Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those wanting an Oblivion-like MMO...

NetzokoNetzoko Member Posts: 1,271

... check out EQ2.

It heavily reminds me of Oblivion. I was talking with the some friends who agree, there's just something about it. The NPC dialog with real voice acting, graphics, deep questing, massive, explorable, immersive world.

Just a thought :)

-------------------------

Comments

• tonyblesstonybless Member Posts: 1

You know what? I never saw it that way until you mentioned it, apart from the graphics(not too far from each other) but i believe the general art style are very similar and both have similar ways in telling stories as they unfold in front of your very eyes. Good catch now i'm gonna start a new character on Oblivion and I'm gonna pick up that last expansion to EQ2. Let the good times roll ;-)

• SortisSortis Member UncommonPosts: 193

Yeah...actually now that you mention it...it really does. :)

• Nikoz78Nikoz78 Member UncommonPosts: 910

I understand what you mean.

I miss the good ol' days when nerds were actually intelligent.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

Not one bit.

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    Originally posted by Netzoko

... check out EQ2.
    It heavily reminds me of Oblivion. I was talking with the some friends who agree, there's just something about it. The NPC dialog with real voice acting, graphics, deep questing, massive, explorable, immersive world.

And a pretty cool thought at that!  I've got Station Pass so I think I'll reinstall EQ2 and give it another whirl.

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357

I thought oblivion was better hehe :P

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• darkasterdarkaster Member Posts: 187

I haven't played EQ2 in a while, but I'm fairly sure Oblivion was (aside from houses and oblivion gates) 100% open world?  EQ2 is pretty much the opposite...

• FunkyLasagneFunkyLasagne Member Posts: 339

Apart from the many caves and "dungeons" in Oblivion and the many open world bits in EQ2 bit you mean *taps head at mentalist*

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

I guess with the voice acting, dialogue, and deep world- but not really the gameplay. Just watching the videos and player feedback, I would say that darkfall is more similiar to oblivion.

• zappydogzappydog Member Posts: 7

Hmm i stopped playing EQ2 and started playing Oblivion, and still is from time to time, so you might be right on that :-)

• MMORPDEATHMMORPDEATH Member Posts: 414
    Originally posted by Netzoko

... check out EQ2.

Pretty sad but EQ2 is probably the closest to an immersive RPG like Oblivion an MMO has ever come.

You are probably reminded of Oblivion because of the graphics and voice acting. Besides the window dressing, EQ2 is just your standard MMO. I think the most irritating thing about the game is how immersive the external aspects of the game are yet the actual gameplay is not innovative or free-form. Still love it though, for an MMO at least.

Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice.