Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW Botters Banned

ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783

We have recently verified that certain individuals were using third party "bot" programs to automate their characters in World of Warcraft. A bot is used to play an account non-stop, allowing its user to accumulate money, items, and experience without actually requiring the user to be physically present to play the game. The use of bots is a violation of the World of Warcraft Terms of Use and is absolutely prohibited. Therefore, the accounts identified as having used bots have been banned.

Blizzard Entertainment is committed to maintaining an environment of fair play in World of Warcraft. As stated previously, the company has a zero-tolerance policy for cheating or hacking of any kind. Players caught using a bot program to automate any of their characters' actions will have their characters removed and their account banned. They will not receive a warning. Over 300 accounts have already been banned for offenses of this nature.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter. If you suspect someone of using a bot, or wish to report other instances of cheating, please email us at [email protected] or submit a GM ticket in-game. Thank you again for your continued support.

Yah! Looks like Blizzard wont be run by botters like some other games out there....sad that 300+ accounts were found botting ::::16::

www.worldofwarcraft.com

Comments

• LoStCaUz3LoStCaUz3 Member Posts: 1,154

Hah! Not even a month and they are already gone! Sad, but it shows how many people want to be the best in the brand new game. It's cool and gay at the same time. Tells people the game is popular because people like to cheat, but also it drives people away because people cheat. It sucks...

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

It is nice to see a Company stamping this out rather quickly. It's always nice to see companies work hard really fast to make this happen rather than to let it linger for a few months and just let it get worse.

Way to go, Blizzard ::::20::

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

Wow... Blizzard is the first company in the MMORPG business to do such a move.  I wish other companies were like them... (coughSOEcough)

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

call me crazy...I have never seen a bot in any SOE mmorpg. AFK macro for crafting or for the Music/Dancers was about as close to botting that I saw.

Lineage ][ has the classic botters (those with 3rd party software that programs their characters to farm of xp grind without any human interaction)

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• Lill-TrollLill-Troll Member Posts: 230
    This was an excellent move on Blizzards part image 

_______________________________________________________________________________
    "Flamers, beware! when you leave this earth, there is a very special place reserved for you down below with romantic bonefires scourching you bones!"

"I have no prejudices, I hate everyone equally regardless of race or religion"

"Been there, done that!"

"Flamers, beware! when you leave this earth, there is a very special place reserved for you down below with romantic bonefires scourching you bones!"

"Been there, done that!"

• Otto_ManicOtto_Manic Member Posts: 202

Kudos, Blizzard, very impressive. image

Otto!

I'm looking for some friends that I lost contact with over the years...

EQ: Horlain (Firiona Vie)
    DAOC: Kaizur (Guinevere)

Otto!

I'm looking for some friends that I lost contact with over the years...

EQ: Horlain (Firiona Vie)
    DAOC: Kaizur (Guinevere)

• NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

im very glad, we as a community should keep our eyes peeled to report botters to blizzard. The last thing we want is asswhipes ruining our game economy.

If i could i would erase IGE and num8.com from existance also. Stupid sellers.

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European
    Truly Loved: World of Warcraft

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European

• Lill-TrollLill-Troll Member Posts: 230
    BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN image

"Been there, done that!"

"Been there, done that!"

• nash8114nash8114 Member Posts: 118

Over 300 accounts banned for botting ::::03:: .. whoa.
    This is good though.. botting generally ruins the intended economy system.. But then again, whats 300 on 200.000 ? :-p

I hope it scares off potential botters though.

Cheers,
    Nash

_____

_____

• jd269jd269 Member Posts: 225

Originally posted by En1Gma
    call me crazy...I have never seen a bot in any SOE mmorpg. AFK macro for crafting or for the Music/Dancers was about as close to botting that I saw.Lineage ][ has the classic botters (those with 3rd party software that programs their characters to farm of xp grind without any human interaction)

This makes me chuckle... I was guilded with several people running macroquest in one of the elite guilds in EQ, and they did this for several years on multiple accounts. Never being banned.

• NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

macroquest?

Thats a funny name :P.

I think we are forgetting that some people purposely abuse the system to make money. Im pretty sure the majority of IGE currency comes from botters. I've seen them in ffxi.

I went to my friends house and he was playing ffxi, and there were about 4 avatars constantly running between 4 trees on the same route... over and over again. My mate managed to get to one first which was funny :).

Then we observed them and another character came and traded with them. Still supposedly ffxi wont do anything because they are 'manned'. Its obvious its 3rd party software they should be banned.

I hope blizzard bans anyone using 3rd party software... other than cosmos and the other UI mods. So long as it doesn't affect gameplay (cheating wise).

• HashmanHashman Member Posts: 649

Good it shows that this kind of rubbish won't be tolerated. I wish all aimbotters, wallhackers, maphackers, speedhackers, gankers, greifers, lamers, campers and farmers would go to hell and rot slowly.

• ZSlayerZSlayer Member Posts: 43

Awesome good job Blizzard!! ::::20::

• GleebGleeb Member Posts: 63

ANYONE KNOWS OF ANY EMAIL BLIZZARD HAS THAT YOU CAN SEND FEADBACKS

I WANT TO CONGRATS THEM ON A WELL DONE JOB imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

WAY TO GO BLIZZARD GO ON AND KICK ALL THE BASTARDS WHO RUIN THE GAMEPLAY!

CHEERS! makes me wanna play wow even more

• findnolimitfindnolimit Member Posts: 112

Ummmmm... BAN image

Oh, and... BAN image

Yes, yes, yes....  BAN image

WOOT...  BAN image

Keep up the good work Blizzard!

Thinking of strange days
    And wet-dream escapades
    Oh this summer is sweet sleep
    Because we are living day dreams

Thinking of strange days
    And wet-dream escapades
    Oh this summer is sweet sleep
    Because we are living day dreams

• RhevinRhevin Member UncommonPosts: 611

Originally posted by Neas

I hope blizzard bans anyone using 3rd party software... other than cosmos and the other UI mods. So long as it doesn't affect gameplay (cheating wise).

Honestly, I wish they did not allow the use of Cosmos either. Because, where do you draw the line? People don't know how to stop.

But it's good to see Blizzard do this. Most companies will think "Welp, who cares abouts the bots; we're getting paid" Like NC Soft in Lineage ][. God that was aweful. I'm actually kinda nervous because I was teasing people that I was a bot. Heh, I was near Redridge 3/4s way to 25 and figured I'd kill orcs and try to get linen and wool drops until I leveled. Took 2-3 hours of leisure playing and the only things I said to people were "rang rang" and "quiang song zao" and "pk pk?" as I ran in circles killing orcs. Then I came about and starting joking around. Gave some people a good laugh.

• MentatMentat Member UncommonPosts: 516

If you see any Bot programs on Ebay or anything like that - personally I screen capture and send to blizzard support. I mean this kinda unsportman like conduct should not only be dis-allowed but, we should be able to string up and throw stones at the botters till they die...

Mentat

• MakemeMakeme Member UncommonPosts: 49

Originally posted by Mentat

If you see any Bot programs on Ebay or anything like that - personally I screen capture and send to blizzard support. I mean this kinda unsportman like conduct should not only be dis-allowed but, we should be able to string up and throw stones at the botters till they die...

Mentat

Feel the exact same way.

Would be nice if blizzard grew enough balls to actually file a lawsuit against em. But that is wishfull thinking...

/Cheers

• SpoonthieveSpoonthieve Member Posts: 84
    Great moves Blizzard! Nice to see a hard line no bull sh*t approach to those speed hacking and botting cheats out there. Stamp it out before it begins, great approach!imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

=========================

• PaganchildPaganchild Member Posts: 159

It's good they are catching the cheaters early on. ::::02::

Level 18 Gnomish Mage

Silvermoon server

Casador
    Level 19 Night Elf Hunter

Silvermoon server