Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They should just close the TOR forums

urbanmechurbanmech Member UncommonPosts: 200

If every controversial topic that comes up is answered with:

Well, we dont know, so shut up.

They haven't released anything yet, you dont know that.

If you dont like the sounds of it, why are you here.

Its all just speculation at this point.

Then maybe they should just close down these forums until more information comes out?

We all know that little information has been released about TOR, but thats why we have these forums. Instead of saying, we dont know yet, so dont talk about it, either comment on a topic, or move on. Speculation is why this forum is here. If someone thinks this game is going to suck, I would like to hear why, even if I agree or not.

Comments

• hanshotfirsthanshotfirst Member UncommonPosts: 712

Yeah, I'm not seeing a world of difference between "we don't know, so shut up" and "either comment on a topic, or move on."

I suggest you learn to use either the Report or Block links that appear above every post. They're there for a reason.

• VrazuleVrazule Member Posts: 1,095

Maybe it's people getting fed up with trolls showing up in droves to bash the game they know little about just to get a reaction.  Why close the forum for those who like the premise of the game just because there are a handful of hardcores who feel threatened by a game that promises to be the most casual friendly MMO to ever hit the market that wasn't aimed at 10 year olds.

All of that negativity is neither productive nor is it going to change the direction Bioware has set for their game.

With PvE raiding, it has never been a question of being "good enough". I play games to have fun, not to be a simpering toady sitting through hour after hour of mind numbing boredom and fawning over a guild master in the hopes that he will condescend to reward me with shiny bits of loot. But in games where those people get the highest progression, anyone who doesn't do that will just be a moving target for them and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay money for the privilege. - Neanderthal

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

*sighs* See, the only reason I find to shut down the forums is because of the neverending bashing going on by the haters, l337ists, and FFA PvP'rs.

Its one thing to speculate on possible things added to another game. Its another thing entirely to knowingly start threads that will anger people for absolutely no reason with no proof behind insane claims.

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914
    Originally posted by urbanmech

We all know that little information has been released about TOR, but thats why we have these forums. Instead of saying, we dont know yet, so dont talk about it, either comment on a topic, or move on. Speculation is why this forum is here. If someone thinks this game is going to suck, I would like to hear why, even if I agree or not.

You are absolutely wrong here.  While informed speculation can lead to decent debats, these forums are here for discussion, not speculation.

Hence, why they are called Discussion Forums.  The only thing the uninformed speculative threads here lead to is... well... nothing good.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Then maybe they should just close down these forums until more information comes out?

I don't think it's out of bounds to tell someone who obviously will never like the game to move on. I just don't get the point. There are plenty of MMOs around that I won't touch with a barge pole, but I don't make it a point to go to their forum and bash the games those players like. Anyone with half  the common sense of a monkey knows that isn't cool to do. 

And please, spare me the "let's hear why" argument. It's always the same bullshit that they do in every other game. "WOW Clone" "single player game" "it should be sandbox" blah blah blah.Some of us have seen it so many times that it just gets to the point that we cease to care anymore what they think.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• SonikFlashSonikFlash Member UncommonPosts: 561
    Originally posted by Dameonk

You are absolutely wrong here.  While informed speculation can lead to decent debats, these forums are here for discussion, not speculation.

Hence, why they are called Discussion Forums.  The only thing the uninformed speculative threads here lead to is... well... nothing good.

Congratulations sir, your skill in splitting hairs has gone up.

Speculation is why these forums are here, chit chat is why these forums are here,and anything falling withinthe reasonable use or rules of mmorpg.com is why these forums are here.  To the OP, that is why the tor forums will not be shut down.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Originally posted by ktanner3

I don't think it's out of bounds to tell someone who obviously will never like the game to move on. I just don't get the point. There are plenty of MMOs around that I won't touch with a barge pole, but I don't make it a point to go to their forum and bash the games those players like. Anyone with half  the common sense of a monkey knows that isn't cool to do. 

And please, spare me the "let's hear why" argument. It's always the same bullshit that they do in every other game. "WOW Clone" "single player game" "it should be sandbox" blah blah blah.Some of us have seen it so many times that it just gets to the point that we cease to care anymore what they think.

*claps*

• hanshotfirsthanshotfirst Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by Dameonk
    The only thing the uninformed speculative threads here lead to is... well... nothing good.

Speculation leads to drama. Drama leads to nerdrage. Nerdrage leads to suffering (and much hilarity).

Speculation is the path to comedic gold.

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

and 100 percent of the time that "comedic" gold is always found up some arm chair anaylst's left nostril...........

ya ,  thats speculation too.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Originally posted by ktanner3

So why read it? Why respond to them?  Who's really to blame, the troll who posts some sort of nonsense that you don't enjoy reading about or the folks who rise to the bait and seem to find it their holy mission to rebut them?

I think its two sides to the same coin myself.

Forums are for discussion, and discussion should never be shut off, no matter how much someone doesn't care for it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon