporations that assist us, are effectively helping these vets by allowing them to enjoy some of the features that EVE has to offer while removing some of the worry about how their disability could otherwise restrict them from exploring these aspects of EVE.

What we Offer:

Active Wormhole Exploration

Community Hangers with access to ships, skills, fittings, and BPC's

Both new and experienced pilots

Free no waste refining of ore to members

A Ventrilo server for voice communications

A common respect for one another for the service you have provided to your country.

An overall respect from other Eve pilots who know that if you are with us, you have served your country.

Relative safety in some low-sec and null-sec systems due to the non-aggression pacts that some corporations have been kind enough to afford us

MMORPG Members who wish to try EVE Online

Contact me via PM with a valid email address and I will send you a 21 day trial key. This key offer 1 extra week of playtime over what EVE Online's website offers.

Potential Recruits

If you are interested in joining us, please feel free to reply to this thread, PM me, contact Eizmund Drohner by EVEmail, or join our community channel: VFW Corp for a chance to speak with some of our current members and receieve more information.

A very special note for Diplomats, CEO's, and members of other corporations

If you would like to help support the MMC in their quest to become 100% neutral please write Eizmund Drohner via evemail so we can establish a non-aggression pact with you, your corporation, or your alliance. Anyone that is willing to help us with this venture can request peacetime assistance from our members and will be greatly appreciated for their willingness to assist us in our goals.

The MMC realizes that corporations and alliances may wish to help us in our venture but do not wish for us to "intrude" on their mineral belts or rats within certain systems. If this is the case, once a pact has been created please let Eizmund Drohner know of any restrictions regarding specific systems that you control, preferrably by EVEmail, so that our members can be informed.

Comments

• LordmonkusLordmonkus Member Posts: 808

I wish you good luck in your endeavour. Should be fairly sucessful if you put the time into it. Eve has always seemingly drawn a good number of military type people. Its the strategy of the game I think over a persons raw reaction time and ability to move a mouse very quickly and accurately.

You should also find that Eve is a much easier game to control for someone with disabilities. As long as you got a good mind and can use a mouse you should be good. I played Eve for a few months with a severly broken left hand, only used mouse with the middle and index fingers on the left hand.

Don't know how new you are to Eve but just in case you are new let me welcome you to the game and have fun.

• SequenceLostSequenceLost Member UncommonPosts: 202

I personally have multiple years of experience with EVE so I am fully aware of its enjoyment.  In regards to your statment about your hand, coincidently enough I too am currently playing EVE with a broken left hand (damn st. patties day LOL) and by the sounds of it I am in the exactly the same situation as you were. 

My statement regarding disabilities however relates not only to those with temporary disabilities but primarily with our members who suffer from a slew of other combat related injuries that cause them not to be able to play as quickly as some other EVE online players.  Im sure you remember just how hard it was to truly enjoy EVE in its fullest when you only had your left index finger to use on the keyboard.  I know currently that I am personally hesitant to run through low-sec or null-sec due to my slowed reaction time because of my broken hand right now.  It is for that exact reason that we would like to establish as many non-agression pacts with as many alliances and corporations as possible in the game. 

I would end by saying, that I thank you for the bump Lordmonkus and would ask that if you are a member of a player corporation currently that you please pass on this information to your CEO and see if they might be willing to start such a pact with us.  As I stated above, if he/she is interested please have them EVEmail me in game (character name: Eizmund Drohner).  Our corporation would be extremely grateful on a personal level for such a huge undertaking.

• LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994

I would love to join but don't think I can bring my laptop to my next training location.  I just graduated bootcamp, USMC.  If I find out otherwise, I will make sure to look you up.

I look forward to hearing from you, keep me posted about your situation, and let me know in game if you can.  We'd be happy to bring you on board down the road even if you are unable to now though.

• LordmonkusLordmonkus Member Posts: 808

Oddly enough I really didn't have any problems with combat with my broken hand, the problem was more in typing. It was fairly easy to use my left hand to press the F-Keys to activate guns but clicking them with the mouse was fine as long as you weren't unexpectedly jumped but since you are in low sec you should always expect that anyways hehe.

Id say as video games go Eve is probably the most disability friendly game out there while retaining its incredible level of depth.

Always be ready to get jumped in low-sec/null-sec LOL. 

We must have broken different bones, because up until about 3 days ago i had serious trouble trying to apply pressure with my left index finger, which left my thumb as the only finger i could use to "type" or otherwise operate in game.  I ended up setting a macro to my G-15 for the "shift" key lol.  nothing more, just because i needed to be able to press it with my thumb over on the very left side of my keyboard.  That wat i was able to rest my hand on my desk with just my thumb on the button.  I also assigned the button above it to CTRL.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

recruitment area, this is not.....

A Fair point.  My apologies, The vicodin i've been taking for my hand was going strong this morning when I wrote this and i didn't notice that I wasnt in the corp thread. 

I have personally requested that a moderator move this thread to the corporations section of EVE.

In the meantime we're still seeking military members to join us.

• OrunitiaOrunitia Member UncommonPosts: 32

Moved to proper forum. 

"How do you prove we exist? Maybe we don't exist."

Thanks!!

• EschiavaEschiava Member Posts: 485

Great idea SequenceLost!  While I am not a current or former member of the military I am a great respecter of military tradition and so, can really appreciate what you are doing.

I am neither a CEO nor diplomat, but I do belong to a low sec pirate corporation.  If you tell me your corp name (here or in a PM) I will post a request on our alliance forum for standing. I'd love to be able to do a little something to support the military, even if only in the area of recreation.

Sure Eschiava - Ill bite 

lol sorry - i make that statement because i know how some pirate alliances can be in regards to finding easy targets - though doing so to a corporation that wishes only to establish a non-agressive military community would be a pretty pathetic attack.

Our corporation is the Multinational Military Coalition

it would be very respectable of your alliance if we could work out a non-aggression pact as that is exactly what we would like to accomplish here.  If your alliance is truly interested in helping out some service members, please have a diplomat shoot me an evemail.  Please let them know however that we will not be able to officially  join the alliance nor help you during times of war.  Both of these things would be a breach of our 100% neutrality policy.  I should also state that we have very little to offer at this point in time in return for this pact except for our sincere gratitude.

Once again - thank you for understanding what we are attempting to accomplish and I look forward to hearing from you or your alliance.

• EschiavaEschiava Member Posts: 485

In deference to your concern regarding unscrupulous pirate corps, I have submitted a request on our forum sans any mention of your ingame name or corp name.  Let's see what happens, but I think there will be a willingness to cooperate.

All the best!  o7

• csf1701csf1701 Member Posts: 4

I am for anything that gives our country's heros a way to escape the day to day!

On behalf of the MMC (Multinational Military Coalition) I'd like to thank you guys and gals for your show of support on these forums.  If you would like to show us your support in game please evemail me so we can establish a non-aggression pact.  By and far this would be a very helpful and easy way to show us your support for the reasons stated in my original post.

I would also like to take a moment to state that our corporation will also accept any other donations you wish to provide to include, war-time mercenary support, Low-sec/null-sec space (for an MMC POS to be established), access to other resources outside of empire space, or anything else you wish to provide that you believe could be of some use to us.  Since we are a non-aggressive, 100% neutral corporation many of the above items are extremely hard to acquire otherwise and any help provided would greatly  improve our ability to operate.  Please note however that none of the above are considered a requirement by any means to create a non-aggression pact with us and any show of support is always appreciated!

Once again - thank you for your free forum bumps as well as your support.

• nixixnixix Member Posts: 21

As CEO (and semi-afk) of the Caldari Fleet Marine Force, I think you've got the start of a good idea.  I never really stopped to ask or find out just how many other disabled vets play-I also split my time between Anarchy Online and Entropia (god I hate that game).

I just  always assumed that my gaming would be an exception to the rule.  I never talk about it at work (I'm a DoD subcontractor) and honestly if you met me in person you'd never think I was a "hardcore" gamer.

I did start playing as a lazy way of helping me cope with being a civilian.  I had a hard time at first adjusting to life outside the Corps, and my anger at my medical retirement carried over a lot to my interactions with my newfound civilian tag.  I deployed with the 15th MEU back in 01, and have the unfortunate pleasure of coming home just a few months later.  I guess it could have been worse, I was only wounded in the hand/wrist, but like I said it was very hard adjusting since I lived, breathed, and existed Marine Corps not just for the 7 years I was active duty, but for as long as I could remember me wanting to be a Marine.

Weird thing, is that playing games and interacting with people slowly over the years has helped me in its own weird way.  If I start playing more (at this point I'm just in the Militia and log in only to change cap skills) I'll support this movement 100%.

Semper Fidelis

Eve name: Joskken Inx

Sounds great Nixix and i hope to hear from you in the future.  I am sending an in game EVEmail as a hello from our corp to you as a potential reminder should you decide to return to eve.

Thank you guys for all the free bumps and all the support.  Im glad to see there are some "pilots" out there that believe in what we are trying to accomplish here.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Originally posted by SequenceLost

I personally have multiple years of experience with EVE so I am fully aware of its enjoyment.  In regards to your statment about your hand, coincidently enough I too am currently playing EVE with a broken left hand (damn st. patties day LOL) and by the sounds of it I am in the exactly the same situation as you were. 
    My statement regarding disabilities however relates not only to those with temporary disabilities but primarily with our members who suffer from a slew of other combat related injuries that cause them not to be able to play as quickly as some other EVE online players.  Im sure you remember just how hard it was to truly enjoy EVE in its fullest when you only had your left index finger to use on the keyboard.  I know currently that I am personally hesitant to run through low-sec or null-sec due to my slowed reaction time because of my broken hand right now.  It is for that exact reason that we would like to establish as many non-agression pacts with as many alliances and corporations as possible in the game. 
    I would end by saying, that I thank you for the bump Lordmonkus and would ask that if you are a member of a player corporation currently that you please pass on this information to your CEO and see if they might be willing to start such a pact with us.  As I stated above, if he/she is interested please have them EVEmail me in game (character name: Eizmund Drohner).  Our corporation would be extremely grateful on a personal level for such a huge undertaking.

from a eve player and a former coastie GL :D

I'm in a corp but GL in yours.... and DKM rule :D

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Itchmon - if you are currently corped and wish to help us, see if your corp would be willing to non-aggression pact us (AKA Make us Blue)  In return we do the same and it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the forum support!

The original post for this thread has just been updated with more information for current players and corporations as well as ways to try out this great game for military members who may be interested but currently do not play.

• BumblerootBumbleroot Member UncommonPosts: 9

Sounds Great PM has been sent, Ill be away for afew days but ill see if you respond when i return.

• RocDocRocDoc Member Posts: 1

Hello, i am currently Active Duty Army serving a 1 year TCS in south korea.  I am completely new to the game but im extremely interested in pvp/pirating (yea i know, according to others most noobs are).  I can understand how you are a neutral corp but i was wondering if maybe you had an alliance(not sure if thats the correct term for this game lol) with a pvp/pirating corp. 

• crazyivencrazyiven Member Posts: 142

Think i found you guys in game once, sent a tell. Don't think I   ever got  reply back. I'm prier ARMY would still be in if it wasn't for one of them head injuries.  But you have a good thing here, would had been a good thing to be apart of.  Figure I have done all I wanted to do in eve, so my days are numbered. (well to the 22)

Any way you get a bump from me and to those that still serve thank you.

RocDoc stay clear of them drinky girls