Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favorite ship to fly in Eve?

2»

Comments

• TivianTivian Member UncommonPosts: 168

Back in the day Black Omega Security used to have some very inventive people. we loved taking ships that no one liked to fly and made them devistating. I used to run around solo in a Griffin and make Battleships run. that was when frigs could launch cruise missiles. or I would take a Raptor and put blasters on it and gank cruisers! I miss the days of Ravens being the kings of pvp...now only to be great level 4 mission runners. I never got into captiols due to the expense...I was the poorest pirate of the original Curse Alliance. This game was great at beta and its great now. I had a great time playing eve.

• DoktorTeufelDoktorTeufel Member UncommonPosts: 413

The Amarr Malediction was my favorite ship, hands-down. Interceptors were awesome, and the Malediction looked freakin' sweet. It wasn't considered as lethal as the ugly-as-hell (yet ever-popular) Caldari Crow, but it did a damned fine job and looked good doing it, too.

Malediction @ EVEWiki

Currently Playing: EVE Online
    Retired From: UO, FFXI, AO, SWG, Ryzom, GW, WoW, WAR

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Nopex
    Also love flying my Manticore with the new Stealth bomber fixes. Fly up to 30km. Lock in about 0.7 secs, launch 3 Caldari Navy Jugernaut Torps and recloak before they can lock me.
    It rules.

Except what you describe is impossible right due the changes to SB you talk about...

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700
    Originally posted by Nopex

Also love flying my Manticore with the new Stealth bomber fixes. Fly up to 30km. Lock in about 0.7 secs, launch 3 Caldari Navy Jugernaut Torps and recloak before they can lock me.

This doesn't work.  Once you de-cloak in a stealth bomber now you have to wait 15 seconds to re-cloak.    You can, however, align before de-cloaking, fire, and then warp off.  Just make sure your torps actually hit before you click warp ;)

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

Originally posted by Taram
    This doesn't work.  Once you de-cloak in a stealth bomber now you have to wait 15 seconds to re-cloak.    You can, however, align before de-cloaking, fire, and then warp off.  Just make sure your torps actually hit before you click warp ;)

Yes, you can do that but it is pointless since only thing you can 'hit' is a BS and dealing only 1 volley damage is well...target might not even notice :)

• AriolanderAriolander Member UncommonPosts: 97

Vigil! There is nothing like playing laser tag in Jita!

• XennithXennith Member Posts: 1,244
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Yes, you can do that but it is pointless since only thing you can 'hit' is a BS and dealing only 1 volley damage is well...target might not even notice :)

cloak at a jump bridge, one volley haulers. laugh.

Originally posted by Xennith
    cloak at a jump bridge, one volley haulers. laugh.

The hauler will laugh at you mostly... 450 expl radius with 100 expl velocity makes you hit only still sitting BS.

Stealth bomber is gimped and the only use is 0.0 bombing.

• bsaerensbsaerens Member Posts: 31

At the moment I really like flying my Myrmidon. Offensively very capable due to its large drone bay. Pretty good allround vessel.

On the other hand, I do like taking out my Tristan. Not that fast, but pretty durable.

Originally posted by Gdemami

Yeah I know.   My point was that you can't do what the person I was replying to was saying  IE:  De-cloak, fire, re-cloak.  The closest you can get is de-cloak, fire, warp.   I'm not a huge fan of the changes made to bombers to be honest.  For me they are definitely a great example of "Be careful what you wish for" for those who kept screaming for bomber changes :)

That said there are some interesting ways to fit them to make them useful for other things... but sitting at a jump bridge or whatever and trying to 1 volley... well... anything?  That's not happening since the changes were put in to them.

• RollotamasiRollotamasi Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 898

My favorite 0.0 ship is the blaster arazu.  I also love the brutix, neut domi and Ishtar.

-Currently looking forward to FFXIV

-Currently playing EvE and Global Agenda

• MivioMivio Member Posts: 15

The Hulk.  Best ship in the game.

LOL yah gotta love the neut/droneboat surprise hulk setup for popping can flippers.

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626

For me, hands down the Sacrilege. Love that thing to death.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

My Abaddon...its my preciousssss..

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

at the moment kind of feeling the joy of the cheap disposable yet strangely dangerous, Stabber..  makes a decent roam ship, and its a fraction of the price of the vaga ;D

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981

Helios.

I like scouting out a situation. I like being first in and last out and watching for danger on WH ops. The Helios has allowed me to see more of Eve then I would have been willing to risk previous to owning it.

That said, I am a Science and Industry guy and, as close second I have to list my Retriever. After mining in frigs, cruisers, and battle cruisers, the increase I saw with the strip miners was awesome. :)

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216
    Originally posted by JGMIII

Originally posted by tvalentine

hurricane atm. It's a beast. Took out a rapier, thorax, and a ranis while there was a drake, pilgrim, and tristan blasting away at me ..... and i still got away. Cant wait to get more skills to make it more effective.

Holy shit dude! I need to cross to the Rust and duct tape side of the force!

that's nice.

Edit: I've gone 3 on 1 with my Blaster Brutix and survived but I don't have ice water in my veins like that. I would have had a heart attack lol. That's why im a Cov ops pilot sometimes I lose my head with so many ships on me. I can slow shit down if im cloaked and deal with  a situation and not have a freaking heart attack.

Much respect bro.

well tbh i didnt jump on the whole group lol. I took some rapier bait and took it down as all his friends were coming in (see my first post). then i took down the thorax rather quickly, although he got out of my optimal range so he went down much later then he should have. After that and sending my drones on the tristan he warped off. The pilgrim forgot to set his orbit or disengaged as i was aligned and MWDing away trying to hit the tackle taranis. Although once the taranis got withing web(2) and scram range he went down in a volley and i made it out with 46% or 56% (its been awhile) structure. Since my last post i've gotten great drone skills and better fitting skills, i would have loved to try that fight again with what skills i have now

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• Dis_OrdurDis_Ordur Member Posts: 1,501

My favorite ship for PvE and asthetic appearances is the Caracal.  Caldari blow for PvP, but are the very vest for PvE.  With T2 heavy missile launchers, BCS's, resistance amplifiers and shield extenders, I can solo battleships.  Since I have enough ISK now, I use Drakes for ratting, but the Caracal made me a ton of ISK without much investment at all.  It will always have a special place in my heart :)

• carlyvalentecarlyvalente Member Posts: 17

Exploration: Helios, Arazu

PVE : Hyperion, Dominix

Pvp: Mega, Deimos, Ishkur

• KrayzjoelKrayzjoel Member Posts: 906

I love to fly the vengence and malediction. I love the little  ships

Played : WOW, LOTRO, COH/COV, EQ2, SWG, and WAR.
    Playing EVE Online and AOC.
    Wtg for SW:TOR and WOD

• orlacorlac Member Posts: 549

Love my Hurricane