Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All I want...

EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

All "You Want them to Do in FFXIV" and thats It.

I want FFXI But with Vanguards Breakdown of Tank, CC Dammage, Healing, and Range Dammage So Groups Dont take a week to find that One White mage LFG.

Also I want the Mentor and Sidekick From CoH. For the Love of God and all things Holy, Why isent this in all games with Lvls???

And finaly more options for your Avatars looks... Way more than 2-3 hair options pleeeeeeese.

Oh and some Solo areas. But dont make it the Focus of the game. It should be for those Borring times when no one else wants to play.

So what do yall want?

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
—Samuel Adams

Comments

• jakaraijakarai Member Posts: 4

I want better ways of travel. I know this is FF and all but man riding on chocobos every where became time consuming.

Just because you face adversity don't throw in the towel, keep fighting show people what your made of because people will follow you when they see what you do when your back is against the wall. - J.C.

• BrialynBrialyn Member Posts: 184

Some content for those days when there isn't much time to play (but based on interviews, I'm getting this yay)

Better character customization

Better leveling system for crafting.

:) I'm sure even if I don't get the last two, it's still going to be a great game.

Currently Playing: FFXIV:ARR
    Looking Forward to: Wildstar
  • NicksdNicksd Member Posts: 403

All I want...

Is for the game to come out on time...

• jakaraijakarai Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Nicksd

All I want...

Is for the game to come out on time...

Agreed with that and to launch worldwide this time!

Just because you face adversity don't throw in the towel, keep fighting show people what your made of because people will follow you when they see what you do when your back is against the wall. - J.C.

• SkeeterxiSkeeterxi Member Posts: 265

All I want...

Is for SE to recapture the amazing social experience they made in FFXI. The couple years I played FFXI I made real friends, people I even keep in touch with outside the game to this day still. No other MMO I've played has had the social experience FFXI had. I actually cared about my friends and linkshell members. In other MMOs when I grouped with someone it was just run the dungeon or kill the elite quest mob never to see or talk to that person again, even guild members I didn't much care about in other MMOs because unless we were raiding I never needed to group with them. I think the fact that rerolling in FFXI was hard and pretty much insane considering the time consumption, you didn't have a bunch of alts running around, really helped FFXIs community. I hope rerolling alts isn't very viable for this reason. Everything on one character.

I also really hope they tone down the time sinks. Stuff like my group staying together a couple hours doing CoP missions that are very hard and challening, I don't mind this type of time sink, its challenging and fun. Back when I was really addicted, I had a CoP group last 19 hours and nobody left, it was amazing(We just kept doing mission after mission) I was ok with this time sink because it was optional, I could have done one mission and been done but we kept going. Time sinks like spending hours camping 24 hour spawns just to to miss claim to bots, this use to infuriate me so much. Time sinks like missing an airship by just a couple seconds and having to wait 12 minutes for the next one pisses me off.

I hope there is a lot of hardcore content like FFXI had, but that don't mean I don't wish it to be casual orientated either. I hope there is a ton of casual content to be had while LFGing.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by jakarai

I want better ways of travel. I know this is FF and all but man riding on chocobos every where became time consuming.

Well, to be fair...

They had airships, outpost warps, crag warps, Black Mage warps, White Mage Teles, Warp NPCs between Jeuno/Windy/Sandy/Bastok and Aht Urghan/Whitegate... So there are other means of transportation. Of course, some of those were added a bit later in the game, so you might not have been around for those.

That said... I would agree that I hope they open up more ways of travelling... but not *too* much. Leave some areas far enough away that a player has something new to look forward to as they progress.

One thing that drives me nuts in some of the newer MMOs I've tried is that you can get practically anywhere on the world map - and are often required to for early level quests - almost from the beginning. In my opinion, it takes away the mystique of the world, robs of you of new places to explore or discover as you progress, and makes the world feel "small" - especially when the areas you're going to are clear across the map.

So... make means of transportation more plentiful, sure... but don't open most of the entire worldmap to us right from the start. I think that's part of what makes getting to Jeuno for the first time such a big event for many new players... It's this new city that you hear about, but have never seen... and getting there can be a challenge (avoiding much higher level mobs, navigating unfamiliar terrain, etc). Of course, if you have sneak/invis up, it's not as bad... but most new players I've encountered don't carry stacks of prism powders and silent oils with them at level 20... though some do.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

FFXI had enough ways of travelling. The problem was that the game is too slow paced.

Make the existing travel options faster and better available, that should fix it.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • GaurusGaurus Member Posts: 9

I want:

Character creation that affects your character's stats. I loved that in FFXI your race affected your stats. Sure to some degree it limited what you could do but it also made somethings more special. I remembered the Galka black mages and Taru warriors. I would love to see this continue with even more choices.

Keep the group content and difficulty level of the game. The group content made the community. Since quitting FFXI several years ago I've played many other MMOs. None of which required much grouping except for dungeon runs. It led to some of the worst  gaming communities I've been a part of. Keep the difficulty level of some aspects of the game. The difficult things are what made the game rewarding. Hitting 75 was an accomplishment. Not a chore that you did so you could start doing end game events.

• BrialynBrialyn Member Posts: 184

Kinda tired of seeing this pop up when it's been answered...it's even here on mmorpg.com under the features for FFXIV.

"Q: Will launch and servers be global?

Tanaka: Yes, we will launch simultaneously in all regions, in English, Japanese, German and French, on both the PS3 and PC platform. Whether we will continue to have global cross region / cross platform servers remains to be seen. Players tend to congregate and play with each other, so we may designate language preferred servers. But for now, they will remain the same as FFXI"

Currently Playing: FFXIV:ARR
    Looking Forward to: Wildstar
  • KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Originally posted by Brialyn

Kinda tired of seeing this pop up when it's been answered...it's even here on mmorpg.com under the features for FFXIV.

"Q: Will launch and servers be global?

Tanaka: Yes, we will launch simultaneously in all regions, in English, Japanese, German and French, on both the PS3 and PC platform. Whether we will continue to have global cross region / cross platform servers remains to be seen. Players tend to congregate and play with each other, so we may designate language preferred servers. But for now, they will remain the same as FFXI"

Thats a very "open" response and does not guarantee that the servers will be worldwide {region and territory} as they are in FFXI.  That has yet to be dedided upon from beta testing.  FFXIV will launch globally but if we are not all together on the same servers does it really matter, cause then nobody would really be getting a head start over another!

• LordsGymLordsGym Member Posts: 25

All I want is to play a Puppetmaster again. I loved the class and wouldn't change a thing, although I wouldnt mind being slightly more comparable to other melee damage dealers at end-game. But I had to leave a couple years ago... maybe that changed?

• CyberwesCyberwes Member Posts: 2

I played FFXI for about a year shortly after it came out. I was new to MMO's but I loved the game since I didn't really have anything to base it off of. I was a DK and once I hit lvl 45 I couldn't group due to class balance issues and I spent about 3 weeks LFG without making any headway. I was pretty turned off by this but managed to lvl a RNG to about 40 but lost hope on the DK so I ended up quitting.

After playing WoW for way too long I'm interested in a challanging(compared to WoW) game with style, which final fantasy always had. Right now I'm looking forward to Aion but if that doesn't please me I have a feeling FFXIV will. As long as they focus more on the higher end class balancing at the beginning so your not stuck LFG.

• Hendo255Hendo255 Member Posts: 21

my first post here... ahh my love of all things FF

so... here is what I want:

Make NM timers reset as soon as they pop. NOT after they die. This would prevent people from holding them for hours to pull it into a different time zone and instead keep it constantly revolving. Also make them harder to hold. Example: Fafhogg... make the darters aggro when it has been slept a certain amount of times. Sort of like a, "we didn't notice at first but now that you've cast Sleep 3-4 times, we notice and it's annoying so we're gonna attack you."  It should be simple enough to do this in certian areas.  This would also prevent 2 people from holding it and waiting for help.

More character customization. Everyone looked too similar. There doesn’t have to be that many more options but a few would be nice.

Strong group play but also solo play. I dunno who they'll do this without everyone soloing but just an idea... Groups can chain forever but Solo you can only ever hit chain 2? Or Maybe make it that somehow Solo play costs more (aside from ninja I dunno how they'd pull that off tho lol)

Voiced content for some cut scenes? There got to be a ton of reading sometimes…

Worldwide release! which we’re getting :) I didn’t start right at the US release(for this I will) but I didn’t like that so many people were already level 50 when I was trying to find that damn skull by myself for the subjob quest haha.  Not to mention it felt like we were always playing catchup with the JP.

If the servers will be regionalized, then DON’T give players the choice of going out of their region. Could you imagine how bad it would be if the Chinese RMT got on a server that was played by 90%+ Americans? They’d have near free reign of the servers for gil farming late at night. Also if they couldn’t get on NA servers then we wouldn’t have to worry about them ruining the economy :D

Introduce more ways to take Gil out of circulation. They may have done this, but if you had the opportunity to buy super expensive things from NPCs it would help slow inflation. Also don’t let anything like that darn padded cap craze start up… When that caught on the inflation was ridiculous.

and finally… enable a LinkShell Mog Bank. Have it so it’s still only controlled by one person but at least this way everyone can see how much Gil there is in it. This would prevent LS leaders from using it as their private piggy bank… man I hated that. and if the shell breaks, maybe have the mog automatically split it among everyone.

I’m sure I’ll think of other things but this is all that stands out at the moment.

• StuckovStuckov Member UncommonPosts: 101

I have a feeling that the JPN client base on their forums and websites are asking for separate servers. I get the feeling because of the preasure from the JPN client base the Devs may decide on regional servers, which would also make lag and lattency more barreble. For me I rather have worldwide servers, I rather enjoyed the friendships and cross culture bonds as well as the sometimes unpleasent encounters. It made the game that much more fun for me having to prove myself to others and competing with the not so nice JPN and European players I came across while making good connections and friendships with most everyone else who was kind enough to give us the benefit of the doubt when it came to parties or anything else for that matter.

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Yeah I can see most JPN players not wanting to play with NA/EU players. I don't blame them :p

• jadan2000jadan2000 Member UncommonPosts: 508

better graphics: check

better crafting system

new leveling system: check

enhanced job system: check

they have already covered most of what i want. Im good.

I cant see why, from most of my experience most NA/EU players would bend backwards trying to please or accomodate the JPN in parties. There was those who made a bad name for NA with their unskillfull play but for the most part the gap between JPN and NA came from jpn arrogance, thinking because they had more experience with the game that they were better then everyone else playing.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by Stuckov

I cant see why, from most of my experience most NA/EU players would bend backwards trying to please or accomodate the JPN in parties. There was those who made a bad name for NA with their unskillfull play but for the most part the gap between JPN and NA came from jpn arrogance, thinking because they had more experience with the game that they were better then everyone else playing.

Culture shock made them like that last time. All the 10 year old american kids who didn't know any proper manners (which is a big thing to JPs) destroyed JP's faith on the NA players.. Some JP's got too upset and started to sabotage NA's... and that's what really destroyer the relationship (as well as the bad autotranslator). Can't say that it was "mostly X's fault", since it's not that simple.

Now that we all start from the same line, it might be different. Well, most likely it is, but enough to change things? We'll see.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776
    Originally posted by Ekibiogami

All "You Want them to Do in FFXIV" and thats It.
    I want FFXI But with Vanguards Breakdown of Tank, CC Dammage, Healing, and Range Dammage So Groups Dont take a week to find that One White mage LFG.

This is how FFXI is now. Parties need roles, not specific jobs. If your leader is looking for one and only job then the problem lies with the leader, not the game.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I don't want to sit around and wait 3-6 hours just for an armor piece.

Obviously better character customization.

I want to own my own chocobo this time and they should come in many colors. :D

Originally posted by SaintViktor

Lets add to it, why not have mount customization as well this time around on top of owning our own chocobos? 

Would it not be cool to have your mount with gear slots aswell, things like more bags, things that upgrade its speed, obidience, control, color, and any other thing u can think of.

Maybe allow players to own their own Chocobo but make it so they have to care for it in real time, and when they log off they will have to place it in a stable for a fee unless they want it to die. Would that not add an interesting concept to the game.

• InayaInaya Member Posts: 27

Lets add to it, why not have mount customization as well this time around on top of owning our own chocobos? 

Would it not be cool to have your mount with gear slots aswell, things like more bags, things that upgrade its speed, obidience, control, color, and any other thing u can think of.   As you cared for and fed your choco you would gain loyalty which raised the speed, obedience, etc.    You could add saddle bags for extra storage but the additional load would make it so your choco required more rest stops, feeding, watering, etc....

Maybe allow players to own their own Chocobo but make it so they have to care for it in real time, and when they log off they will have to place it in a stable for a fee unless they want it to die. Would that not add an interesting concept to the game.   You would still be removing gil from the game by requiring stabling at log out. 

Make owning a chocobo a mission of some type, and not a simple one either.  Keep rentals for those that decided they didn't want to do the mission or bother with caring and stabling.

Originally posted by Inaya

Would it not be cool to have your mount with gear slots aswell, things like more bags, things that upgrade its speed, obidience, control, color, and any other thing u can think of.   As you cared for and fed your choco you would gain loyalty which raised the speed, obedience, etc.    You could add saddle bags for extra storage but the additional load would make it so your choco required more rest stops, feeding, watering, etc....

Maybe allow players to own their own Chocobo but make it so they have to care for it in real time, and when they log off they will have to place it in a stable for a fee unless they want it to die. Would that not add an interesting concept to the game.   You would still be removing gil from the game by requiring stabling at log out. 

Make owning a chocobo a mission of some type, and not a simple one either.  Keep rentals for those that decided they didn't want to do the mission or bother with caring and stabling.

Ill go even further... make it a profession like a "miner" "farmer" "goldsmith"

make it into "Chocobo Trainer" kind of like crystal farming in FFXI was, you had to care for the flowers make sure u didnt neglect them..So a Chocobo Trainer would raise eggs initially and breed the birds to create different colors/different traits, (speed/handling/stamina etc) You could sell these chocobos to people who then would just do the above things to maintain them. And to make it so the profession did not saturate the market, make the chocobos die off in a month or so +- a few weeks depending how well u cared for it. :P I am really getting to liek this idea hehe

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I just thought it would be a cool idea to have your own. I see no reason why it couldn't be.

• InayaInaya Member Posts: 27

Ill go even further... make it a profession like a "miner" "farmer" "goldsmith"

make it into "Chocobo Trainer" kind of like crystal farming in FFXI was, you had to care for the flowers make sure u didnt neglect them..So a Chocobo Trainer would raise eggs initially and breed the birds to create different colors/different traits, (speed/handling/stamina etc) You could sell these chocobos to people who then would just do the above things to maintain them. And to make it so the profession did not saturate the market, make the chocobos die off in a month or so +- a few weeks depending how well u cared for it. :P I am really getting to liek this idea hehe

Definitely need to come up with some other way to not saturate the market.  I was with you right up until choco death.  Now I have visions of logging on, going to the stable to pick him up and finding him dead :(