Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many people play Everquest?

MareonMareon Member Posts: 4
Does anyone know where I can find out how many people that play Everquest?

Comments

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

Not exact by any means, but the last time I saw released numbers for EQ there were around  400,000 active accounts.

• Iceman12321Iceman12321 Member Posts: 992

and diminishing everyday im sure::::05::

• luclarissaluclarissa Member Posts: 9
    erm hi i am new to this everquest game but i would very much like to play it...can i d/l it from a webby or must i buy cd?

• ValdinValdin Member UncommonPosts: 15

The free download offer ended some time ago and included the original game and the first 2 expansions.  My only suggestion would be to purchase the Platinum edition, which contains the last seven expansions, except for the very last and most recent one, Omens of War.

• OdenathusOdenathus Member UncommonPosts: 605

Originally posted by SOE
    EVERQUEST:® THE PLANES OF POWER™
    How many people play EverQuest?
    Currently, EverQuest has more than 420,000 monthly subscribers

SOE - Everquest

If you buy the CD set, SOE offers one month free, to play. Then you can cancell the account and move on.
    Personally, I've seen WoW and heard about EQ2, I'll be playing Everquest a bit longer. But everyone needs to make their own decision.

As for population sizes, well, new games are coming out. People will always be moving, leaving, and new ones coming over. I suspect that yes, over a period of time, the server populations will start to fade, after all, how long can you play the same game?! But EverQuest is not dead, yet!

Newark
    DESK, Druzzil Ro

----------------------------------------
    Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitmos

----------------------------------------
    My dog barks some. Mentally you picture my dog, but I have not told you the type of dog which I have. Perhaps you even picture Toto, from "The Wizard of Oz." But I warn you, my dog is always with me.

• lukeborgmanlukeborgman Member UncommonPosts: 36

After quitting SWG, my girlfriend and I have been playing EQ for a couple months now.  The Platinum Edition was a good deal.  Omens of War was a waste of money though. 

I think we'll stick with EQ for a year or so.  By then, WoW should have developed to a good point.  Maybe even EQ2.?.  Who knows what else might come along.  Who knows SOE might even fix SWG in a year or 2?  (I can dream, can't I?) 

After what I saw happen in SWG, I'll never play a brand new MMORPG again.  I'll let others pay for it to get nerfed or morphed or fixed or broken more.  EQ is what it is.

• SurrectionSurrection Member Posts: 32

Been playing EQ since 2000, I had my fun times with it. Eventually the fun mine went dry so i quit it.

• Y0lkixY0lkix Member Posts: 51
    I have been playing on and off for around a year. I am subscirbed now, but whe I get WoW I doudt I will keep my subscrition.

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

That sux.....I played for 3 yrs....and only haven't because my comps been down......alwell...I will just have to not play it again.

:'-(

---------------------------------------------
    "Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko

"If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura

WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage
    -Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
    "If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura