Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking at darkfallonline.com

13»

Comments

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by damian7

i'm reading thru the current features available to me ingame.  as a player of darkfall, i'm curious as to what exactly is being advertised on the official, updated website?

Explore five continents, countless small islands, trackless underwater depths, and a sprawling underworld. Hundreds of dungeons and adventure areas await. <<since they mention these items.. doesn't that mean something worthwhile exists in these areas? what is underwater, in regards to exploration and adventure? hundreds of dungeons and adventure areas? i take adventure areas to be like... a fort with trolls or elves in it... hundreds??? where's my hundreds???
    Five continents, countless small islands, i personally have seen underwater chests and some underwater creatures. There are also dungeons with monsters in them, nearly very of the countless island has mobs on it... check. 
    Play any of Agon's six dominant races. Each race has a unique set of abilities, as well as its own civilization, culture, and way of life. <<< unique set of abiltieis? like the wolf guys running as fast as a horsey? oh wait... that doesn't exist. what are my unique racial abilties again?

there are six races on Agon you can chose from, each race starts with different set of  attributes, the home areas looking different and even the city look different .-..check
    Meet hundreds of unique monsters, and take them on in their lairs, strongholds and domains. Repetitive monster encounters are a thing of the past.  <<< hundreds of unique monsters?  repetitive monster encounters are a thing of the past?  where are my hundreds of uniques and my non-repetitive encounters?
    There are a various of different monsters i personally have encountered, i also still NOT have seen all of them and not counted all of them. Every encounter is different.... check
    Experience a world brought to life by real-world physics and dynamic lighting and shadows. Watch trees and grass sway in the wind as sunlight peeks through passing clouds. Observe the movements of Agon's twin moons, which are part of a dynamic planetary system with smooth day/night cycles. Sail your ship through rough seas, then become hampered by fog as the waters calm. Struggle as your battlefield-bound army marches into a severe storm. In Darkfall, the weather is more than just window dressing.   <<< um, where is all this weather that has such crazy affects on warfare (both land and sea)... i mean, the weather in darkfall is more than just window dressing... why is it that a wind which can move a huge 200'+ tall tree, at its base... doesn't even mess up the hair on my character?  i mean... wind that can move that tree, at its base... is hurricane cat 5 if not 6...
    Dynamic light and shadows is top notch, trees and grass sway in the wind, sunlight peeks through passing clouds. Agons twin moons move over the sky and there is day and night cycles..check
    wind effect on arrows and ships missing , but dont care cause of what has been delivered to me.
    Uncover the mysteries of an ancient civilization, which left more than just ruins for later generations to discover. Untold riches and incredible power is the prize, as you join the race to claim an age-old inheritance  << a number of us have traveled far and wide... wtf does this statement refer to?  has anyone found ANY of this?
    There are ruins everywhere pointing to ancient civilizations...check
    You don?t have to spend endless hours playing in order to enjoy yourself, or to become successful. Even if you only play in small doses, your character can be effective within his chosen field, and a lot of fun to play. Whether you?re looking for intense involvement or just casual fun without a huge time investment, Darkfall accommodates your playing style.   <<< actual experience playing ingame proves this statement to be false.  in order to be successful, in pretty much any field, you have to macro for days/weeks.  if someone has experiences that contradict these experiences of myself (and clan/alliance m8s of mine); please post the examples, not just "nuh huh, you're wrong"... cuz it's rigor pyramids, walls of pain, swimming/running/sprinting/crouchwalking while at work/sleep, and all sorts of other macroing, in order to be considered successful in darkfall.
    if you want to beat everyone , everywhere and be master of all you have to invest time, that is MMORPG rule. The description is accurate if you not misuse the freedom is given to you by the game to try to outgrind but just play the game set your goals and try to accomplish them. Also what you admit about yourself and what you did ingame, jesus, i hope we got rid of you cause  you  and your friends/clan are macroer/exploiter..

In Darkfall, there?s much more to character development than, say, raising your riding or mining skill by mindlessly killing rats all day. Instead, you'll need to practice your skills if you want to get better at them. Darkfall?s skill based system makes sense, and it saves you from having to waste your playing time leveling.   << again, from actually playing the game, all i do is level my character.  every 25 points of a skill, you get the message "your skill X has increased to a new level".  everyone shoots for the skill 75+ area of skills.  so it's just a bunch of macroing to get to that level.  the core of the game is sieging (i.e. taking and holding territory), you NEED to have high levels of combat skills (both attack and defense) in order to be successful at sieging.  yes, a lot of zerging happens... a lot of zergers also have high levels in their skils.
    See you want all the goodies of the game the fast posiible way, insta gratification WoW type of gamer.   Why you not explore, have fun with clan events, etc. YOU do something wrong with he freedom is given to you, its not games fault.
    YOU want to be high level during sieges the fastest possible way , YOU macro / exploit, YOU want to beat everyone you meet atleast at sieges and YOU DONT play the game and let the skill raiseby playing.
    You will never have to re-roll your character again. With Darkfall?s flexible character development system, your character simply adapts to the choices you make for him. We give you hundreds of skills to learn and master, and around a hundred Prestige classes to further specialize in.   << what prestige classes?
    Prestige classes have been put aside a year prior relöease and announcced to the playerbase.
    You have the freedom to follow the rules, or to break them and face the consequences. Darkfall?s Alignment system is hard but fair.  << um... big deal, i become "evil" and i can't go to the starter areas... is there something in the starter areas that i care about?  i don't understand how this alignment system matters at all.
    You cant go to the starter areas PLUS anyone can get alignment out of you. If you can live with that ok for you. For the majority of people it matters.
    Multiple safeguards protect you from cheats and exploits that would otherwise interfere with your gaming experience.  << this is about the most inaccurate statement so far -- speed hacks, piggy backing, flying ships, et cetera...
    I dont have experienced  any hacks, in my clan 2 people have experienced hacks in 4 months, you description about the extension of the problem is highly unaccurate.  

In Darkfall, all items in the world can be made by the players. << this is simply a lie.
    Weapons, armor, food, healing potions, ships, cannons,warhulks, buildings isn't enough for you.
    These isnt a lie, it describes what you can expect in Darfall pretty much.
    Darkfall?s crafting system is intuitive, non-repetitive, challenging, useful, fun - and profitable. Using Darkfall?s virtually limitless item creator system, you could invent and be the first to use a weapon as awesome as the Flamefury Raudstaal Battleaxe of Bloodshed, or just make a simple saddle for your horse.   << the bolded, italicized, underlined portion is simply a lie.
    it is a repetive task and it is simple, but it also is intuitive  ,usefull and fun   and you simply lie

Bring your goods to market using Darkfall?s sophisticated and secure trading system, bringing buyers and sellers together easily whether they?re inside the game or not.  << this does not exist.
    has been announced months prior release, like prestige classes this was well known to the playerbase.
    Protect your home and expand your holdings as you build your empire. In Darkfall, clans struggle for supremacy and survival as they compete over land ownership, resources, and strategic objectives.  << what strategic objectives?  it lists land ownership, resources AND strategic objectives... i can see the first two... where is the third?
    Strategic objectives result from the other two. Do we own a city with port ?  do we want a fleet ? Have we enough querrys or should we attck city x ?
    Your victories are documented for posterity and success is measurable, so you'll never have to wonder what really happened. << where is the "legend" "legendary" or whatever this system is called.. where is it?
    Your Journal and Clan management menu holds various information like every kill and death.
    There are no safe zones in Darkfall. The only protection you can count on is your friends watching your back.   << tons of safe zones.  this is another outright lie.
    You mean the towers in NPC citys and some in the wild ?  You blame Aventurine to use the phrase 'hundreds' and then u wording yourslef 'tons of safezones' ? where are the 'tons of em' ? Like 3-5 % of the map is protected by towers if you want to quantify it and there are NO safe zones,  You can still attack someone in tower range, in some situation you even get away with it , there is nop safezone where attacking someone is not possible. You outright lie  
    Darkfall places no restrictions on player interaction, so there are no developer imposed safe zones, no realms, factions, PvP zones, or any other roadblocks that limit your game. Anyone can fight anyone, anywhere as long as they are willing to face the consequences - in the form of Darkfall?s alignment system.  << did someone forget to tell tasos that darkfall has safe zones? and again, what purpose does the alignment system serve, in a practical sense?
    Declare War to someone and you can kill him within tower range. simply as that. No safe zone.  You have to leave the racial NPC citys if you go red and you can get killed by anyone and everyone who kills you get alignment out of you.
      You can enjoy easy communication with your friends, even while outside the game. Darkfall?s Communication interface includes in-game message and trade boards, an IRC-style chat system, instant messaging, voice support, and even mobile phone SMS messaging.<< how do i activate something other than the bulky, idiotically implemented text chat?
    Who cares about that stuff ? However your Journal and clan management is offline accessible.
    Trade your hard earned items using Darkfall?s secure trade interface and in-game trade boards.   << does darkfall have ANY features which the site says it has?  seriously.
    Yes everything that matters, you know that important stuff that makes the game fun to play and not the fluff you whine about lol. Personally i like it they did put offline trade boards away .
    When you play Darkfall, you take part in a constantly evolving, world-spanning storyline. Your reputation will precede you, and your fame will grow through clan victories and individual achievements. Whether you're a fearless fighter, a respected leader, a persuasive politician, or a skilled artisan, you will get the recognition you deserve. In Darkfall, your deeds and views are recorded and chronicled as you become a part of - and a shaper of - world history. With Darkfall?s narrative Legend system, your name will live in fame or in infamy, and it will never be forgotten.  <<the narrative legend system is... where exactly?  more lies?
    well these is what you get in DarkFall

"When you play Darkfall, you take part in a constantly evolving, world-spanning storyline. Your reputation will precede you, and your fame will grow through clan victories and individual achievements. Whether you're a fearless fighter, a respected leader, a persuasive politician, or a skilled artisan, you will get the recognition you deserve. In Darkfall, your deeds and views are recorded and chronicled as you become a part of - and a shaper of - world history."

i dont give a shit about narrative system, the above is the important part.

Top clans and top individual players from various gaming genres will be there, along with over ten thousand simultaneous players per world. You?re in very good company.  << over ten thousand simultaneous (means the same as "concurrent") players per world... do NOT see this happening.  if someone has factual links to this occurring, please provide them.  i think this is more bullshit at this point.
    I dont think its bullshit, DarkFall handles a big amount of people in one spot very well. Provide some proof please why do you think this is bullshit. Some facts  ?   
    Test your mettle in Darkfall?s Arena Events where individual players and teams compete for fun and profit.   << you do not build "teams" to siege.  sieging is not competition for fun.  where are these arena events?  this is listed completely separately from other types of "pvp", so please do not attempt to mistake this with something OTHER than what it plainly states itself to be.
    Do you need an arena event ? organize one.
    Darkfall usual PvP by just going out in the world and meet someone is competition, very fun and gives you profit,.
    Every single person involved in the production of Darkfall is a gamer first and foremost. We?ve been where you?ve been, and we play the games you play.  <<< if this is true; then, why don't they build the game we want to play?
    They just have build a exciting game for me to play. Its not for everyone.
    We are committed to delivering and maintaining a complete, stable, and balanced game; a game that makes good on its promises, with regular and free expansion-size updates, prompt and swift customer service, and superior value for our players. << total and complete bullshit.
    The game itself and every patch indicates that the developers care about game stability, balance and completness, they have problems tho cause its their first MMO. 
    Darkfall offers you more ways to give feedback, and more ways to collaborate with the Darkfall Team in the evolution of the game. Your voice is heard loud and clear.  <<i do not think these words mean what tasos and company think they mean.
    They listen to their customers and every patch since release is proof for that. However they very silent and talk through doing more then talking about.

they have recently updated the website, as a couple of dozen OTHER features, which were advertised for YEARS on the official site, have been removed...

so, does anyone have information on where/how to access all these advertised features?  i mean, i could just be really stupid and unable to figure out how to access all these groovy features in (and out) of game.  my clan and alliance can both be filled with idiots and unable to figure any of these items out.
    but, as a darkfall player, i truly am tired of people lying about what this game is supposed to have, and is not supposed to have.  this is a truncated list, as they DID delete many features from the website, a couple of months AFTER the game was released into retail.

several items in the list above, i have seen numerous people on this forum, making contradictory statements about.  for example, recently someone went on about "darkfall people have NEVER claimed to be able to handle 10,000 concurrent players, just 10,000 subs"... quite a few items listed above, have been routinely contradicted by people on this forum, and since no one can be bothered to read the official website and stop misquoting it -- i have quoted it for everyone.

again, please, if you have examples of the items which i believe are missing... provide them... thanks in advance to everyone for your efforts in this collaborative effort.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

the revolutionary AI hyped for so long... is just a bad version of the ai we see in all current MMOs, EXCEPT when you trigger a spawn, they can see you from wherever you triggered them, regardless of you hiding.  a longer detection range is NOT what i consider revolutionary.  everything else the ai does... is a watered down version of what we already have in other MMOs.  the fact that i can climb on top of a wall, and snipe tigers and the tigers can't attack back... but i can kill them all i want -- that says it all for the game's ai, and pretty much sums up how you do pve --- you stick the mobs or get where they can't touch you and kill them at your leisure.
    Tigers aren't in the game. The sort of mobs that can't switch to range and snipe you  on the wall is limited.  You will see monsters coordinate attacks for example one skellie stay at range, the other engage you in mellee and then the one will fall back in case it gets too much damaged and will let his friend do the mellee work, while he heals and bashes you with magic damage.

Also if you stay on a wall, mobs that have ranged skills not only hit you but try to use push back/ pull spells on you so you fell of the wall. if you flee  to higher floor of a house they will follow you through every floor and meet you in highest floor.  Also you can hide behind some wall etc so mobs cant see you and they forget about you.

Not every mob is agile and fast, the big ones are slow etc. AI however cant be exchange for human behaviour. DF AI is challanging but if you enganged witth human opponenet there is much more adrenaline involved.

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    darth is willfully ignoring every question i have posed and posting "hey darkfall has all this stuff" and it is mostly items i agree with... yes, darkfall has 5 continents.  i did not dispute, nor question, that item in the op.  yet, darth posts affirming that the game has 5 continents, while completely ignoring the question i had...   what do you call that? he is not illiterate, as he is copy/pasting information and replying to it.  yet he is willfully ignoring all the questions i posed.
    is that not the definition of flamebaiting and trollling? 

I'm sure you already know the answer to that by now, damian.

It's Darth doing what he does best: Upholding his well-earned reputation as the most blatantly dishonest and willfully ignorant person I've, personally, ever had the misfortune of trying to have a debate with, on any forum, in all my 8 years playing MMOs. I've run into some characters in my time... Darth leaves them all in the dust.

It is pointless debating with him beyond calling him out on his BS, because he is just gonna come back with more of the same... ignoring valid questions, dismissing verifiable facts, revising history, contradicting himself, twisting things around, spinning, obfuscating, lying, etc. etc. When all else fails he does what he's already done in this thread... makes it about what *he* thinks; "The game has delivered on everything I want and the parts not in there weren't important anyway. It's perfectly fine".

Keep up the good fight and keep the facts out in the open where newer people who might not know better can see what's really going on with DF, AV and Tasos. But, if you're waiting for Darth to have an honest moment or concede anything you point out as true or valid... well, I hope you're ready for a long wait.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Originally posted by gamerman98

Don't be surprised or disappointed because AV will never deliver all that they promised (hence why they changed the feature list) because the answer is so simple, yet they are too afraid to say that they do not have the skills to implement all of the so called "revolutionary" features that got people hooked on it in the first place. And as for the last fanboi (Darth) that still to this day feels he should defend a game that will probably not last a year, not only is he blowing it all out of his ass, he too is completely clueless as to the real situation.

LOL

They build the core game and the important stuff and they cant build the fluff and the not imporatant stuff ?

just continue to troll

I just love how you continue to write off anything that didn't make the cut as "fluff".  Heaven forbid people wanting a real sandbox game, you know like the one AV's mouth piece hyped for years.  Your loyalty to the game is admiable, but seriously Darth.  You really need to give it a rest.  It's like you can't (maybe won't?) take a look pass anything you don't want to see.  I'll make a deal with you though.  If you admit here and now, that Darkfall is not a Sandbox, and/or MMORPG, yet instead a PvP MMO. I'll give you credit for being right for once, in all your months of Darkfall posting.  Deal?

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• WOWthatsucksWOWthatsucks Member Posts: 164

DarkFall must be the only game where trolls go through every word on a description given noumerous times. I mean Aventurine has done litle to no advertise and the description is the litle advertising they do on their own site, i am sure these is the 10th topic about that and is getting old really.

thats getting old but av lying isnt,,, right gotcha....misleading would be buyers....not old though hmmm... you friend are confused sounds like...wastecase.

• dreamsfadedreamsfade Member UncommonPosts: 339

DarkFall must be the only game where trolls go through every word on a description given noumerous times. I mean Aventurine has done litle to no advertise and the description is the litle advertising they do on their own site, i am sure these is the 10th topic about that and is getting old really.

would you like to buy a game which the website states all these "features / explorations / etc.. " that the OP has listed above only to find out none of that shit exists in the game? i know i wouldn't i don't give a flying fuck who made the game or what kind of genre the game is listed under i would be pissed and demand a refund.

• WOWthatsucksWOWthatsucks Member Posts: 164

i'm reading thru the current features available to me ingame.  as a player of darkfall, i'm curious as to what exactly is being advertised on the official, updated website?

Explore five continents, countless small islands, trackless underwater depths, and a sprawling underworld. Hundreds of dungeons and adventure areas await. <<since they mention these items.. doesn't that mean something worthwhile exists in these areas? what is underwater, in regards to exploration and adventure? hundreds of dungeons and adventure areas? i take adventure areas to be like... a fort with trolls or elves in it... hundreds??? where's my hundreds???
    Five continents, countless small islands, i personally have seen underwater chests and some underwater creatures. There are also dungeons with monsters in them, nearly very of the countless island has mobs on it... check. 
    Play any of Agon's six dominant races. Each race has a unique set of abilities, as well as its own civilization, culture, and way of life. <<< unique set of abiltieis? like the wolf guys running as fast as a horsey? oh wait... that doesn't exist. what are my unique racial abilties again?

there are six races on Agon you can chose from, each race starts with different set of  attributes, the home areas looking different and even the city look different .-..check
    Meet hundreds of unique monsters, and take them on in their lairs, strongholds and domains. Repetitive monster encounters are a thing of the past.  <<< hundreds of unique monsters?  repetitive monster encounters are a thing of the past?  where are my hundreds of uniques and my non-repetitive encounters?
    There are a various of different monsters i personally have encountered, i also still NOT have seen all of them and not counted all of them. Every encounter is different.... check
    Experience a world brought to life by real-world physics and dynamic lighting and shadows. Watch trees and grass sway in the wind as sunlight peeks through passing clouds. Observe the movements of Agon's twin moons, which are part of a dynamic planetary system with smooth day/night cycles. Sail your ship through rough seas, then become hampered by fog as the waters calm. Struggle as your battlefield-bound army marches into a severe storm. In Darkfall, the weather is more than just window dressing.   <<< um, where is all this weather that has such crazy affects on warfare (both land and sea)... i mean, the weather in darkfall is more than just window dressing... why is it that a wind which can move a huge 200'+ tall tree, at its base... doesn't even mess up the hair on my character?  i mean... wind that can move that tree, at its base... is hurricane cat 5 if not 6...
    Dynamic light and shadows is top notch, trees and grass sway in the wind, sunlight peeks through passing clouds. Agons twin moons move over the sky and there is day and night cycles..check
    wind effect on arrows and ships missing , but dont care cause of what has been delivered to me.
    Uncover the mysteries of an ancient civilization, which left more than just ruins for later generations to discover. Untold riches and incredible power is the prize, as you join the race to claim an age-old inheritance  << a number of us have traveled far and wide... wtf does this statement refer to?  has anyone found ANY of this?
    You don?t have to spend endless hours playing in order to enjoy yourself, or to become successful. Even if you only play in small doses, your character can be effective within his chosen field, and a lot of fun to play. Whether you?re looking for intense involvement or just casual fun without a huge time investment, Darkfall accommodates your playing style.   <<< actual experience playing ingame proves this statement to be false.  in order to be successful, in pretty much any field, you have to macro for days/weeks.  if someone has experiences that contradict these experiences of myself (and clan/alliance m8s of mine); please post the examples, not just "nuh huh, you're wrong"... cuz it's rigor pyramids, walls of pain, swimming/running/sprinting/crouchwalking while at work/sleep, and all sorts of other macroing, in order to be considered successful in darkfall.
    if you want to beat everyone , everywhere and be master of all you have to invest time, that is MMORPG rule. The description is accurate if you not misuse the freedom is given to you by the game to try to outgrind but just play the game set your goals and try to accomplish them. Also what you admit about yourself and what you did ingame, jesus, i hope we got rid of you cause  you  and your friends/clan are macroer/exploiter..

In Darkfall, there?s much more to character development than, say, raising your riding or mining skill by mindlessly killing rats all day. Instead, you'll need to practice your skills if you want to get better at them. Darkfall?s skill based system makes sense, and it saves you from having to waste your playing time leveling.   << again, from actually playing the game, all i do is level my character.  every 25 points of a skill, you get the message "your skill X has increased to a new level".  everyone shoots for the skill 75+ area of skills.  so it's just a bunch of macroing to get to that level.  the core of the game is sieging (i.e. taking and holding territory), you NEED to have high levels of combat skills (both attack and defense) in order to be successful at sieging.  yes, a lot of zerging happens... a lot of zergers also have high levels in their skils.
    See you want all the goodies of the game the fast posiible way, insta gratification WoW type of gamer.   Why you not explore, have fun with clan events, etc. YOU do something wrong with he freedom is given to you, its not games fault.
    YOU want to be high level during sieges the fastest possible way , YOU macro / exploit, YOU want to beat everyone you meet atleast at sieges and YOU DONT play the game and let the skill raiseby playing.
    You will never have to re-roll your character again. With Darkfall?s flexible character development system, your character simply adapts to the choices you make for him. We give you hundreds of skills to learn and master, and around a hundred Prestige classes to further specialize in.   << what prestige classes?
    Prestige classes have been put aside a year prior relöease and announcced to the playerbase.
    You have the freedom to follow the rules, or to break them and face the consequences. Darkfall?s Alignment system is hard but fair.  << um... big deal, i become "evil" and i can't go to the starter areas... is there something in the starter areas that i care about?  i don't understand how this alignment system matters at all.
    You cant go to the starter areas PLUS anyone can get alignment out of you. If you can live with that ok for you. For the majority of people it matters.
    Multiple safeguards protect you from cheats and exploits that would otherwise interfere with your gaming experience.  << this is about the most inaccurate statement so far -- speed hacks, piggy backing, flying ships, et cetera...
    I dont have experienced  any hacks, in my clan 2 people have experienced hacks in 4 months, you description about the extension of the problem is highly unaccurate.  

In Darkfall, all items in the world can be made by the players. << this is simply a lie.
    Weapons, armor, food, healing potions, ships, cannons,warhulks, buildings isn't enough for you.
    Darkfall?s crafting system is intuitive, non-repetitive, challenging, useful, fun - and profitable. Using Darkfall?s virtually limitless item creator system, you could invent and be the first to use a weapon as awesome as the Flamefury Raudstaal Battleaxe of Bloodshed, or just make a simple saddle for your horse.   << the bolded, italicized, underlined portion is simply a lie.
    it is a repetive task and it is simple, but it also is intuitive  ,usefull and fun   and you simply lie

Bring your goods to market using Darkfall?s sophisticated and secure trading system, bringing buyers and sellers together easily whether they?re inside the game or not.  << this does not exist.
    has been announced months prior release, like prestige classes this was well known to the playerbase.
    Protect your home and expand your holdings as you build your empire. In Darkfall, clans struggle for supremacy and survival as they compete over land ownership, resources, and strategic objectives.  << what strategic objectives?  it lists land ownership, resources AND strategic objectives... i can see the first two... where is the third?
    Strategic objectives result from the other two. Do we own a city with port ?  do we want a fleet ? Have we enough querrys or should we attck city x ?
    Your victories are documented for posterity and success is measurable, so you'll never have to wonder what really happened. << where is the "legend" "legendary" or whatever this system is called.. where is it?
    Your Journal and Clan management menu holds various information like every kill and death.
    There are no safe zones in Darkfall. The only protection you can count on is your friends watching your back.   << tons of safe zones.  this is another outright lie.
    You mean the towers in NPC citys and some in the wild ?  You blame Aventurine to use the phrase 'hundreds' and then u wording yourslef 'tons of safezones' ? where are the 'tons of em' ? Like 3-5 % of the map is protected by towers if you want to quantify it and there are NO safe zones,  You can still attack someone in tower range, in some situation you even get away with it , there is nop safezone where attacking someone is not possible. You outright lie  
    Darkfall places no restrictions on player interaction, so there are no developer imposed safe zones, no realms, factions, PvP zones, or any other roadblocks that limit your game. Anyone can fight anyone, anywhere as long as they are willing to face the consequences - in the form of Darkfall?s alignment system.  << did someone forget to tell tasos that darkfall has safe zones? and again, what purpose does the alignment system serve, in a practical sense?
    Declare War to someone and you can kill him within tower range. simply as that. No safe zone.  You have to leave the racial NPC citys if you go red and you can get killed by anyone and everyone who kills you get alignment out of you.
      You can enjoy easy communication with your friends, even while outside the game. Darkfall?s Communication interface includes in-game message and trade boards, an IRC-style chat system, instant messaging, voice support, and even mobile phone SMS messaging.<< how do i activate something other than the bulky, idiotically implemented text chat?
    Who cares about that stuff ? However your Journal and clan management is offline accessible.
    Trade your hard earned items using Darkfall?s secure trade interface and in-game trade boards.   << does darkfall have ANY features which the site says it has?  seriously.
    Yes everything that matters, you know that important stuff that makes the game fun to play and not the fluff you whine about lol. Personally i like it they did put offline trade boards away .
    When you play Darkfall, you take part in a constantly evolving, world-spanning storyline. Your reputation will precede you, and your fame will grow through clan victories and individual achievements. Whether you're a fearless fighter, a respected leader, a persuasive politician, or a skilled artisan, you will get the recognition you deserve. In Darkfall, your deeds and views are recorded and chronicled as you become a part of - and a shaper of - world history. With Darkfall?s narrative Legend system, your name will live in fame or in infamy, and it will never be forgotten.  <<the narrative legend system is... where exactly?  more lies?

"When you play Darkfall, you take part in a constantly evolving, world-spanning storyline. Your reputation will precede you, and your fame will grow through clan victories and individual achievements. Whether you're a fearless fighter, a respected leader, a persuasive politician, or a skilled artisan, you will get the recognition you deserve. In Darkfall, your deeds and views are recorded and chronicled as you become a part of - and a shaper of - world history."

Top clans and top individual players from various gaming genres will be there, along with over ten thousand simultaneous players per world. You?re in very good company.  << over ten thousand simultaneous (means the same as "concurrent") players per world... do NOT see this happening.  if someone has factual links to this occurring, please provide them.  i think this is more bullshit at this point.
    I dont think its bullshit, DarkFall handles a big amount of people in one spot very well. Provide some proof please why do you think this is bullshit. Some facts  ?   
    Test your mettle in Darkfall?s Arena Events where individual players and teams compete for fun and profit.   << you do not build "teams" to siege.  sieging is not competition for fun.  where are these arena events?  this is listed completely separately from other types of "pvp", so please do not attempt to mistake this with something OTHER than what it plainly states itself to be.
    Darkfall usual PvP by just going out in the world and meet someone is competition, very fun and gives you profit,.
    Every single person involved in the production of Darkfall is a gamer first and foremost. We?ve been where you?ve been, and we play the games you play.  <<< if this is true; then, why don't they build the game we want to play?
    We are committed to delivering and maintaining a complete, stable, and balanced game; a game that makes good on its promises, with regular and free expansion-size updates, prompt and swift customer service, and superior value for our players. << total and complete bullshit.
    The game itself and every patch indicates that the developers care about game stability, balance and completness, they have problems tho cause its their first MMO. 
    Darkfall offers you more ways to give feedback, and more ways to collaborate with the Darkfall Team in the evolution of the game. Your voice is heard loud and clear.  <<i do not think these words mean what tasos and company think they mean.
    They listen to their customers and every patch since release is proof for that. However they very silent and talk through doing more then talking about.

they have recently updated the website, as a couple of dozen OTHER features, which were advertised for YEARS on the official site, have been removed...

so, does anyone have information on where/how to access all these advertised features?  i mean, i could just be really stupid and unable to figure out how to access all these groovy features in (and out) of game.  my clan and alliance can both be filled with idiots and unable to figure any of these items out.
    but, as a darkfall player, i truly am tired of people lying about what this game is supposed to have, and is not supposed to have.  this is a truncated list, as they DID delete many features from the website, a couple of months AFTER the game was released into retail.

several items in the list above, i have seen numerous people on this forum, making contradictory statements about.  for example, recently someone went on about "darkfall people have NEVER claimed to be able to handle 10,000 concurrent players, just 10,000 subs"... quite a few items listed above, have been routinely contradicted by people on this forum, and since no one can be bothered to read the official website and stop misquoting it -- i have quoted it for everyone.

again, please, if you have examples of the items which i believe are missing... provide them... thanks in advance to everyone for your efforts in this collaborative effort.

well itsa know to the player base....well dude! douibtful that the player base needs to know the features from the min site.. i'm sure thats for the would be players looking tio see what the game offers.. and it is still missleading.. thats the whole point of  the op.....wow twist and twist dude......just wow...

• OrthedosOrthedos Member Posts: 1,771
    Originally posted by pwnzorellOr

Originally posted by Postal13

Even with these missing features, would you recommend the game?  I've been hesitant since launch, but would still like to play it.

if there was a trial, or if it would cost as much as an indie-product goes for i would say : yes, give it a go, even tho it has awful issues.

but paying 50€ just to find out that the game is crap, buggy, exploitable like nothing else, extremely underpopulated and possibly not something you find fun to play ... i would say : no way. :)

just read the official forum about serverpopulation, what issues people complain about, how it affects their playing experiance and about what they want aventurine to fix immediately.

Even if the game is free, I have to put in my free time, I have to invest in my mood, my attachment to my alts.

Giving me a free beating is not somthing I look for, giving me a bottle of spoilt milk free is not a blessing.

I already spent 10 hours a day working like hell to earn my paycheck.  The remaining 5 hours a day (apart from chores and comuting) before bed is precious.  If you want me to suffer like I did during work, fine pay me extra, as in overtime work.  Asking me to endure the bad patch of codes and totally obnoxious community (Darth, check, Javac, check, you name it, check).  Ok pay me twice my hours wages and maybe.

Postal, if you enjoy being abused by the developer and his bunch of clown loyalist, wait for free trial.  If you want meaning entertainment, find something that you like.  No one can tell you want will entertain you.

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    Originally posted by Orthedos

Originally posted by maxnrosy

You can enjoy easy communication with your friends, even while outside the game. Darkfall?s Communication interface includes in-game message and trade boards, an IRC-style chat system, instant messaging, voice support, and even mobile phone SMS messaging.  << how do i activate something other than the bulky, idiotically implemented text chat?

how do i enjoy easy communication with my friends, even while outside the game?
    the communication INTERFACE includes in-game message and trade boards <<< how do i access this?
    an irc-style chat system <<< this is ... where?  the chat system currently  in game does not have ANYTHING resembling irc...
    voice support?  you access this how?
    mobile phone sms messaging?  how do i do this?

now, my original comment alludes to i DO have access to that bulky (the chat windows are way too big/unwieldy with their huge borders and inability to combine multiple chats into one window, have to use different tabs AND SYSTEM will not combine into one window... other games allow you to have multiple chat channels within a single tab of a single window... THEREFORE... i call this bulky, idiotically implementned text (because it doesn't have any of the voice stuff mentioned) chat -- bulky, and idiotically implemented AS COMPARED TO OTHER GAMES CURRENTLY out?

so, i see that you did see that statement in the op, darth.  i have elaborated on it, and am more than happy to elaborate upon all my other comments in the op.

i kinda admire your dedication to stay ontopic and retorting to those who try to spin the info you provided.

Oh and i like how some fanboys completely ignored your questions, and quickly answered other posts since you kinda smelted them.

Yes i did noticed they did update their website, they did lower the ammount of features that didnt make it into the game.

now for those who are nerd raging that darkfall website has not updated. here is more proof.

www.darkfallonline.com/news/

They have been updating thier website other than mentioning crap in the froums. as you see there is recent news changes so seriously  STOP THE BULLSHIT THAT AV HAS NOT UPDATED THEIR SITE . TAKE OFF THE ROSE COLOR GLASSES.

you can even find some reviews there even one from ign.com that was made  by a blogger and not an official reviewer.

sad indeed.

No no no, we are not talking to Darth and his bunch.  Those are not normal humans with an intent to talk.  They are here to spin and by now I for one automatically ignores what they say.  Unless I can quote them to show counterexamples.  To show to others, I won't talk to them.

I am here to read what others are saying, exchange ideas and maybe knock off a new idea somewhere.  I won't deal with these trolling fanbots.  I seriously believe they are not loyal to DF, they just use DF as a venue to flame and bait.  I consider a waste of time addressing them, or talking to them.  They are not worth my time.

Actually, there is a lunatic man down the street near my current client's office.  In rags, searching trash bins for half smoked cigarettes.  Once in a while I go visit my client, I would park near where he wanders.  He would occasionally sprew out a lot of random words.  If you were me, would you bother reason with him?  Can he be reasoned with?  I move on.

As long as this thread is, I don't think any questions were answered from the OP.   Kinda sad that the fans of the game can't even answer questions about the feature list on the front page of the website.

• QurellQurell Member Posts: 41

We are aware of them not being in the game (hey this might even be a good thing), the question is why it's still on the homepage. What if the situation had been different, that they had included prestige classes but not sieging, had you been upset then? There is no difference.

If you drop a feature, which all developers do, you update your feature list. There is no excuses for not doing this. 

Originally posted by Qurell

We are aware of them not being in the game (hey this might even be a good thing), the question is why it's still on the homepage. What if the situation had been different, that they had included prestige classes but not sieging, had you been upset then? There is no difference.

If you drop a feature, which all developers do, you update your feature list. There is no excuses for not doing this. 

There is a reason for so doing, they want sub, they need sub, even by hook and crook.  I do not believe they are too busy fixing the game to fix the web.  They spent so much QQ on a review, they spend so much time trolling their own boards.

They double charge VISAs till they got blacklisted, they start talking about NA servers when their only server is vacant.  I feel they are crooks and crooks do not make mistake with marketing, unless it is in their favour (aka lying).

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728

Dude we all already know... darkfall is a fail (well it atleast started the sandbox mmo's)

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

Originally posted by rensta

Dude we all already know... darkfall is a fail (well it atleast started the sandbox mmo's)

I am worried, I am not so optimistic.

DF started a very bad precedence, a bunch of crooks make away with 10m euros and got the attention of the Credit card operators.  Future projects will have a much harder time raising funds and maybe CC will be a lot more restrictive when dealing with new games.  The future is less bright b/c of DF.

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

Originally posted by Orthedos

No no no, we are not talking to Darth and his bunch.  Those are not normal humans with an intent to talk.  They are here to spin and by now I for one automatically ignores what they say.  Unless I can quote them to show counterexamples.  To show to others, I won't talk to them.
    I am here to read what others are saying, exchange ideas and maybe knock off a new idea somewhere.  I won't deal with these trolling fanbots.  I seriously believe they are not loyal to DF, they just use DF as a venue to flame and bait.  I consider a waste of time addressing them, or talking to them.  They are not worth my time.
    Actually, there is a lunatic man down the street near my current client's office.  In rags, searching trash bins for half smoked cigarettes.  Once in a while I go visit my client, I would park near where he wanders.  He would occasionally sprew out a lot of random words.  If you were me, would you bother reason with him?  Can he be reasoned with?  I move on.

No no no , we are not talking to Damian and his bunch. Those are not normal humans with the intent to talk. There are here to pester any diskussion with their hate drivel. Everyone should ignore these guys who have no life other to talk shit in forums about games they hate and insult people who like the game.

I am here to exchange ideas about the game and not read the mentzal diaarrho of the usual hater who s only intent is to flame and bait. Actually they are lunatics and jerks who i believe live under a bridge according to their behaviour and the free time they have on their hands.

Personally i have asked numerous times these trash to move on and go find them a game they like. Instead they continue to pester a forum and insult the fans of the game using these forum for exhacnge ideas.

what you state in the quoted, and what you do, are very different.

you have done nothing but troll this thread.

show me wrong, and actually reply to something from the op.  or, the ONE item you picked out from the op (about chat), which i elaborated extensively upon -- reply to that.

just stop trolling.  we darkfall players are tired of people posing as fanbois who do nothing but troll and misinform on this forum.

cite where i am typing untruths.  i have cited numerous untruths you have typed.  STOP TROLLING -- post factual information and inform me, and others, or just go play darkfall (if you even have an account) but stop the trolling.

you post items about "oh i don't speak spanish, but this spanish site rates the game 9+ -- this is a great review"... that is complete trolling and flamebaiting.  you have posted numerous times in this thread, either personally attacking, or just trolling --- reply to the op... help out with information on items from the op...

i don't care about spin, about how everyone should read every post for the past 10 years made by tasos, otherwise we're too stupid to play the game.

a product is available ONLY via digital download.  that product's website is full of false advertising.  you will not see an NA server until the website is updated to the current features.  if items in the op are current; please advise how i activate them.  if they are not; then it's just false advertisement on a pretty large scale.

tl:dr - proof or stfu.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• krisoooookrisooooo Member Posts: 124
    Originally posted by Adam1902

I'll keep it nice and short.

The website is out of date, everyone knows this. It hasn't been updated for 4 or more years.

They will be bringing us a new site "soon", and my guess is that you will probably be able to use in-game features (friends, clan management) through the site.

I'll edit the post with a link where they hint at a new site.

EDIT: Here you go:

Our number one concern is the quality of the experience for our existing users. We don’t want to create any problems by allowing too many new users in. This is why we have no boxes in the market, why we haven’t been promoting the game, why our new site isn’t up yet, why we don’t offer a free trial, why we don’t offer more payment options etc.

- http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=191365

They want to make Darkfall more public, they want to upgrade their website. But they feel that with only one server, the demand will be too high, this is why there is still no “Buy Darkfall” button anywhere and our release has been limited to the Darkfall community. aswell as they probably don't want to use resources on a website just yet. Things will change when they get a new / some new servers open I believe.

This kind of information honestly isn't hard to find if you simply read the news on their forum.

*sigh* Adam, the things you just said are complete and utter bullshit. There are many people that don't visit forums or sites or whatever, they just hear about Darkfall and like the sound of the game, go check the site and see all those "amazing" features. What do they do? They buy the game, log in and find out that they were screwed with playing a huge piece of crap. All those statements on the site are a lie, and it's NOT f***ing hard to remove them, all they need is a MINUTE! But if they do it, what will the feature list say? 

"We have a huge empty world, FPS combat with big pvp fights and a couple of thousand people, oh and tons of grinding!  Don't like those features? Your a carebear and you should simply leave this site and let the most hardcore nerds of this wolrd to play our game."

Originally posted by krisooooo

*sigh* Adam, the things you just said are complete and utter bullshit. There are many people that don't visit forums or sites or whatever, they just hear about Darkfall and like the sound of the game, go check the site and see all those "amazing" features. What do they do? They buy the game, log in and find out that they were screwed with playing a huge piece of crap. All those statements on the site are a lie, and it's NOT f***ing hard to remove them, all they need is a MINUTE! But if they do it, what will the feature list say? 
    "We have a huge empty world, FPS combat with big pvp fights and a couple of thousand people, oh and tons of grinding!  Don't like those features? Your a carebear and you should simply leave this site and let the most hardcore nerds of this wolrd to play our game."

Funny thing is our clan got bigger last two weeks with people new to game finding out the game is much better then the hater makes them believe on forums.

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

i have personally been to many islands which are completely barren as far as interactable items and mobs.  i have seen sharks and sea monsters and maybe two underwater chests close to land.  i do not consider this to be "trackless underwater depths".  very little in the way of underwater adventure exists.  there may be a hundred dungeons+adventure areas; but nowhere close to hundreds (plural)
    this statement is VERY lacking and lackluster.  this does not mean darkfall is a bad game.  but it does overhype the game to new players.  player expectations will be artificially high, from reading "features" such as this, and will be disappointed when they discover that there really isn't wonderful underwater adventures awaiting them.  very few games have anything to do underwater.  even wow has more underwater adventures (i.e. cities, quests, variety of mobs, etc) than darkfall.  if we're counting the sharks/sea monsters in darkfall, then wow has a bazillion items more.
    this is an area in which darkfall has severaly let us down.
    hundreds of encounters?  the thing everyone complains about is that there's hardly any mobs ingame.  if you count every single mob encounter; sure, you might have a couple of hundred.  is that how darkfall defines "dungeon" and "adventure area"?  every single mob encounter?
    again, a great and severe let down.

are you stating that because my race is a different physical size, and starts with different stat levels... THAT counts as "each race has a unique set of abilities"?  this is obviously not what darkfall devs intended, as they did state items (giving only ONE such example) as mahirim being able to run as fast as a mount, if they drop to all 4s.  based upon that statement - different physical sizes and starting stats should NOT be counted in the "unique SET of abilties".  if that IS what darkfall devs intended --  again, this is a HUGE let down.  player expectations need to be set appropriately.

instead of "each race has a unique set of abilities" it should read something like "each race is a different height, and each race starts with different stat points"... the official statement and what is in game is  very different.  as a player, i am incredibly disappointed that there are NO "unique" sets of abilities for each race.

i see lots of random mobs.  i don't see hundreds of uniques, i don't even see dozens of uniques.

if i wipe out a bunch of npc elves.. the same elves respawn.  maybe it's one more druid, this time, one less druid next time -- but they reappear either in the same spot, or feet away from where the previous mob spawned.  i can sit on a rooftop and snipe the same elves all day long.

this is the definition of a repetitive encounter.  orcs never spawn where the elves spawn, nor do anything else - it is always elves (or orcs, or tigers, or whatever is spawning there - it is always the same mob spawning)... 

the mobs always spawn in the same location.  if i defeat them all, i do not have to move from my present location - they WILL respawn where i can continue to attack them, in the same areas they have been respawning all day.

this IS repetitive monster encounters.

if you are attesting that "oh 6 elves spawned this time, instead of 7 elves like last time" and saying THAT means it is NON-repetitive monster encounters - then you are being very nitpicky.  that is not the spirit of what is stated, that is a perverted twist on what is stated - it is very misleading.

if that is what you are espousing; then, player expectations NEED to be reset in regards to these non-repetitive monster encounters... "mobs will respawn in the same general area, and may have 1 or 2 more/less than the last respawn" <<< this is an accurate statement as to what happens.  this is nowhere near the claim of "repetitive monster encounters are a thing of the past".

i am NOT nitpicking words.  i am reading IN CONTEXT, statements which are completely inaccurate.

this is another area that is HORRIBLY wrong and completely misleading.  yet, you defend it.  this statement is a complete lie - repetitive monster encounters are ALL you encounter.  ask anyone that plays if they see different mob types (i.e. elves instead of trolls or tigers,  - a different mob type) spawn... or if they farm a particular spot, for hours, days, even weeks -- do those mobs ever move to another location?  i speak from experience - no, they do not... not even if they are farmed at LEAST 16 hours a day, for the past 2+ months.
    what you care for, or do not care for is IRRELEVANT, it does not matter, it has no bearing here. at all. period. there is no weather.  the official site SPECIFICALLY states that storms will adversely affect naval battles and fog cound hinder a ground army.  these items simply do not exist.
    wind is unrealistic, for the reason i pointed out - huge tree swaying at the base, but doesn't affect characters or ANYTHING else in game, in the slightest whit. 
    did i say anything about twin moons or day and night cycle?  i have never heard that the existence of moon(s) or day and night existing - referred to as weather.  i specifically mentioned the specific items i quoted - weather.  weather and its affects on warfare.
    you admit that wind doesn't affect anything.  so even with your ignoring the specific examples the site gives - you admit this feature is missing, all the while attesting (that items i agree exist) night and day exist.
    yes, night and day and moons exist.  this has no bearing on WEATHER existing.
    please at least once, stick to the points being made and questioned.  if i ask you what time of day it is, and you respond with "i like apples"; then, should i take you seriously?  that is exactly what you continue to do every time you've posted.
    ruins, sure... what is there?  what age-old inheritance am i discovering and trying to recover?  what untold riches and incredible power???  where's the "check" for those items?  you put "check" by everything.  to me "check" means that these items exist.  most of the times you put "check", the items i'm questioning DO NOT EXIST.

"check" obviously does not mean what you think it means.  or you're simply lying. 
     what clan do you play in?  every clan i have run across, friend or foe - has exploited to the fullest, and CONTINUES TO THIS DAY with walls of pain, afk swimming/running/crouchwalking, and every other exploit and macro they can use to get an edge.

why?

BECAUSE THIS IS A PVP GAME - THE ONLY WAY YOU WIN IS TO GET BETTER STATS, HIGHER SKILL LEVELS, BETTER GEAR AND HIGHER NUMBERS.

it is a nonstop competition.  your statements above, are completely carebear. 

everyone the holds a city or hamlet, exploits and macros and grinds nonstop.  you obviously either do not play, or are part of a clan that holds NOTHING.  this is a competitive pvp game - PLAYER VS PLAYER... if you have 100 str and i have 25 str, if you have 100 in 1h sword MASTERY, 100 parry, and i have 20 in each (cuz i just "play the game" and "exploit npcs for gold"); then, you will whoop my ass, no matter my personal/player skill. 
    this does not exist.  these features are complete lies.  a reasonable person DOES expect to go to a game's official site (especially a game which can only be purchased online and only delivered via direct download... versus going to a store and buying a box) - to be ACCURATE.  this statement is completely a lie.  this WAS a unique feature; but, like all the other unique features advertised (either currently or in the past) -- it has been removed from the game. 
    why would it matter to the majority of people?  the MAJORITY of players are in clans... they either control, or are allied to someone who controls - a hamlet or a city OR they hang out at a chaos city.  other than to PK noobs, i can not recall anyone in clan, or clan alliance chat - stating they were going to a starter town for ANYTHING... even chaos towns offer everything you can get from a start town.

the facts of how clans associate/ally themselves in the player cities, player hamlets, and chaos towns - disproves the need to EVER visit a starter town.  and if you're some noob type (eternal noobs even), and you're hiding in a starter town -- you won't be pking anyone anyways.

alignment system is completely useless.  i stand by this.  the amount of players NOT in starter towns, further proves the point.
    every single siege i have been in... at the LEAST, i have seen 1-4 people piggy backing.  that is not an intended feature of the game.  that is a HACK.  you haven't seen youtube videos of flying ships?  if someone can fly away in your ship; then, why would you ever bring a ship to battle?  how many ships have been involved in battles since that video?

the fact that you do not engage in the core of the game - sieging; does not change the fact about the prevelance  of hacks in the game.  tbqh - from all your statements, i am beginning to believe if you ARE in a clan, it is a very tiny clan which does not hold any territory and does not ever siege.

do you understand what the word "all" means?  if you do - then you are lying.
    why?
    it is a simple statement.  what furniture can i create? what statues can i create? curtains? rugs? silverware? plates? candles? torches (to be mounted on walls), the list goes on and on.
    this is a lie.  you can not create ALL items in the world.  uo -- you can make most all items in the world, lots of the above.  darkfall does not come anywhere near this claim.
    so, you defending it, is also a lie.
    stop lying.
     wow... what exactly is intuitive, useful and fun about sitting there for 5-20+ seconds... clicking a button. waiting 5-20+ seconds again... clicking a button.  rinse, repeat.

are you centering in on "useful" and ignoring intuitive, non-repetitive, challenging, and fun?  notice how i don't edit out words that don't EXACTLY support my statements.  yes, it is useful to a point.  it is not intuitive. it is not non-repetitive.  it is not challenging.  it is NOT fun.  it is boring, repetitive and just shit.

i do not lie.  you actually find this crafting to be fun?  it is about as fun as watching paint dry to me.  i'll give you that it is useful, and you could find this boring shit to be fun... but everything else is completely FALSE.  a lie. or, are your expectations honestly THAT low?  this is definitely an area that should be updated to "it's useful".  otherwise, customers go in expecting something fun and revolutionary and they get shit.
    just on this forum, you see, at least once a week, someone asking if the game has made it to retail, OR how do you buy this game... only fanbois stalk everything on the forums and refer to items mentioned ONLY on the forums - from a year ago!~   NORMAL PEOPLE obviously do not stalk a game for years and THEN go buy it.  they hear mention of it, go check it out, and then buy it.  your constant reference to old posts for information not mentioned on the website - makes no sense at all.  not one whit - to a REASONABLE person.

normal people go to a website, look at what the game (only available online, only available thru digital download, i.e. you can't order a box from online and you can't buy a box in a store) offers; and makes decisions based upon that.

i keep repeating this - because it is very important.  this IS their marketing.  they are actively marketing a game which is far far far better than the game you purchase.  they are actively misleading customers.  if the website showed a game far WORSE than the game you purchase - that would not be as bad.  people would be PLEASANTLY surprised by all the EXTRAS ingame, which they did not expect.

i honestly do not know how to convey this in a different fashion

WHAT WAS ANNOUNCED ON SOME FORUM SOMEWHERE AND NOT READILY AVAILABLE FROM A CASUAL PERUSAL OF THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE - DOES NOT MATTER ONE WHIT TO A REASONABLE PERSON, OFFICER, NOR COURTS
    i think i should just give up at this point.  you just make up your own definitions for words and terms and to hell with what a normal, reasonable person would/should expect.

if that is this legend system; then it is very incredibly stupid and a complete and utter letdown. you refer to lots of stuff on dfo's forums.  is there a reference on the forums which says this crap is what the legend system is?
    every starter area.  every city.  lazer towers.  how many starter areas are there per race?  how many cities are there?  it is a HELL of a lot more than "no safe zones".  what is the CORE of the game?  to take and control territories.  that IS the core of the game.  what percentage of THOSE areas are NOT safe zones?

you continue to nitpick at words and just make shit up which has little, if any, bearing on the topic.  wtf over.
    if you are trying to say there are no safe zones. you are incorrect.  MANY safe zones exist.  MANY. you point out ways to avoid those safe zones... but the zones exist.
    wow.  go troll somewhere else.  so, we're in agreement that all of this is a complete lie.  thanks for the affirmation of even MORE false advertising.  these items WOULD be revolutionary and unique... but as with EVERYTHING that makes darkfall revolutionary and unique - this does not exist in game.
    actually, everything that would have made darkfall unique and revolutionary... well, seems to not be part of the game, and exists only as false advertising to sucker in potential players/revenue.

you say you don't care about a lot of ADVERTISED features.   tbh, what you want does not matter one whit.  we are talking about what is advertised for the game.

damn near all the features listed are either lies, or very misleading.  you get upset when you repeatedly can't answer why the website is so WRONG, and so you go "i don't care".  don't post if you don't care.  stop posting inaccurate information.
    i would love to.  have darkfall reenable the page that allows you to see concurrent players logged in.  lack of a queue is pretty good proof that it's not 10k concurrent.  or did you never play when there was a queue to get into the game?
    is there some type of arena?  we're not asking you for your opinion.  i am enquiring about a stated feature.  do you understand that there is a difference between the two?  because there is.
    it's for a few thousand obviously, a lot of which paying customers are very unhappy. can your sub(s) singlehandedly keep them afloat?  guess we'll see.
    except when tasos spends a lot of time QQing about a bad review, while not being bothered to tell paying customers why the server is down for 10 hours out the blue.  BUT he's making QQ postings about that bad review during the time the game is down.  that's just one example.  from factual happenings, i'm sorry, but they don't give a shit.
     bad review - week of QQing.  lots of hacks - still lots of hacks in game.  sorry, those words do not mean what tasos thinks they mean. oh but wait, you think hacks don't exist.  further proof.

tl:dr even from a very ardent supporter, we have proof positive that 90% of the features brought up in the op, simply do not exist.

i honestly don't believe there is really much more to be said on the subject.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

This argument will be raging forever, because the fanbots will never stop.

On another note, this thread has the LONGEST QUOTE I'VE EVER SEEN. C'mon guys, snip is your best friend...

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Originally posted by Comnitus

This argument will be raging forever, because the fanbots will never stop.
    On another note, this thread has the LONGEST QUOTE I'VE EVER SEEN. C'mon guys, snip is your best friend...

honestly - darth has convinced me more than my own playing has convinced me; about what a piece of shit this game is.

i'm done.

good luck to all.

Trust me, you are not the only one. DarthRaiden alone has scared of more people from Darkfall than ANY lying dev or bad marketing ploy could ever do around here. He is pretty much the sole reason why people on mmorpg.com really hate Darkfall and its community, and would not touch it with a ten foot pole. Who the hell wants to play with people like that?! And he never give up, just the same drivel on and on about how perfect everything is, and anyone who do not say its perfect is a liar.

The fact that he CAN continue to spread his trolling and hate towards the mmo community here, day in and day out, month after month, not ONCE making an intelligent and thought out post with actual facts but ONLY attacks against peole talking in midly negative ways about the game... and still never be banned... Pretty much proves he is an Aventurine marketing employee and the mods here knows it. No reason in hell such hate propaganda would be unchecked if it was a simple ordinary member. Just do like most do... Put him on Ignore and stop seeing his posts. They have so far in a few years never consisted of anyhting close to constructive or even realitybased.

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Thread locked.
    Edit: ehhh, now it is really locked.

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

So you have no problems with AV misinforming the public about fetures that do not exist, but you have a problem with people that point out at that disinformation.

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• pwnzorellOrpwnzorellOr Member Posts: 216
    Originally posted by JelloB2000

Thread locked.

Ermmm, no?

jedi mind - heavenly divine, steadily shine in '99!

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981
    Originally posted by JelloB2000

Thread locked.

thread unlocked!

/flex

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221
    Originally posted by Adam1902

You're telling Darth that he's trolling and flamebaiting? Oh, jesus. What question did you ask? You didn't ask a question apart from "i'm reading thru the current features available to me ingame. as a player of darkfall, i'm curious as to what exactly is being advertised on the official, updated website?". My answer to this, is that you are incorrect and mis-informed. This website is not "updated" and they are not trying to "advertise" their game through it. This is why they are keeping Darkfall sales hidden, only accessable by the Darkfall community for time being.
    When people reply to your posts with facts, do NOT tell them they're trolling, mis-informing, flamebating etc. Because this is infact EXACTLY what you are doing. This person is not "baiting" you to reply, you're doing the bating.
    So, can I ask you to stop?
     EDIT: Also, why didn't you reply to any of my posts which, this time did infact contain quotes and facts from RECANT news updates taken from the forum? Was it helpful to you at all, or..?

Are you for real? Did you just give AV excuse about their missing features? "Well their website is outdated, so they are not liable for the promises they make on it". Do you realize how crazy that sounds?

If they dont want to advertise the game, then remove ALL their features and the website as a whole, and leave only forums. Becuase of people like you companies screw people and get away with it. You are justifying their false advertisement because, whether you like it or not, their website IS a form of advertisement.

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.