Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mining

BaggunsBagguns Member Posts: 152

I know this should be posted on the actual EVE forums, but I've tried and its not working, i only have a trial account so that may be why.

Anyways, my question:

Whenever I warp to a asteroid belt to mine, I can never find an actual asteroid to mine from.  My ship is right on top of the marker but I can't find any asteroids.  I've tried asking for help in the help chat in game but I have yet to get any helpful answer.  This is becoming very frustrating to me so if anyone can give me some help on this, I will be greatly thankful!

Mr. Bagguns

Comments

• elateelate Member UncommonPosts: 72

Originally posted by Bagguns
    I know this should be posted on the actual EVE forums, but I've tried and its not working, i only have a trial account so that may be why.
    Anyways, my question:
    Whenever I warp to a asteroid belt to mine, I can never find an actual asteroid to mine from.  My ship is right on top of the marker but I can't find any asteroids.  I've tried asking for help in the help chat in game but I have yet to get any helpful answer.  This is becoming very frustrating to me so if anyone can give me some help on this, I will be greatly thankful!

If there are no asteroids, it's because they've been fully mined and there none left. Asteroid belts are replenished every few days - check immediately after down time.

You might have to jump into the next solar system and check to see if those asteroid belts have been completely mined, too. In 1.0 and in 0.9 systems, you won't encounter NPC pirates.

It was frustrating for me, too, when I recently re-joined EVE. Experienced players in advanced mining barges with strip miners often strip mine asteroid belts in "newbie" systems.

Just jump to different systems and check the asteroid belts there. You'll find some.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

If you're playing on a trial account, I'm guessing you are trying to mine near the starter systems which are always well picked over.  You'll need to move away into less traveled (not low sec or 0.0 ) areas of empire and you should find plenty to mine.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

target an asteroid in a mission and make sure they show up in your target list on the right side of the screen, if not right click the rock and add it to youre heads up targets display list objects.  the rocks in belts are never right on top the point, theyre anywhere from 30k to 100k away in huge rings and right at the point most are tiney little dots you cant see with the naked eye but the scanners see them you just need to have asteroids allowed to show up on your list of potential targets to find em! 

• XennithXennith Member Posts: 1,244

the busier areas of highsec (near market hubs like jita, rens, amarr, oursulert, or near newbie starter systems or mission hubs) are frequently mined dry by other players. if you want to find roids you need to look where everyone else isnt, so bring up the map with f10, and colour stars by either players in system, or by jumps in the last hour and look for a nice quiet backwater system (there are plenty of these if you look carefully). be careful of lowsec (security status below 0.5) as pirates are very likely to come and blow you up if you are in these systems.

an alternative is mission mining, get a mission from an agent and go shoot the rats, if there are asteroids in the mission area dont complete the mission at your agent, but get your mining ship and go back to it to mine once all the rats are dead, you can get some nice big private asteroid fields this way.

however, mining is dull, if you spend your entire trial mining you are very likely to get bored, why not take a cheap frigate into lowsec and see if you can find a fight?

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Yeah...don't stay in the newbie area to mine.   Go to like 0.6 areas and look for asteroids.   There are plenty of them out there.  I found some nice areas in Nonni System that have plenty of asteroids to mine.  You just have to watch for rats no and then.    :)

• BakoryoBakoryo Member UncommonPosts: 469

go to a .5 - ~.7 and check those areas, there are mych more kernite there (and omber if you are lucky) just mine there and you should get some decent ore ^^

The speed of the mole and the power of steel is my weapon

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Right click on 'overview'

Load overview

Default - Mining

Roids should appear... if they don't the belt is mined out... try another belt... if you cant find any in that system find another system.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• DavitDavit Member Posts: 53

I second the overview setting. If you can see the asteroid is actually there, sure it can be mined.

Was amused by some of the answers : )

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

Oh and stay out of the Caladri areas as most systems 1.0 to 0.8 are over mined.

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

Originally posted by Bakoryo
    go to a .5 - ~.7 and check those areas, there are mych more kernite there (and omber if you are lucky) just mine there and you should get some decent ore ^^

You must not have played for a (long) while. Kernite is an alright trash ore if it happens to be around, but omber is currently near worthless.

Here's a link for aspiring new miners:

http://www.lsjv-eve.com/completeminersguide/completeminersguide_v3-0.pdf