Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playing in a group possible!

''Multiplayer dialogue system – Another MMO first! E3ers got a preview at a new multiplayer dialogue system that allows players to engage in the storyline choices together. This creates a highly interactive and immersive gaming experience.''

Straight from www.swtor.com, so yes if I'm a sith and you're a bounty hunter we can group and actually advance, even though as they stated we will never share a quest!

Comments

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Bluff+Ziggs

''Multiplayer dialogue system – Another MMO first! E3ers got a preview at a new multiplayer dialogue system that allows players to engage in the storyline choices together. This creates a highly interactive and immersive gaming experience.''
    Straight from www.swtor.com, so yes if I'm a sith and you're a bounty hunter we can group and actually advance, even though as they stated we will never share a quest!

Yeah possible. Technically it is possible I scratch you b####; but possibility and likelyness are two different things. Sorry for sounding angry, but who WILL join another, when there is no profit? Did MMO gamers suddenly become selfless, helpful people overnight?

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• darkstryderxdarkstryderx Member UncommonPosts: 22

Actually they said classes like the Bounty Hunter and the Smuggler will never share quests.  I imagine you are of the same faction you will still have the occasional shared.

• Bluff+ZiggsBluff+Ziggs Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by darkstryderx

Actually they said classes like the Bounty Hunter and the Smuggler will never share quests.  I imagine you are of the same faction you will still have the occasional shared.

Wrong, go to the site, no class will ever share a quest. Meaning each of the 8 classes has his own unique set of quests.

And to the guy who said gamers aren't selfless blah blah blah, it's also confirmed that when you participate in anothers story you're also rewarded.

• darkstryderxdarkstryderx Member UncommonPosts: 22

http://www.swtor.com/news/article/20090619_002

Unique class stories – Each class story is exclusive and storylines are also specific to each allegiance. For example: the storyline for a Smuggler (a Republic Class) is 100% different from the Bounty Hunter story (a Sith Empire class). You won’t share any content or missions.

Yes this implys to those who can read that yes each class will have a unique story but you may still have quests in your faction that overlap.

Now yes, I am very excited about this game.  Unfortunately a big problem we are having right now is people rushing to conclusion on this we know nothing about or only half reading something and rushing to judgement.  I am not debating with you how this game will or will not functin bacause niehter of us know that yet, but it is very to make a few assumptions about that game cause while Bio-ware is slow to put out info...when they do they are very clear about it from the words they choose to use.

• hanshotfirsthanshotfirst Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by Elikal
    Yeah possible. Technically it is possible I scratch you b####; but possibility and likelyness are two different things. Sorry for sounding angry, but who WILL join another, when there is no profit? Did MMO gamers suddenly become selfless, helpful people overnight?

What precisely are you advocating? Forced grouping with selfish people who aren't helpful?

• AeraizedAeraized Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by darkstryderx

http://www.swtor.com/news/article/20090619_002
    Unique class stories – Each class story is exclusive and storylines are also specific to each allegiance. For example: the storyline for a Smuggler (a Republic Class) is 100% different from the Bounty Hunter story (a Sith Empire class). You won’t share any content or missions.
    Yes this implys to those who can read that yes each class will have a unique story but you may still have quests in your faction that overlap.
     Now yes, I am very excited about this game.  Unfortunately a big problem we are having right now is people rushing to conclusion on this we know nothing about or only half reading something and rushing to judgement.  I am not debating with you how this game will or will not functin bacause niehter of us know that yet, but it is very to make a few assumptions about that game cause while Bio-ware is slow to put out info...when they do they are very clear about it from the words they choose to use.

This information has already been out for quite awhile now, If you want to go play with your Bounty Hunter friend and you so happen to be Sith, It does not  mean you get the same quest as him, It just means you can go help him on his Mission/Quest.

Yes, some of it does share the same Story background, Like AoC Tortage, But not all roads lead to Rome.

The choices you make have different effects and consequences, It may lead to another follow up quest than the next guy who did it and chose to do something else.