Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You know what MMORPG? Just keep it. /moved

Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

On May 19, I received an e-mail from MMORPG advising that I had won a 30 day free subscription to Chronicles of Spellborn. I waited a bit, and not having received any info on how to claim the prize, I made a post in this forum. I was advised to wait a couple of weeks while MMORPG informs Acclaim of the winners and that I would be contacted. Now, it has been almost a full month and, you know what? Just keep it. I refuse to get into any Rube Goldberg machinations to try to claim the prize. I fail to see what the problem could be. Acclaim is giving away 100 30 day subscriptions. How hard would it have been for Acclaim to give MMORPG the 100 key codes, so they could be distributed to winners? I played the free portion of the game so that when I got the free 30 day sub I could pick up from where I left off rather than starting over. Well, the starter areas were almost completely devoid of people (pve server) and I hear the rest of the zones are virtutally empty. Now, I have completely lost interest.

So, MMORPG, I suggest in the future you get your act together before posting a contest. And, don't blame Acclaim. You didn't have the prizes you offered in your possession when you offered them. It's your fault, not Acclaim's.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

Comments

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332

Well, damn, I'll take that prize if you don't want it. :) 

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

/moved.
    And mmorpg.com doesn't usually have the codes, contest winners emails are sent to the company & then the company sends codes to the winners. (I am still waiting on my Tantra-prize I won years before becoming a mod....Maybe I should stop hopping.)

• DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415

I am looking into what happened here.  Apologies for the confusion.

Dana Massey
    Formerly of MMORPG.com
    Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Originally posted by Skooma2

On May 19, I received an e-mail from MMORPG advising that I had won a 30 day free subscription to Chronicles of Spellborn. I waited a bit, and not having received any info on how to claim the prize, I made a post in this forum. I was advised to wait a couple of weeks while MMORPG informs Acclaim of the winners and that I would be contacted. Now, it has been almost a full month and, you know what? Just keep it. I refuse to get into any Rube Goldberg machinations to try to claim the prize. I fail to see what the problem could be. Acclaim is giving away 100 30 day subscriptions. How hard would it have been for Acclaim to give MMORPG the 100 key codes, so they could be distributed to winners? I played the free portion of the game so that when I got the free 30 day sub I could pick up from where I left off rather than starting over. Well, the starter areas were almost completely devoid of people (pve server) and I hear the rest of the zones are virtutally empty. Now, I have completely lost interest.
    So, MMORPG, I suggest in the future you get your act together before posting a contest. And, don't blame Acclaim. You didn't have the prizes you offered in your possession when you offered them. It's your fault, not Acclaim's.

Sounds like MMORPG.com did you a favor if the game is so dead already, maybe you should send them a prize?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

Well, what's the story?  How long can it possibly take to find out what went wrong?  

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

Received the code this evening.  Thank you for your efforts.