Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brand new downloading trial as i write this

2»

Comments

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

glad your enjoying it Demmi

I'll be back in game later and catch me on xfire and I'll hop on to give you a hand

imageimage

• ViluVilu Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by Loke666

About gear: The weapons are different.
    The gold weapons are most common but the best ones are the green ones. My ranger have 3 bows (A green with vampiric that do insame amount of damage, A gold one for rlong range and pulling and a really cool looking purple for posing, it also do a little more dps than the gold one even though gold is generally better).
    Green weapons are hard to find and quite expensive to buy but they are the best.
    Then there is armor, all armor (lvl 20) have the same protection but they can have different insignias (on some you can change insignias, on some not). Insignias are balanced and follow certain rules. You can also attach a rune to it, and they are the ones that matters. And you can also add colors to the armor, and mix several colors.
    One more thing, Guildwars don't use the old EQ aggro system you are used to from Wow, they are smarter and will try to take out the easiest of the enemies that attacked them. When you pll you usually use a ranger or a bodypulling warrior, we go for the ranger most of the time.
    GW is made by Jeff Strain who started as the head dev on Wow (he quited because he thought that no games should have monthly fees), he also design a lot of Diablo and youll recognize some from both games in GW. It is also perfect as an alt game, the one you play when you feel burnt out on your main game.
    I had fun for a year in GW, and still logg on and play a bit at times 3 years after that. Welcome :)

Wow... have you played the same game as i?

For the real meaning of item colors, i suggest having a look in wiki. In other words, color means only which type / how perfect mods the weapon holds when found / before identification. Green is a unique item, in most cases dropped by bosses. Nothing special about them really. However most players see the gold items only worthy things (they look cool, i guess) and it might be hard to sell or buy anything other than gold items.

Also as by above, color is not what defines what is best. It's what ever the item is "max" or not. Skin (look) will always define the price of the item along with how rare it is(suprise!). Wiki will again help with that. For example a max dmg range for a bow is 15-28, anything below that isn't max (obviously). You can have both, max and non-max weapons in all of the colors. Highest armor a shield can give is 16 etc.

Ammount of armor from gear is defined by your class. 20lvl armor being 60 for the general "caster" classes, 70 for ranger and expansion melees, 80 for warrior and paragon. Some class armor got additional bonuses, like rangers got +30 armor against elemental damage, warrior get +20 against physical and dervish got an additional +25 health on their chest piece. All armor can have an insignia and a rune, one of each per armor part. And they can be removed with expert salvage kit (change to destroy the item) or with perfect salvage kit (doesn't destroy). Hero armor cannot be destroyed so using perfect kits on them is waste of money.

More stuff about armor. Insignia. Runes. Elite. Inscription. HP Regen. Energy Regen  (some usefull links to read for a new player, imo)

About the campaigns;

Proph: Slowest leveling, lots of "free" skills as a quest rewards. Factions: Fastest leveling, but also hardest for a new player because of that. Nightfall: somewhere between the other 2, also gives heroes.

Anyway i hope that you (the OP) will enjoy your stay! :)

Ps. Your comment about the nice community made me giggle little. Wait till you get in to the pvp side of the game (RA, CM, AB - which is where most people start it, if they will), and due to there being no monthly fees - you tend to find lots jerks/rude etc. people in this game. Or i might just attract them, who knows.

edit: Also don't worry about your secondary profession too much, after certain point in each campaign, you can change them freely (at the cost of unlocking them for 500 gold each)