Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Salvaging - can anyone point me to a good website that...

TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

can give me some pointers on what skills to spec and what kind of ship is best suitd forthis line of work in Eve?

Comments

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

best salvage ships are destroyers since you can fit 8 of em, and a couple of cargo expanders

learn salvaging up to 3

buy 8 salvagers (if your cap/cpu can fit it) and use 4 on each wreck

this should give you almost 100% chance of salvaging a wreck

thats it.

you could also learn Tractor Beams and use them to draw wrecks from 20km out into salvage range, saving you a ton of time.

• RodentofdoomRodentofdoom Member Posts: 273

Training in the following skills

Science IV - lets you use Small Tractor Beam Modules

Salvaging I - lets you use the Salvager Module

Armour Rigging I - lets you use the Salvage Tackle Rigging Modules

Destroyers make good salavage vessels as they have 8 hardpoints allowing you to fit 4-5 Tractor Beams and 3-4 Salvagers

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700
    Originally posted by Rodentofdoom

Destroyers make good salavage vessels as they have 8 hardpoints allowing you to fit 4-5 Tractor Beams and 3-4 Salvagers

You will want to train salvaging to 4.  It doesn't take long at all and the extra levels are worth it both for salvaging success rate and you will need it to salvage elite wrecks and if you ever salvage in WH space you have to have salvaging 4 to salvage sleeper wrecks.

With salvage 4 I have never even needed to fit a salvage tackle rig on a salvage ship.  They salvage very fast as is w/o any rigs and thus I can purchase cargo rigs so that I can loot more *everything* in any mission.

Also:  Best ship for salvaging:

Hurricane

If you can't fly one or don't want to train for one then use a Catalyst (takes all of an hour or two  to train for)

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

Originally posted by Taram

Originally posted by Rodentofdoom

You will want to train salvaging to 4.  It doesn't take long at all and the extra levels are worth it both for salvaging success rate and you will need it to salvage elite wrecks and if you ever salvage in WH space you have to have salvaging 4 to salvage sleeper wrecks.

yeah you're right....forgot about that /sets salvage 4 into queue

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

I still had this one in my favorites:

eveonlineguide.blogspot.com/2008/01/guide-to-salvage.html

Not shure if it's any good or up to date, as about 8 of 10 EvE-guides aren't.Maybe you can make something out of it.

Also, if you learn Science to IV, you can use the "SmallTractor Beam I" which becomes handy if the wrecks are a bit spread out. You may also need Energy Grid Upgrades II to be able to fit a couple of "Cap Recharger I",  the salvager quite drag you cap.

A common salvager-fitting for a destroyer can look like this:

2-3 Small Tractor Beam I

3-4 Salvager I

1 Afterburner

2-3 Cap Recharger I

1 Expaneded Cargohold I

• x_rast_xx_rast_x Member Posts: 745

There's not much to savalging, just train the skill to 4, fit up a destroyer with salvagers and tractor beams and an AB or MWD, and off you.  Train up cap skills if you cap out a lot.

Personally I like the Thrasher as it has enough slots to double as an alt-friendly exploration ship.  Here's the fit I use:

Thrasher, Low-sec Do-It-All Cleaner-Upper

HIGH:

4x Salvager II

2x Small Tractor Beam I

Core Probe Launcher I

Prototype Cloaking Device I

MID:

1MN Afterburner II / Catalyzed Cold-Gas Arject Thrusters

Analyzer I (offline)

Codebreaker I (offline)

LOW:

2x Expanded Cargohold II

Use MWD most of the time, swap for AB for salvaging DED plexes and missions.  Offline the cloak and online the analyzer or codebreaker for doing mag and rader sites, respectivly.  Has no tank, pairing it with a ship that has a remote repper will make the 'oh shit!' moments a lot less scary.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Salvaging skill does not affect wheter you find any materials from the wreck. It only affects the time needed to salvage the wreck due increased chance of successfull cycle.

Vast majority of sleeper wrecks are salvagable with Salvaging III just fine.

Originally posted by Gdemami

Salvaging skill does not affect wheter you find any materials from the wreck. It only affects the time needed to salvage the wreck due increased chance of successfull cycle.
    Vast majority of sleeper wrecks are salvagable with Salvaging III just fine.

not necessarily, you cannot salvage player ships without salvaging 3, lvl 1 wont help

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Thanks for the info!   :)