Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spellborn still dead?

Has been a few months since I checked in, but was wondering if the slow moving train wreck that was Akklame was ever able to get Spellborn going with a decent player base? As I understand it, even after finally merging the euro servers there still weren't enough players to keep things interesting. Perhaps the US launch is better? 200 people in primetime? 500? 35? Anyone have any idea.

Shame about the game, was great, terrible publishers and incompetent business people on the game side.

Comments

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

this is in the wrong forum.... why not ask people who actually play the game in the spellborn forum?

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• porovaaraporovaara Member Posts: 48

Because most people who post on this forum, play one or more games and this forum sees much higher readership so I am likely to get a more accurate answer. Also I would imagine you are more likely to get a more honest answer outside of the game forum. Only a fraction of people reading and commenting drilldown into some of the more specific game forums.

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659
    Originally posted by porovaara

Because most people who post on this forum, play one or more games and this forum sees much higher readership so I am likely to get a more accurate answer. Also I would imagine you are more likely to get a more honest answer outside of the game forum. Only a fraction of people reading and commenting drilldown into some of the more specific game forums.

You expect a more accurate answer to how the situation in game is from people who do not play the game? That makes no sense.

--
    Delanor

• porovaaraporovaara Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by Delanor

You expect a more accurate answer to how the situation in game is from people who do not play the game? That makes no sense.

There is a misunderstanding. I expect more honest and accuracy in a general forum than the game specific one simply because you remove those who would paint things with rose coloured glasses. MMOs seem to attract more than their fair share of defenders, so getting honest answers to questions such as this is quite hard.